|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nike and _________ were the first to conceive of the idea of co-branding, with much success for both companies.
2. Over time, however, the people who were being used to promote brands realized that the cultural _______ was being usurped by larger corporations.
3. The introduction of ____________ helps to create synergy, but also drives out smaller stores who cannot compete.
4. While larger big box stores do give people a large selection of goods, the consumer is still limited by the choice of __________.
5. When a company was sold, if the brand name was known and popular, a huge ___________ could be expected as a result.
Short Essay Questions
1. What had to happen in businesses when they realized that traditional advertising was not enough?
2. In order to market brands to teens, what did businesses realize they would need to do with their products and promotions?
3. What are some of the examples of brand extension possibilities which businesses began to explore in the 1990s?
4. What is helping to cause more people to speak up about the growing takeover of business by larger corporations?
5. In the end, global marketing begins to limit news coverage. Why does global marketing limit critical news coverage?
6. Give an example of what co-branding might look like for a corporation or a business.
7. What are the factors which serve to restrict the choice of consumers in the market?
8. What are some of the ways in which entire buildings can be used to help with branding campaigns?
9. What can no media venue exist without, according to Klein's findings in this particular book?
10. Why have financially strapped cities turned to partnering with corporations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Companies research the customers they expect to have, trying to learn more about their habits, their goals, and their ideas about life.
Part 1: Why do you think this customer research is so important for companies to do?
Part 2: How do you think advertising might be different if the research wasn't being done by the companies?
Part 3: Does it seem to be fair to research customers in order to tailor advertisements to their needs?
Essay Topic 2
Companies want to create a customer experience, not just a singular shopping experience.
Part 1: What happens when a customer has an experience, rather than just shopping to get what they need?
Part 2: Do you think the customer experience is important to you?
Part 3: Why do you think companies want to turn their products into a lifestyle instead of just items?
Essay Topic 3
American corporations are now buying items made elsewhere and creating a brand to make them more exciting to sell.
Part 1: What do you think about the idea of products being made in other countries?
Part 2: How do you think the American people suffer from not having products made in the United States?
Part 3: Why do you think businesses want to have production done overseas instead of in the country?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)