|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to buildings and billboards, one can also see advertising on the sides of ____________ and cars.
2. By _________, Redstone means branded entertainment products that he pats and molds to fit his various media holdings.
3. Identifying the segments of society which would be the most ____________ was the next level of branding.
4. Street _________ abound in the black neighborhoods as they know that the trends there will be cool in two to three years.
5. __________ were twenty-something workers who were brought in to help corporations find out what was cool for the teens of the day.
Short Essay Questions
1. How have some corporations consumed public space as well, according to Klein in this book?
2. What are some political ramifications of sponsorships in the eye of the public?
3. How does Barnes and Noble create the concept of a branded store for consumers?
4. Why are price wars forcing the smaller business out of the market, while giants like Wal-Mart are able to compete?
5. How does synergy lead to outright censorship in the consumer market, though most are unaware of it?
6. In the end, global marketing begins to limit news coverage. Why does global marketing limit critical news coverage?
7. How was brand expansion fostered further by governments at all levels?
8. What are large corporations doing in the context of films in order to advertise their products?
9. What is the reason why most corporations for most of the Twentieth century were growing in size?
10. In order to market brands to teens, what did businesses realize they would need to do with their products and promotions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The introduction of logos began to create a further connection to the idea of brands and brand names.
Part 1: Why do you think that logos have become so effective in terms of relating to customers?
Part 2: Do you purchase items based on the brand's logo?
Part 3: What happens when a person wears a number of logos or carries around items which have logos on them?
Essay Topic 2
Many computer companies introduced the idea of bundling, which limits the choices of the customers.
Part 1: What are some of the benefits of bundling when it comes to computer packages?
Part 2: Do you enjoy the concept of bundling or do you want to have more choices when you shop?
Part 3: Does it seem to be cheaper or more expensive to buy products in a bundle? Does this matter to you?
Essay Topic 3
The Internet now can custom tailor a person's online experience by posting ads relating to keywords the computer user has used before.
Part 1: Why do you think advertising is so prevalent online today?
Part 2: How do you think advertisers are being too heavy handed in their advertising online today?
Part 3: Do you think you have bought more items today because of Internet advertising?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)