|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fast food chains now offer children's meals with branded __________ to help promote a certain media event or movie.
2. Corporations have even begun to sponsor entire _______________ like MTV in order to continue marketing all day and night.
3. Brand names became synonymous with the idea of corporate __________, and agencies began to focus on the brand rather than the product.
4. __________ allowed companies to become more connected to the events which they were affiliated with, no matter what the event.
5. In order to stop the spread of the idea that companies were trying to infiltrate the culture, they began to produce _______ items, touting the coolness of uncool items from the years before.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the idea of synergy in brand-run corporations mean to the consumer and to the brand?
2. What had to happen in businesses when they realized that traditional advertising was not enough?
3. What is the reason why most corporations for most of the Twentieth century were growing in size?
4. Give an example of what co-branding might look like for a corporation or a business.
5. As an example, what did the brand name Nike seem to mean to those who bought their products?
6. Who does Klein consider to be some of the winners in terms of marketing to teens in the 1990s?
7. How was brand expansion fostered further by governments at all levels?
8. Why wouldn't ABC air a story on the idea of poor security at theme parks and at resorts?
9. In the end, global marketing begins to limit news coverage. Why does global marketing limit critical news coverage?
10. Why don't consumers fail to realize the consolidation of the various business industries in their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Internet now can custom tailor a person's online experience by posting ads relating to keywords the computer user has used before.
Part 1: Why do you think advertising is so prevalent online today?
Part 2: How do you think advertisers are being too heavy handed in their advertising online today?
Part 3: Do you think you have bought more items today because of Internet advertising?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of the branded loop is one in which customers can find themselves feeling trapped.
Part 1: Explain what the concept of the branded loop is, what it means, and how it impacts shopping.
Part 2: Do you think it's fair for companies to have so many opportunities to sell the same items again and again?
Part 3: Why do you think companies always look for ways to resell to customers? Is this necessary?
Essay Topic 3
Many computer companies introduced the idea of bundling, which limits the choices of the customers.
Part 1: What are some of the benefits of bundling when it comes to computer packages?
Part 2: Do you enjoy the concept of bundling or do you want to have more choices when you shop?
Part 3: Does it seem to be cheaper or more expensive to buy products in a bundle? Does this matter to you?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)