|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal of branding was to establish a/an _____________ connection between the customer and the product.
2. Large __________ have consumed public space so much that their power controls what people see, read, and purchase each day.
3. The goal of branded stores is to offer an experience with ever more _________ to help entice people to come back.
4. Cool _________ are stalkers of youth culture who trail teens, hang out with them, learn their language, and then recommend products.
5. As the media begins to focus more on global markets, stations try to avoid __________ other governments with critical coverage.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't consumers fail to realize the consolidation of the various business industries in their lives?
2. What are some of the ways in which entire buildings can be used to help with branding campaigns?
3. Who does Klein consider to be some of the winners in terms of marketing to teens in the 1990s?
4. What does Klein note is the danger of creating larger superstores which can infiltrate the lifestyle of a city?
5. What are the factors which serve to restrict the choice of consumers in the market?
6. In order to market brands to teens, what did businesses realize they would need to do with their products and promotions?
7. What does the strategy "Selection versus Choice" mean to those who are selling items to the everyday person?
8. How does the company of Viacom benefit from its ownership of Blockbuster and Paramount Pictures?
9. As an example, what did the brand name Nike seem to mean to those who bought their products?
10. What is helping to cause more people to speak up about the growing takeover of business by larger corporations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many computer companies introduced the idea of bundling, which limits the choices of the customers.
Part 1: What are some of the benefits of bundling when it comes to computer packages?
Part 2: Do you enjoy the concept of bundling or do you want to have more choices when you shop?
Part 3: Does it seem to be cheaper or more expensive to buy products in a bundle? Does this matter to you?
Essay Topic 2
Companies save money when they don't have to pay benefits to contracted employees.
Part 1: Do you think it's right for companies to not offer benefits to employees?
Part 2: What happens to employee job satisfaction when benefits are not a part of their package?
Part 3: Why do you think companies are so concerned about cutting costs and not as concerned about employee satisfaction?
Essay Topic 3
Many more people are working at home these days or companies are contracting out work overseas.
Part 1: What are some of the benefits of having employees who do not work in a building?
Part 2: What are some of the downsides of having employees who are not on site?
Part 3: Why do you think the companies are turning away from having all of the employees in one place?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)