|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is described as the active elimination and suppression of material.
2. Which sorts of laws were largely dismantled by the Reagan administration, which led to much of the branding activities?
(c) Capital funding.
3. __________ bought block stocks in Hasbro and Galoob before he sold the toy companies the licensing rights to the new Star Wars films.
(a) Pete Jackson.
(b) Steven Spielberg.
(c) George Lucas.
(d) Joseph Campbell.
4. The problem with branded vacation destinations is that they only offer a ___________ opportunity for branding convergence.
5. When the hip hop trend began to move out of the black neighborhoods, companies started to create __________.
(a) New brands.
(b) Fake markets.
(c) New styles.
6. "Branding in its truest and most advanced incarnations is about corporate _______________."
7. A key element in keeping the costs at Wal-Mart low is the stores are build within a short distance of ___________ centers.
(d) Mom and pop.
8. ________ can control what and how news is reported since advertising dollars are how new stations continue to run.
(a) Soda companies.
9. The polo pony and the alligator were the first signs of _________ being used in order to help identity those who were using certain brands.
10. Co-branding is seen as a win-win situation since the product and the _________ are both promoted at the same time.
11. Who was NOT one of the winners according to market research into the growing consumer group, as referenced in #33?
(a) The Gap.
12. The corporations pay the African American teens to wear certain items in order to become walking ___________ for the products.
(b) Sandwich boards.
13. Since they wanted to remain cool, many of the __________ also began to follow along with market brand trends.
14. Identifying the segments of society which would be the most ____________ was the next level of branding.
15. In 1998, ________ tried to air a show on the safety issues at theme parks, but Disney, its parent company, killed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over time, however, the people who were being used to promote brands realized that the cultural _______ was being usurped by larger corporations.
2. Markets that respond to the tyranny of size have always had a tendency toward __________.
3. Corporations want to make brands less of a connection to a retailer and more of a __________ choice.
4. _________-obsessed shoppers have adopted an almost fetishistic attitude and approach to consumption.
5. Buyouts and __________ cause many companies to be coupled together with one entity acting under several different names.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)