|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ culture began in the ghettos, but then incorporated Nike and Hilfiger into the social climate over time.
(a) Hip hop.
2. __________ bought block stocks in Hasbro and Galoob before he sold the toy companies the licensing rights to the new Star Wars films.
(a) Pete Jackson.
(b) Steven Spielberg.
(c) Joseph Campbell.
(d) George Lucas.
3. Klein believes that it is a myth that _____________ are growing in today's day and times, according to her book.
4. The marketplace is no longer __________ when the corporations control all of the media and the retail industries.
5. Klein compares the experience within a superstore as something that is a one- to two-hour __________.
6. During the 1990s, the consumer became more _________ conscious than brand conscious due to the recession taking place.
(c) Social issue.
7. Wal-Mart and K-Mart refuse to carry any ________ with inappropriate covers or lyrics.
8. A key element in keeping the costs at Wal-Mart low is the stores are build within a short distance of ___________ centers.
(a) Mom and pop.
9. As multiple ___________ began to produce the same products, however, the idea of brand names came into being.
10. Which of the U.S. presidents began to dismantle the anti-trust laws which allowed for joint research between competitors?
11. _________-obsessed shoppers have adopted an almost fetishistic attitude and approach to consumption.
12. The polo pony and the alligator were the first signs of _________ being used in order to help identity those who were using certain brands.
13. What is the branded town as build by Disney in Florida, whose aim is to create an entirely branded experience?
(a) Mickey and Minnie.
14. The boardroom has become a place for brand enhancement and for ___________ creation so as to draw customers in.
15. When the hip hop trend began to move out of the black neighborhoods, companies started to create __________.
(a) Fake markets.
(b) New styles.
(d) New brands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cultural trends tend to begin in ___________ neighborhoods and then move out to the suburbs.
2. While larger big box stores do give people a large selection of goods, the consumer is still limited by the choice of __________.
3. The Internet has created opportunities for ad free _______ which use embedded keywords to direct a reader to an advertisement.
4. The synergy of many pieces of a town into one specific group often begins with ______________ so that there is enough money to take over the town.
5. Synergy's efficiency is not measured by the success of any one product, but on how well any one of the products _______ through the channels.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)