|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corporations have even begun to sponsor entire _______________ like MTV in order to continue marketing all day and night.
(c) Cable channels.
(d) Time zones.
2. Retailers who want to maintain a __________ venue might need to reject certain types of music, movies, etc.
3. The next level of branding, according to Klein, may be to turn entire cities into brand ____________.
4. While larger big box stores do give people a large selection of goods, the consumer is still limited by the choice of __________.
5. To promote their __________, corporations are waging a war on public and individual space, according to Klein.
6. As a result of branding, _________ is not a shoe or a piece of clothing, but a lifestyle of sports and fitness according to the company.
7. ___________ is described as the active elimination and suppression of material.
8. Nike has a branded hotel called _________ Lodge in British Columbia in order to give customers a branded experience.
9. The corporations pay the African American teens to wear certain items in order to become walking ___________ for the products.
(c) Sandwich boards.
10. ______________ is a bookstore which began with the idea of offering a library like experience, with coffee from Starbucks.
(d) Barnes and Noble.
11. Disney's _________ network now has sports bars and credit cards with its name on it so that the brand might expand into all areas of life.
12. Newsworthy stories and important stories may be ___________ when a corporation does not agree with the piece.
13. Corporations want to make brands less of a connection to a retailer and more of a __________ choice.
14. In 1998, ________ tried to air a show on the safety issues at theme parks, but Disney, its parent company, killed it.
15. According to the book, _________ is something which is becoming less and less of a reality in the world of capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. By _________, Redstone means branded entertainment products that he pats and molds to fit his various media holdings.
2. Cultural trends tend to begin in ___________ neighborhoods and then move out to the suburbs.
3. Fast food chains now offer children's meals with branded __________ to help promote a certain media event or movie.
4. The synergy of many pieces of a town into one specific group often begins with ______________ so that there is enough money to take over the town.
5. ___________ not only has a number of different spin off channels, but it also offers shops which hold a full scale model of a T. Rex.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)