|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the business leaders of the 1990s begin to realize was the next new consumer group they needed to target?
(a) Young adults.
(c) Baby boomers.
(d) Older folks.
2. America is experiencing unprecedented growth in the young ____________ in companies as a result of advertising to the younger market.
(a) Production workers.
(c) Line workers.
3. ________ culture began in the ghettos, but then incorporated Nike and Hilfiger into the social climate over time.
(c) Hip hop.
4. When the hip hop trend began to move out of the black neighborhoods, companies started to create __________.
(a) Fake markets.
(b) New brands.
(c) New styles.
5. A larger company will help a school out so long as their __________ and products are prominently displayed in the school.
(d) Board of directors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The corporations pay the African American teens to wear certain items in order to become walking ___________ for the products.
2. Klein believes that it is a myth that _____________ are growing in today's day and times, according to her book.
3. What did kids buy when the real version of a product was too expensive or too out of reach?
4. Brand names became synonymous with the idea of corporate __________, and agencies began to focus on the brand rather than the product.
5. Who, when faced with less money, allowed these companies to use their brands in order to gain more money for certain events?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)