|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is about hawking a product, according to some in the industry.
2. Fast food chains now offer children's meals with branded __________ to help promote a certain media event or movie.
3. What did kids buy when the real version of a product was too expensive or too out of reach?
(b) Hot products.
(c) Handmade products.
(d) Knock offs.
4. Cool _________ are stalkers of youth culture who trail teens, hang out with them, learn their language, and then recommend products.
5. Some corporations have even paid college students to talk up their ___________ while being paid to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. America is experiencing unprecedented growth in the young ____________ in companies as a result of advertising to the younger market.
2. Over time, however, the people who were being used to promote brands realized that the cultural _______ was being usurped by larger corporations.
3. Many more people were buying __________ brands in order to save money during tighter times in the market.
4. __________ were twenty-something workers who were brought in to help corporations find out what was cool for the teens of the day.
5. Brand names became synonymous with the idea of corporate __________, and agencies began to focus on the brand rather than the product.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)