|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author's parents move in order to avoid the Vietnam War in the 1960s and 1970s?
(b) New Zealand.
2. ____________ now focus on the horrible practices of corporations in third world countries.
3. Software companies began to realize that _________ work out to people who could work at home was far cheaper than permanent positions.
4. A big problem with sweatshops and corporations is that codes of _______ are not enforceable, like laws are.
5. Even corporate _________ are for sale, moving from one company to another frequently, according to Klein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once an executive has trimmed the company and saved money, he/she might move on to the next company, often leaving with a golden ________.
2. Buyouts and __________ cause many companies to be coupled together with one entity acting under several different names.
3. The world of __________ looked dingy by comparison, according to the author when she went to Disneyland as a child.
4. Those who are working in a third world country have women who will work until they are ____________ or are too old to withstand the conditions.
5. __________ bought block stocks in Hasbro and Galoob before he sold the toy companies the licensing rights to the new Star Wars films.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)