|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who work at a Starbucks or a Borders are working there until they can __________________.
(a) Get done with school.
(b) Afford to move out of their parents' house.
(c) Be in management.
(d) Find something better.
2. ___________make up a large percentage of the workers for Microsoft and other software companies.
(d) Illegal workers.
3. The workers who go into the factories overseas must pass through ____________ in order to enter and to exist.
(d) Metal detectors.
4. In order to stop the spread of the idea that companies were trying to infiltrate the culture, they began to produce _______ items, touting the coolness of uncool items from the years before.
5. __________, at the time of the printing of the book, had its own culture jamming site on the Internet, filed under 'alternative.'
Short Answer Questions
1. To promote their __________, corporations are waging a war on public and individual space, according to Klein.
2. In order to skirt the issue of not having paid benefits to temporary workers who were employed for over a year, Microsoft rehired the employees through ___________.
3. Markets that respond to the tyranny of size have always had a tendency toward __________.
4. A key element in keeping the costs at Wal-Mart low is the stores are build within a short distance of ___________ centers.
5. ________ refused at one point to inform consumers of what foods were the product of genetic engineering, and still do to this day.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)