|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what television station does Blue’s Clues air?
(b) The Disney Channel.
(c) National Educational Television.
(d) Public Broadcasting Station.
2. Lois Weisberg occupies how many different social circles, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. Who developed an invaluable tool for Sesame Street called the distracter?
(a) John Bartlett.
(b) Howard Friedman.
(c) Ed Palmer.
(d) Barbara Flagg.
4. Howard Levanthal distributed how many different pamphlets to seniors about shots in Chapter 3?
5. How many people admitted to witnessing the murder of Kitty Genovese?
6. What designer put a twenty-five foot Bassett hound on the roof of his Hollywood store, according to the author in the Introduction?
(a) Oscar de la Renta.
(b) Joel Fitzgerald.
(c) John Bartlett.
(d) Isaac Mizrahi.
7. Early research for Sesame Street showed that flashing lights and bright colors do not do what on their own?
(a) Lead to seizures in children.
(b) Teach children anything.
(c) Damage children’s eyes.
(d) Attract a child’s attention.
8. Who was convicted of the murder of Kitty Genovese?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) William Dupre.
(c) Winston Moseley.
(d) James Moorland.
9. What is Roger Horchow’s profession?
(a) Aerobics instructor.
(c) Catalog entrepreneur.
(d) Flight attendant.
10. What two executives from Hush Puppies Shoes met a New York photographer who told them about the shoes’ resurgence, according to the author in the introduction?
(a) James Owen and William Ross.
(b) Michael Anderson and Jesse Skawinski.
(c) Owen Baxter and Geoffrey Lewis.
(d) John Bartlett and Isaac Mizrahi.
11. What does the author consider to be the first of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Law of the Few.
(b) The Power of Context.
(c) The Law of the Many.
(d) The Stickiness Factor.
12. In what year was Kitty Genovese stabbed to death?
13. What researcher from Johns Hopkins University blames the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore on the breakdown of medical services in the city’s poorest neighborhoods, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) Darnell McGee.
(b) John Bartlett.
(c) John Potterat.
(d) John Zenilman.
14. The author points out that the outbreak of syphilis in Baltimore slowed during what season?
15. Each episode of Blue’s Clues airs for how many consecutive days?
Short Answer Questions
1. Darnell McGee is known to have infected over how many people with HIV?
2. The author states in Chapter 1 that what year span saw the number of children in Baltimore born with syphilis spike considerably?
3. Gaeton Dugas held what profession?
4. What does HIV stand for?
5. What was Joan Ganz Cooney’s first television program?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)