|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each episode of Blue’s Clues airs for how many consecutive days?
2. Who developed an invaluable tool for Sesame Street called the distracter?
(a) John Bartlett.
(b) Howard Friedman.
(c) Barbara Flagg.
(d) Ed Palmer.
3. Unlike Sesame Street, which tested a third of its episodes, the Blue's Clues research team field tested every episode how many times?
4. What researcher from Syracuse University showed that of the three major news outlets, Peter Jennings showed a bias in the presidential elections of the 1980s?
(a) Brian Mullen.
(b) Mark Alpert.
(c) Tom Gau.
(d) John Potterat.
5. Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death in what neighborhood of Queens, New York?
(b) Kew Gardens.
(c) Rockaway Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What researcher from Johns Hopkins University blames the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore on the breakdown of medical services in the city’s poorest neighborhoods, according to the author in Chapter 1?
2. Not only do connectors know many people; they also operate in a variety of what, according to the author?
3. What was the cause in the spike of syphilis cases in Baltimore, according to the Centers for Disease Control?
4. What does the author consider to be the second of the three rules of epidemics?
5. Who was convicted of the murder of Kitty Genovese?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)