|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What designer put a twenty-five foot Bassett hound on the roof of his Hollywood store, according to the author in the Introduction?
(a) Oscar de la Renta.
(b) Isaac Mizrahi.
(c) John Bartlett.
(d) Joel Fitzgerald.
2. Early research for Sesame Street showed that the presence of toys does not impact a child's what?
3. Gaeton Dugas held what profession?
(b) Flight attendant.
(c) Swim instructor.
(d) Night club owner.
4. Early research for Sesame Street showed that flashing lights and bright colors do not do what on their own?
(a) Teach children anything.
(b) Attract a child’s attention.
(c) Lead to seizures in children.
(d) Damage children’s eyes.
5. What refers to a social psychological phenomenon where individuals do not offer any means of help in an emergency situation to the victim when other people are present?
(a) The freedom effect.
(b) The silence effect.
(c) The escape effect.
(d) The bystander effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fashion designer was heard to be wearing Hush Puppies Shoes when they experienced a resurgence, according to the author in the Introduction?
2. What leading epidemiologist theorizes that the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore was caused by the diminishing of public housing?
3. While connectors collect relationships, mavens collect what, according to the author?
4. What is Roger Horchow’s profession?
5. Each episode of Blue’s Clues airs for how many consecutive days?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)