|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What researcher from Syracuse University showed that of the three major news outlets, Peter Jennings showed a bias in the presidential elections of the 1980s?
(a) Tom Gau.
(b) John Potterat.
(c) Mark Alpert.
(d) Brian Mullen.
2. What designer put a twenty-five foot Bassett hound on the roof of his Hollywood store, according to the author in the Introduction?
(a) John Bartlett.
(b) Joel Fitzgerald.
(c) Oscar de la Renta.
(d) Isaac Mizrahi.
3. What does the author consider to be the first of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Stickiness Factor.
(b) The Law of the Many.
(c) The Power of Context.
(d) The Law of the Few.
4. The expert salesman for Gladwell is what successful financial planner described in Chapter 2?
(a) John Potterat.
(b) Mark Alpert.
(c) Brian Mullen.
(d) Tom Gau.
5. What does the author consider to be the second of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Law of the Many.
(b) The Stickiness Factor.
(c) The Law of the Few.
(d) The Power of Context.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lois Weisberg occupies how many different social circles, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. Where is Lois Weisberg from?
3. Darnell McGee admitted sexual relations with how many people after he knew he carried HIV?
4. What does HIV stand for?
5. The author states in Chapter 1 that what year span saw the number of children in Baltimore born with syphilis spike considerably?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)