|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lois Weisberg occupies how many different social circles, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. What was Paul Revere’s occupation?
3. What is a trivia game that rests on the assumption that any individual involved in the Hollywood, California film industry can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon?
(a) “Seven Degrees of Separation.”
(b) “Ten Degrees of Kevin Bacon.”
(c) “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.”
(d) “Six Degrees of Separation.”
4. Paul Revere is someone the author considers to be what?
(a) A maven.
(b) A salesman.
(c) An antagonist.
(d) A connector.
5. Who does the author cite as a prototypical maven who is "almost pathologically helpful"?
(a) Mark Alpert.
(b) Brian Mullen.
(c) Tom Gau.
(d) John Potterat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a social psychological phenomenon where individuals do not offer any means of help in an emergency situation to the victim when other people are present?
2. When was Paul Revere born?
3. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, people are given a random selection of last names from what?
4. Darnell McGee is known to have infected over how many people with HIV?
5. What researcher from Johns Hopkins University blames the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore on the breakdown of medical services in the city’s poorest neighborhoods, according to the author in Chapter 1?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)