|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not only do connectors know many people; they also operate in a variety of what, according to the author?
(a) Social niches.
(b) Government offices.
2. In concluding Chapter 4, Gladwell states that what affects a person's reactions to a given situation more than parental wishes or guidance?
(a) Personal integrity.
(c) Sense of logic.
(d) Religious beliefs.
3. What does the author consider to be the second of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Stickiness Factor.
(b) The Law of the Few.
(c) The Power of Context.
(d) The Law of the Many.
4. On what date does the author describe a young boy overhearing news of the British invasion in Chapter 2?
(a) June 16, 1775.
(b) April 18, 1775.
(c) September 16, 1776.
(d) July 4, 1776.
5. One of the studies from Chapter 4 tested a large group of schoolchildren in order to pick out an honest group among them. Schoolchildren who did not cheat in earlier studies did cheat in the same tests given how much later?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The expert salesman for Gladwell is what successful financial planner described in Chapter 2?
2. Lois Weisberg was responsible for the establishment of what renowned program, which gathered youths to a vacant block downtown to make art?
3. What designer called and wanted to use Hush Puppies Shoes in his spring collection during their resurgence, according to the author in the introduction?
4. Gaeton Dugas held what profession?
5. What is Roger Horchow’s profession?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)