|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roger Horchow’s profession?
(b) Catalog entrepreneur.
(c) Flight attendant.
(d) Aerobics instructor.
2. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, few people score over what number?
3. What was Paul Revere’s occupation?
4. Each episode of Blue’s Clues airs for how many consecutive days?
5. According to the author in Chapter 3, Sesame Street limited itself by appealing to what?
(a) Children of upper classes.
(b) Children of lower classes.
(c) Children of urban areas.
(d) An adult sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychologist developed what he called the Affective Test to measure charisma?
2. What theory does the author cite which states that presence of vandalism in a neighborhood incites people to commit other more serious acts that they would never believe they might get away with in a nicer, cleaner neighborhood?
3. One of the studies from Chapter 4 tested a large group of schoolchildren in order to pick out an honest group among them. Schoolchildren who did not cheat in earlier studies did cheat in the same tests given how much later?
4. In Gladwell's example from Chapter 3, the researchers at Sesame Street showed an episode where a character danced around and letters entered from various points of the screen. Though the episode held the children's attention, the eye movement sensor found that the children watched what?
5. Who developed an eye movement sensor used in research for Sesame Street?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)