|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early research for Sesame Street showed that children watch what they understand and look away when?
(a) When they become bored.
(b) When they hear music.
(c) When puppets are introduced.
(d) When they see flashing lights.
2. What was Joan Ganz Cooney’s first television program?
(a) Sesame Street.
(b) Blue’s Clues.
(c) Law and Order.
(d) Court of Reason.
3. Who was convicted of the murder of Kitty Genovese?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) William Dupre.
(c) Winston Moseley.
(d) James Moorland.
4. What was the cause in the spike of syphilis cases in Baltimore, according to the Centers for Disease Control?
(c) Rat infestation.
(d) Crack cocaine.
5. What refers to a social psychological phenomenon where individuals do not offer any means of help in an emergency situation to the victim when other people are present?
(a) The escape effect.
(b) The bystander effect.
(c) The silence effect.
(d) The freedom effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death in what neighborhood of Queens, New York?
2. When did Philip Zimbardo conduct his prison study?
3. Who does the author cite as a prototypical maven who is "almost pathologically helpful"?
4. Darnell McGee admitted sexual relations with how many people after he knew he carried HIV?
5. Where is Lois Weisberg from?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)