|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
2. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
3. What are most herbs and spices made from?
4. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
5. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one make pasta?
2. What are emulsion sauces?
3. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
4. What is capsaican?
5. What is dough made of?
6. What is puree?
7. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
8. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
9. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
10. How does the author define seeds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are fish seen as essential to our diets? What are the health risks surrounding fish? How should one prepare different fish?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)