|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
2. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
3. In what way are batters different from dough?
4. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
5. What is an example of oil convection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is puree?
2. How should one make pasta?
3. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
4. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
5. What are emulsion sauces?
6. What are the three categories of seeds?
7. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
8. How does radiation heat food?
9. How does the author define seeds?
10. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)