|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
2. Which of the following is a type of candy?
3. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
4. What is the sweetest sugar?
5. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
2. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
3. What are the major components of wine?
4. What is capsaican?
5. What are emulsion sauces?
6. What are the three categories of herbs?
7. How should one make pasta?
8. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
9. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
10. How does one make mayonnaise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different cooking methods? Why is it important to examine different cooking methods? How do the different cooking methods affect the flavor of food?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)