|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a vegetable?
2. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
3. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
4. Which of the following is a mint herb?
5. What is the sweetest sugar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
2. How does the author define seeds?
3. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
4. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
5. What are differences between sauces and soups?
6. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
7. What are the three categories of herbs?
8. How does radiation heat food?
9. What different types of melons are there?
10. How is corn syrup made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
What are the best way to preserve diary products? What are the health risks surrounding dairy products? How can people reduce the health risk of dairy products? How has the production, storing of milk changed since the book was written in 1984?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)