|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a mint herb?
2. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
3. What is coriander also known as?
4. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
5. What is the world's most widely used herb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is capsaican?
2. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
3. What is dough made of?
4. How should one make pasta?
5. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
6. What is puree?
7. How does the author define seeds?
8. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
9. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
10. What are the three categories of herbs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
What are the best way to preserve diary products? What are the health risks surrounding dairy products? How can people reduce the health risk of dairy products? How has the production, storing of milk changed since the book was written in 1984?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)