|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
2. What is beer made from?
3. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
4. What are most herbs and spices made from?
5. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three categories of seeds?
2. How is corn syrup made?
3. How does the author define seeds?
4. What are the major components of wine?
5. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
6. What are differences between sauces and soups?
7. What are browning reactions?
8. How does radiation heat food?
9. What is dough made of?
10. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
Essay Topic 2
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the chicken egg industry? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)