|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
2. What is beer made from?
3. What was the precursor to honey?
4. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
5. What herb has 600 varieties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are emulsion sauces?
2. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
3. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
4. How should one make pasta?
5. What is capsaican?
6. What are browning reactions?
7. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
8. What are the three categories of seeds?
9. How does radiation heat food?
10. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the chicken egg industry? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)