|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
2. What is another word for simple sugars?
3. What is the sweetest sugar?
4. Which of the following is a mint herb?
5. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three categories of seeds?
2. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
3. How is corn syrup made?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. What different types of melons are there?
6. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
7. What is puree?
8. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
9. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
10. How is tequila made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the four basic food molecules? Why is it important to know the four basic food molecules?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
Essay Topic 3
What impact has ON FOOD AND COOKING had on the culinary world? How do you think chefs could use the book to improve their cooking methods?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)