|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people originally use chocolate for?
2. What county invented cocoa powder?
3. What is the world's most widely used herb?
4. What is the most common grain used in bread?
5. Which of the following is an example of conduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
2. How is tequila made?
3. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
4. How does the author define seeds?
5. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
6. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
7. How should one make pasta?
8. What is dough made of?
9. What is puree?
10. How does radiation heat food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the four basic food molecules? Why is it important to know the four basic food molecules?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)