|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
2. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
3. What is beer made from?
4. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
5. What vitamin other than vitamin B are seeds likely to contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does radiation heat food?
2. How is corn syrup made?
3. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
4. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
5. What different types of melons are there?
6. What are differences between sauces and soups?
7. What are browning reactions?
8. How is tequila made?
9. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
10. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the chicken egg industry? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)