|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a vegetable?
2. What can one use nut skins to make?
3. Which of the following is an example of conduction?
4. What is an example of oil convection?
5. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
2. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
3. What is dough made of?
4. What are differences between sauces and soups?
5. What are browning reactions?
6. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
7. How should one make pasta?
8. What are the three categories of seeds?
9. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
10. What are emulsion sauces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)