|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are cookies usually made from?
2. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
3. What county invented cocoa powder?
4. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
5. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
2. How is corn syrup made?
3. How does one make mayonnaise?
4. How does radiation heat food?
5. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
6. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
7. How is tequila made?
8. How should one make pasta?
9. What is dough made of?
10. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following countries and examine how that food has helped shape the nation's identity.
Essay Topic 2
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)