|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sugar is glucose?
2. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
3. What is the world's most widely used herb?
4. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
5. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
2. What are emulsion sauces?
3. How does one make mayonnaise?
4. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
5. How does radiation heat food?
6. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
7. What is dough made of?
8. What is capsaican?
9. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
10. What are the three categories of herbs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)