|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sugar is glucose?
2. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
3. What is another word for simple sugars?
4. What is coriander also known as?
5. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
Essay Topic 2
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)