|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
2. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
3. Which of the following is a type of candy?
4. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
5. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
2. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
3. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
4. What is puree?
5. What are the major components of wine?
6. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
7. How does the author define seeds?
8. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
9. What different types of melons are there?
10. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different cooking methods? Why is it important to examine different cooking methods? How do the different cooking methods affect the flavor of food?
Essay Topic 2
What are the four basic food molecules? Why is it important to know the four basic food molecules?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)