|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way are batters different from dough?
2. What was the precursor to honey?
3. What part of the nut contains vitamin E?
4. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
5. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
2. What are the three categories of seeds?
3. How does one make mayonnaise?
4. How does radiation heat food?
5. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
6. What are differences between sauces and soups?
7. How is tequila made?
8. What are emulsion sauces?
9. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
10. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the chicken egg industry? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)