|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the world's most widely used herb?
2. What is tea derived from?
3. What do people use to thicken sauce?
4. Which of the following is a vegetable?
5. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
2. What are emulsion sauces?
3. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
4. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
5. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
6. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
7. How does radiation heat food?
8. How does the author define seeds?
9. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
10. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the best way to preserve diary products? What are the health risks surrounding dairy products? How can people reduce the health risk of dairy products? How has the production, storing of milk changed since the book was written in 1984?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)