|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most common grain used in bread?
2. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
3. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
4. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
5. What part of the nut contains vitamin E?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three categories of herbs?
2. What are emulsion sauces?
3. What are browning reactions?
4. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
5. How does the author define seeds?
6. How is tequila made?
7. What is puree?
8. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
9. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
10. What are differences between sauces and soups?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)