|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of convection?
2. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
3. Which of the following is a type of candy?
4. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
5. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major components of wine?
2. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
3. How should one make pasta?
4. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
5. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
6. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
7. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
8. What are emulsion sauces?
9. What are browning reactions?
10. What are the three categories of herbs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the chicken egg industry? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)