|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
2. What family is spinach a member of?
3. What are poached eggs usually cooked in?
4. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
5. What is egg made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
2. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
3. Why are fish healthy?
4. How should one hard boil an egg?
5. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
6. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
7. How does one make butter from milk?
8. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
9. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
10. Why is fruit so healthy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the best way to preserve diary products? What are the health risks surrounding dairy products? How can people reduce the health risk of dairy products? How has the production, storing of milk changed since the book was written in 1984?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
Essay Topic 3
Why have meat products been such an important part of human development over thousands of years? Why are meat products so important in colder climates?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)