|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lactic acid in cheese convert sugar to?
2. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
3. What is key to cooking good custards?
4. What is egg made from?
5. How can one cook vegetables to avoid flavor loss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one cook poached eggs?
2. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
3. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
4. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
5. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
6. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
7. Why is fruit so healthy?
8. How does one poach a fish?
9. How should one soft boil an egg?
10. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following countries and examine how that food has helped shape the nation's identity.
Essay Topic 2
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
Essay Topic 3
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)