|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one have to damage in cream to make butter?
2. What kind of milk is added to help make margarine?
3. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
4. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
5. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
2. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
3. What are roots and tubers?
4. How should one hard boil an egg?
5. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
6. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
7. Why is fruit so healthy?
8. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
9. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
10. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
What are the different cooking methods? Why is it important to examine different cooking methods? How do the different cooking methods affect the flavor of food?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)