|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
2. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
5. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one cook poached eggs?
2. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
3. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
4. How is an egg formed?
5. What are roots and tubers?
6. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
7. How can raw milk become infected?
8. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
9. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
10. How does one poach a fish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)