|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
2. What does the author state is the best way to cook large meat?
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What country do both sushi and sashimi originate from?
5. What often turns brown after cutting them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
2. Why is fruit so healthy?
3. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
4. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
5. Why are fish healthy?
6. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
7. How does one poach a fish?
8. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
9. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
10. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why have meat products been such an important part of human development over thousands of years? Why are meat products so important in colder climates?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)