Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
What impact has ON FOOD AND COOKING had on the culinary world? How do you think chefs could use the book to improve their cooking methods?
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)