|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country do poke and lomi dishes originate from?
2. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
3. Which of the following is a fermented dairy product?
4. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
5. What does pickling kill in products?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one cook poached eggs?
2. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
3. Why are fish healthy?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. What different types of melons are there?
6. What is capsaican?
7. How is corn syrup made?
8. How does one make ice cream?
9. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
10. What are emulsion sauces?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following countries and examine how that food has helped shape the nation's identity.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)