|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bacteria is used in cheeses such as Limburger?
2. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
3. From what kind of cream is ice cream made?
4. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
5. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one make butter from milk?
2. Why are fish healthy?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
5. What causes milk to ferment?
6. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
7. How does one make margarine?
8. How should one hard boil an egg?
9. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
10. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does McGee examine food from a scientific perspective? Why is there so little learned about food science in schools?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
Essay Topic 3
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)