|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
2. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
3. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
4. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
5. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes milk to ferment?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
4. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
5. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
6. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
7. How can raw milk become infected?
8. How is an egg formed?
9. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
10. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
Why are fish seen as essential to our diets? What are the health risks surrounding fish? How should one prepare different fish?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)