|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
2. What drug do farmers use on animalw to create the hormones needed for leaner meat?
3. What creates buttermilk?
4. What acidifies the milk to create the flavor of such cheeses as cheddar?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
3. Why is fruit so healthy?
4. How does one make butter from milk?
5. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
6. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
7. How does one make margarine?
8. How should one hard boil an egg?
9. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
10. How should one soft boil an egg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)