|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are custards made from?
2. What dairy product contains several nutrients?
3. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
4. What family is broccoli a member of?
5. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one cook poached eggs?
2. What causes milk to ferment?
3. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
4. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. How should one soft boil an egg?
7. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
8. What are roots and tubers?
9. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
10. How does one make butter from milk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are fish seen as essential to our diets? What are the health risks surrounding fish? How should one prepare different fish?
Essay Topic 2
What are the four basic food molecules? Why is it important to know the four basic food molecules?
Essay Topic 3
Why does McGee examine food from a scientific perspective? Why is there so little learned about food science in schools?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)