|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
2. What kind of food does Chapter Five examine?
3. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
4. Why does the author think one should grill thin meat?
5. What is the second most popular vegetable in the USA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
4. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. How is an egg formed?
7. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
8. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
9. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
10. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different cooking methods? Why is it important to examine different cooking methods? How do the different cooking methods affect the flavor of food?
Essay Topic 2
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)