|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
2. What vitamin do Brussels Sprouts contain?
3. What does pickling kill in products?
4. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
5. What kind of potatoes are toxic to the system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
2. How does one make ice cream?
3. How should one soft boil an egg?
4. Why is fruit so healthy?
5. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
6. How does one make butter from milk?
7. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
8. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
9. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
10. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)