|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family is spinach a member of?
2. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
3. What kind of cooking does oven roasting ensure?
4. What are endives often mixed with to reduce their bitterness?
5. Which of the following does the author describe as having an almost meaty flavor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
2. What are differences between sauces and soups?
3. How is tequila made?
4. Why are fish healthy?
5. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
6. Why does the author think using a microwave is a bad idea?
7. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
8. What are roots and tubers?
9. What different types of melons are there?
10. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different cooking methods? Why is it important to examine different cooking methods? How do the different cooking methods affect the flavor of food?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following countries and examine how that food has helped shape the nation's identity.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss any advancements in that area since the writing of the book.
1. Vitamin intake.
2. Food and mental heath.
3. Food and healthy society.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)