|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most frequently used of the unfermented dairy products?
2. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
3. What is the name of the Japanese dish which is dipped in dough and fried?
4. Which of the following is an example of a starchy tuber?
5. What have people practiced with meat for over 4000 years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
2. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
5. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
6. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
7. How does one make ice cream?
8. What are roots and tubers?
9. How can raw milk become infected?
10. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)