|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
2. What kind of container does canned meat have to be canned in?
3. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
4. What vitamin do people rely on fruit for?
5. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the early methods of preserving meat?
2. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
3. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
4. Why is fruit so healthy?
5. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
6. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
7. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
8. What are the current methods of preserving meat?
9. What causes milk to ferment?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)