|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scientists believe fish oil is high in?
2. Why does the author think meat is different than it has been in the past?
3. What part of the lobster is most prized?
4. What kind of meat does the author suggest people should grill?
5. From what kind of crystals is ice cream made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
2. What are roots and tubers?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. Why do people generally freeze fish before serving it raw?
5. How does one make butter from milk?
6. What nutrients does an egg yolk contain?
7. How can raw milk become infected?
8. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
9. Why is fish oil so important in our development?
10. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
Why does McGee examine food from a scientific perspective? Why is there so little learned about food science in schools?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)