|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to cook thin fish?
2. What part of the lobster is most prized?
3. Which of the following is a mold used in cheeses?
4. What kind of eggs does the author say people should cook at 250 degrees?
5. What kind of drink did Pasteur invent his heat treatment for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is an egg formed?
2. Why are fish healthy?
3. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
4. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
5. How does one make butter from milk?
6. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
7. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
8. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
9. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
10. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are fish seen as essential to our diets? What are the health risks surrounding fish? How should one prepare different fish?
Essay Topic 2
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the meat industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)