Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
Essay Topic 1
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
Essay Topic 2
Why does McGee examine food from a scientific perspective? Why is there so little learned about food science in schools?
Essay Topic 3
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)