Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of preparing eggs does the author not recommend?
2. What does the author state meat has helped humans to adapt to?
3. Which of the following was an early method of preserving meat?
4. What type of vitamin is an egg yolk?
5. What does drying the meat prevent from growing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one make mayonnaise?
2. Why is Louis Pasteur important to the dairy industry?
3. How is corn syrup made?
4. How does one poach a fish?
5. What are the three basic ingredients of cheese?
6. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
7. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
8. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
9. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
10. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
What makes Harold McGee such an authority on food? What is McGee's reputation in today's culinary circles?
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
Why have meat products been such an important part of human development over thousands of years? Why are meat products so important in colder climates?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)