Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
Choose one of the following countries and examine how that food has helped shape the nation's identity.
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)