|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a method of drying fruit?
2. What does the author say is the quickest way to cook meat?
3. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
4. What kind of food does the second chapter examine?
5. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one make margarine?
2. Describe the Japanese dish Tempura?
3. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
4. How has meat meat changed from recent history?
5. What is the difference between winter and summer squashes?
6. How does one make buttermilk from milk?
7. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
8. How can raw milk become infected?
9. How does one make ice cream?
10. Why are fish healthy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are fish seen as essential to our diets? What are the health risks surrounding fish? How should one prepare different fish?
Essay Topic 2
Why does McGee examine food from a scientific perspective? Why is there so little learned about food science in schools?
Essay Topic 3
What are the best way to preserve diary products? What are the health risks surrounding dairy products? How can people reduce the health risk of dairy products? How has the production, storing of milk changed since the book was written in 1984?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)