Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
Essay Topic 1
What are the different cooking methods? Why is it important to examine different cooking methods? How do the different cooking methods affect the flavor of food?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following foods in the book and examine why it is important to our diets.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)