|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think meat is leaner and younger than it has been in the past?
2. Which of the following is known as a bitter lettuce?
3. Why are tomatoes generally considered a fruit?
4. What kind of vitamin do fish and shellfish contain?
5. What method do people use to harden the liquid oil in margarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can raw milk become infected?
2. How does one make margarine?
3. How should one cook poached eggs?
4. Why is parsnip sweeter in the winter months?
5. Why are fish healthy?
6. Why are tomatoes used as a vegetable?
7. How is an egg formed?
8. Why is propionibacteria important in the cheesemaking process?
9. How does cooking vegetables and fruits affect them?
10. How does the author think meat has developed humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does food relate to culture? In what way does McGee show the link between food and culture?
Essay Topic 2
How do the following groups make up for the lack of meat and other products in their diets.
Essay Topic 3
What are the concerns about the fruit and vegetable industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)