Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
Essay Topic 1
What are the concerns about the the fish industry in general? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 2
Examine what you eat through the week.
1. How much do you think about what you are eating?
2. How could you improve your diet?
3. How difficult do you think it would be to change your diet?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the food industry so important? How was the book received by the food industry when it first came out in 1984?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)