|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
3. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
4. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
5. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are fish healthy?
2. How does one create Creme Caramel from custard?
3. How has McGee changed the second edition of the book?
4. What are browning reactions?
5. How does one poach a fish?
6. What is dough made of?
7. How should one cook poached eggs?
8. What are the major components of wine?
9. How is an egg formed?
10. How can raw milk become infected?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following foods and write about that products development since it was first discovered.
Essay Topic 2
What are the concerns about the chicken egg industry? How have governments tried to combat these concerns?
Essay Topic 3
Why does McGee examine food from a scientific perspective? Why is there so little learned about food science in schools?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)