|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(b) Aromatic oils.
(c) Essential oils.
2. What herb has 600 varieties?
3. What is the most common grain used in bread?
4. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
5. What was the precursor to sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a vegetable?
2. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
3. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
4. What is beer made from?
5. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are differences between sauces and soups?
2. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
3. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
4. What is puree?
5. How does the author define seeds?
6. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
7. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
8. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
9. What different types of melons are there?
10. What are emulsion sauces?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)