|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin E.
2. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
(a) High heat.
(b) Medium heat.
(c) Low heat.
(d) Low medium heat.
3. What is sugar used to preserve?
4. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
5. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(a) Juniper berries.
(b) Tree bark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
2. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
3. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
4. What county invented cocoa powder?
5. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
2. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
3. How is corn syrup made?
4. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
5. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
6. What is puree?
7. How does one make mayonnaise?
8. What are the three categories of herbs?
9. What are the major components of wine?
10. What are browning reactions?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)