|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
(a) Slows it down.
(b) Speeds it up.
(c) Makes it acidic.
(d) Destroys it.
2. Which of the following is an example of convection?
3. What was the precursor to sugar?
4. What are sugars good at holding?
5. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sugar used to preserve?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13?
3. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
4. What vitamin other than vitamin B are seeds likely to contain?
5. What is coriander also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three categories of seeds?
2. How does radiation heat food?
3. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
4. How does the author define seeds?
5. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
6. What are differences between sauces and soups?
7. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
8. What are emulsion sauces?
9. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
10. What are the major components of wine?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)