|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is coriander also known as?
2. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
3. What is glucose also known as?
4. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
5. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) They stay fresh for weeks.
(b) They have a bright color.
(c) They grow in cold contions.
(d) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a vegetable?
2. What is beer made from?
3. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
4. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
5. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one make pasta?
2. What are emulsion sauces?
3. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
4. What is puree?
5. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
6. What are browning reactions?
7. How does radiation heat food?
8. How is tequila made?
9. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
10. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)