|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
2. What is another word for simple sugars?
3. What do people use to thicken sauce?
4. What can one use nut skins to make?
5. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Salt them.
(b) Refrigerate them.
(c) Eat them.
(d) Freeze them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
2. What does one make malt whiskey from?
3. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
4. What was the precursor to honey?
5. What country developed noodles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are differences between sauces and soups?
2. What are the major components of wine?
3. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
4. What is capsaican?
5. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
6. What are the three categories of herbs?
7. How is tequila made?
8. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
9. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
10. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)