|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
2. What country developed noodles?
3. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
4. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain more sugar.
(b) They contain more flour.
(c) They contain less alcohol.
(d) They contain more water.
5. What part of the nut contains vitamin E?
(a) The center.
(b) The skin.
(c) Under the skin.
(d) The shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the world's most widely used herb?
2. What is sugar used to preserve?
3. In what way are strawberries unusual?
4. What kind of sugar is glucose?
5. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
2. What is capsaican?
3. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
4. How does one make mayonnaise?
5. What are emulsion sauces?
6. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
7. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
8. How does radiation heat food?
9. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
10. What are the three categories of herbs?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)