|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
(a) A peach.
(b) A tomato.
(c) A banana.
(d) A cucumber.
2. What are cookies usually made from?
(c) Cake flour.
3. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
4. What is the name of the tree chocolate is derived from?
5. What county invented cocoa powder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
2. What herb has 600 varieties?
3. What is an example of oil convection?
4. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
5. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one make pasta?
2. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
3. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
4. What are the major components of wine?
5. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
6. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
7. What is capsaican?
8. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
9. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
10. What is dough made of?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)