|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Chocolate and sugars.
(b) Recipies to die for.
(c) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
(d) Meat products.
2. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
3. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(b) Tree bark.
(d) Juniper berries.
4. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What are cookies usually made from?
(c) Cake flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
2. What does one use to thicken puree?
3. What was the precursor to honey?
4. What fruit does one dry to make prunes?
5. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
2. How is tequila made?
3. How does radiation heat food?
4. What different types of melons are there?
5. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
6. What are the three categories of seeds?
7. How does the author define seeds?
8. What are emulsion sauces?
9. What are browning reactions?
10. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)