|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sugar used to preserve?
2. What vitamin other than vitamin B are seeds likely to contain?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin E.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin D.
3. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
4. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
(a) A banana.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) An apple.
(d) A peach.
5. Which of the following is a type of candy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
2. What kind of radiation is grilling and broiling a form of?
3. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
4. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
5. What is glucose also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does radiation heat food?
2. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
3. What is capsaican?
4. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
5. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
6. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
7. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
8. What are browning reactions?
9. How does the author define seeds?
10. What are differences between sauces and soups?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)