|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county invented cocoa powder?
2. Which of the following is a vegetable?
3. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A honeydew.
(b) A grapefruit.
(c) A pomegranate.
(d) A cantaloupe.
4. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By stirring it in.
(b) By whisking it in.
(c) By sieving it in.
(d) By pouring it in.
5. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Berry wine.
(b) Grape wine.
(c) Wheat wine.
(d) Corn wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
2. What are sugars good at holding?
3. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
4. What is beer made from?
5. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
2. How is corn syrup made?
3. What are browning reactions?
4. What are the major components of wine?
5. How does one make mayonnaise?
6. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
7. What different types of melons are there?
8. How should one make pasta?
9. How does the author define seeds?
10. What is dough made of?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)