|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
2. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They contain vitamin Cs.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They are naturally salty.
(d) They are richer in oil.
3. What is another word for simple sugars?
4. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(b) Chicken pox.
5. What was the precursor to sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin other than vitamin B are seeds likely to contain?
2. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
3. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
4. What is the sweetest sugar?
5. What was the first culture to develop wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the major components of wine?
2. Why should one refrigerate seeds?
3. How should one make pasta?
4. What are the three categories of herbs?
5. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
6. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
7. How does radiation heat food?
8. How is corn syrup made?
9. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
10. What are the three categories of seeds?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)