|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tea derived from?
2. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
(a) South America.
(b) North America.
3. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin E.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin A.
4. Which of the following is a type of candy?
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Meat products.
(b) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
(c) Chocolate and sugars.
(d) Recipies to die for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
2. What is the sweetest sugar?
3. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
4. What is an example of oil convection?
5. What was the precursor to honey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
2. What are emulsion sauces?
3. What is puree?
4. What is dough made of?
5. How does one make mayonnaise?
6. What are browning reactions?
7. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
8. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
9. What are the major components of wine?
10. How does radiation heat food?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)