|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(b) Lemon juice.
(c) Egg yolk.
2. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(a) Grows in any climate.
(b) Freezes well.
(d) Stores well.
3. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
4. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
5. What country developed noodles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
2. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
3. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
4. In what way are batters different from dough?
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is puree?
2. How was cane sugar made before indusrialization?
3. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
4. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
5. Why do people prize cabbage family spices?
6. What has a lack of Vitamin B in diets led to in the past?
7. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
8. How does one make mayonnaise?
9. What are the three categories of herbs?
10. How should one make pasta?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)