|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sugar used to preserve?
2. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
3. What was the precursor to sugar?
4. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(a) Egg yolk.
(b) Lemon juice.
5. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain more water.
(b) They contain less alcohol.
(c) They contain more sugar.
(d) They contain more flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are sugars good at holding?
2. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
3. Which of the following is a vegetable?
4. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
5. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should one make pasta?
2. How does one make mayonnaise?
3. What are differences between sauces and soups?
4. Why are blueberries so commonly used?
5. What different types of melons are there?
6. Why are citrus fruits so popular?
7. What is the difference between herbs and spices?
8. What are the three categories of herbs?
9. How does radiation heat food?
10. What are emulsion sauces?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)