|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
2. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
3. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
4. Which of the following is a mint herb?
(a) A pennyroyal.
5. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) They grow in cold contions.
(b) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
(c) They have a bright color.
(d) They stay fresh for weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tree chocolate is derived from?
2. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
3. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
4. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
5. What can one use nut skins to make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are sugars so important in cooking?
2. What different types of melons are there?
3. What is puree?
4. What did people use before sugar was discovered?
5. Why do prunes have such a rich flavor?
6. What are differences between sauces and soups?
7. How does radiation heat food?
8. What are the three categories of herbs?
9. What are the major components of wine?
10. How does the author define seeds?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)