|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What herb has 600 varieties?
2. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
3. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
4. What is another word for simple sugars?
5. What is used to make bread lighter?
6. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
7. What country developed noodles?
8. What is glucose also known as?
9. What kind of radiation is grilling and broiling a form of?
(d) Open air.
10. What county invented cocoa powder?
11. What fruit does one dry to make prunes?
12. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
(d) Plant particles.
13. What was the precursor to sugar?
14. What is the world's most widely used herb?
15. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Berry wine.
(b) Corn wine.
(c) Wheat wine.
(d) Grape wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
2. What is beer made from?
3. What did people originally use chocolate for?
4. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
5. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)