|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is dill usually combined with?
2. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
(a) Winter melons.
(b) Summer melons.
(c) Minor melons.
(d) Major melons.
3. What do people use to thicken sauce?
4. What part of the nut contains vitamin E?
(a) The skin.
(b) Under the skin.
(c) The center.
(d) The shell.
5. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
6. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
(a) High heat.
(b) Medium heat.
(c) Low heat.
(d) Low medium heat.
7. What is an example of oil convection?
(a) Deep frying.
(b) Shallow frying.
8. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(a) Lactic acid.
9. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Meat products.
(b) Chocolate and sugars.
(c) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
(d) Recipies to die for.
10. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
11. What was the precursor to sugar?
12. What herb has 600 varieties?
13. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin E.
14. What is glucose also known as?
15. What kind of radiation is grilling and broiling a form of?
(d) Open air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are sugars good at holding?
2. What did people originally use chocolate for?
3. What is sugar used to preserve?
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
5. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)