|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
2. What county invented cocoa powder?
3. What is the most common grain used in bread?
4. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
5. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
6. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
7. What is the world's most widely used herb?
8. What was the precursor to sugar?
9. What is tea derived from?
10. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By stirring it in.
(b) By sieving it in.
(c) By whisking it in.
(d) By pouring it in.
11. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They contain vitamin Cs.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They are naturally salty.
(d) They are richer in oil.
12. What herb has 600 varieties?
13. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
(b) They have a bright color.
(c) They stay fresh for weeks.
(d) They grow in cold contions.
14. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
15. What is beer made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13?
2. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
3. Which of the following is a vegetable?
4. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)