|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is glucose also known as?
2. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(d) Chicken pox.
3. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
(a) An apple.
(b) A peach.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) A banana.
4. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
5. What kind of radiation is grilling and broiling a form of?
(d) Open air.
6. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(a) Lactic acid.
7. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Chocolate and sugars.
(b) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
(c) Recipies to die for.
(d) Meat products.
8. What is an example of oil convection?
(b) Deep frying.
(d) Shallow frying.
9. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain more sugar.
(b) They contain more water.
(c) They contain less alcohol.
(d) They contain more flour.
10. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
11. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
12. What are cookies usually made from?
(c) Cake flour.
13. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
14. Which of the following is a type of candy?
15. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
2. What is used to make bread lighter?
3. What is the title of Chapter 13?
4. What did people originally use chocolate for?
5. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)