|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(c) Lactic acid.
2. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
(a) A banana.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A peach.
(d) A tomato.
3. What was the first culture to develop wine?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The ancient Egyptians.
4. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin E.
(d) Vitamin B.
5. What is another word for simple sugars?
6. What is the name of the tree chocolate is derived from?
7. What are cookies usually made from?
(c) Cake flour.
8. What part of the nut contains vitamin E?
(a) The shell.
(b) The skin.
(c) Under the skin.
(d) The center.
9. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
10. What can one use nut skins to make?
11. What herb has 600 varieties?
12. What is sugar used to preserve?
13. What is the world's most widely used herb?
14. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
15. What does one use to thicken puree?
(a) Plant particles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sugar is glucose?
2. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
3. What is used to make bread lighter?
4. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
5. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)