|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
2. What herb has 600 varieties?
3. What is another word for simple sugars?
4. What does one use to thicken puree?
(c) Plant particles.
5. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
6. What was the first culture to develop wine?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The ancient Egyptians.
7. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain less alcohol.
(b) They contain more sugar.
(c) They contain more water.
(d) They contain more flour.
8. What was the precursor to honey?
9. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They contain vitamin Cs.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They are naturally salty.
(d) They are richer in oil.
10. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
11. What is the world's most widely used herb?
12. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(a) Egg yolk.
(d) Lemon juice.
13. What is an example of oil convection?
(b) Shallow frying.
(c) Deep frying.
14. What is tea derived from?
15. What was the precursor to sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one use nut skins to make?
2. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
3. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
4. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
5. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)