|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used to make bread lighter?
2. What was the precursor to honey?
3. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
(b) Plant particles.
4. What did people originally use chocolate for?
(b) A sauce.
(d) A drink.
5. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
6. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
(a) A peach.
(b) A banana.
(c) An apple.
(d) A kiwi.
7. What is coriander also known as?
8. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By sieving it in.
(b) By whisking it in.
(c) By pouring it in.
(d) By stirring it in.
9. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
10. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(a) Essential oils.
(b) Aromatic oils.
11. What food is dill usually combined with?
12. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) They grow in cold contions.
(b) They stay fresh for weeks.
(c) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
(d) They have a bright color.
13. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
(a) Speeds it up.
(b) Makes it acidic.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Slows it down.
14. What can one use nut skins to make?
15. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit does one dry to make prunes?
2. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
3. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
4. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
5. What is the best temperature to store nuts?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)