|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
2. What is coriander also known as?
3. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
4. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
5. What country developed noodles?
6. What is beer made from?
7. What kind of sugar is glucose?
8. What is sugar used to preserve?
9. What is an example of oil convection?
(b) Deep frying.
(d) Shallow frying.
10. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
11. What are cookies usually made from?
(b) Cake flour.
12. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By sieving it in.
(b) By pouring it in.
(c) By stirring it in.
(d) By whisking it in.
13. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
14. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
15. What fruit does one dry to make prunes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
2. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
3. Which of the following is a type of candy?
4. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
5. What did people originally use chocolate for?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)