|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tea derived from?
2. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Salt them.
(d) Refrigerate them.
3. What was the precursor to honey?
4. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
5. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
(a) Low medium heat.
(b) Medium heat.
(c) High heat.
(d) Low heat.
6. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
(a) A peach.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) A banana.
(d) An apple.
7. Which of the following is a type of candy?
8. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Wheat wine.
(b) Corn wine.
(c) Grape wine.
(d) Berry wine.
9. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(c) Aromatic oils.
(d) Essential oils.
10. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
11. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin E.
12. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(b) Freezes well.
(c) Grows in any climate.
(d) Stores well.
13. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
14. What is the sweetest sugar?
15. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They contain vitamin Cs.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They are richer in oil.
(d) They are naturally salty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
2. What is beer made from?
3. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
4. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
5. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)