|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
(a) A cucumber.
(b) A tomato.
(c) A peach.
(d) A banana.
2. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
(a) Winter melons.
(b) Major melons.
(c) Minor melons.
(d) Summer melons.
3. What is an example of oil convection?
(a) Deep frying.
(d) Shallow frying.
4. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A grapefruit.
(b) A pomegranate.
(c) A honeydew.
(d) A cantaloupe.
5. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
6. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
7. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
(b) Skin disease.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Brain disease.
8. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
9. What herb has 600 varieties?
10. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
11. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(a) Tree bark.
(c) Juniper berries.
12. What is used to make bread lighter?
13. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
14. What is beer made from?
15. What is sugar used to preserve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is glucose also known as?
2. What kind of sugar is glucose?
3. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
4. What food is dill usually combined with?
5. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)