|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
2. What is the world's most widely used herb?
3. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
(a) Plant particles.
4. What can one use nut skins to make?
5. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
(a) Low medium heat.
(b) Low heat.
(c) Medium heat.
(d) High heat.
6. Which of the following is a vegetable?
7. What kind of sugar is glucose?
8. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They are richer in oil.
(b) They are naturally salty.
(c) They contain vitamin Cs.
(d) They can cause illness.
9. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A pomegranate.
(b) A honeydew.
(c) A grapefruit.
(d) A cantaloupe.
10. What is the title of Chapter 13?
11. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(b) Lactic acid.
12. What was the first culture to develop wine?
(a) The Aztecs.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The ancient Egyptians.
(d) The Romans.
13. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin E.
14. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(a) Essential oils.
(b) Aromatic oils.
15. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does yeast produce as a by product?
2. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
3. What was the precursor to honey?
4. What was the precursor to sugar?
5. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)