|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
(a) An apple.
(b) A banana.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) A peach.
2. What can one use nut skins to make?
3. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Wheat wine.
(b) Corn wine.
(c) Berry wine.
(d) Grape wine.
4. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
5. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
6. What kind of sugar is glucose?
7. What does yeast produce as a by product?
(a) Sugar and funghi.
(b) Starch and salt.
(c) Lacic acid and gluten.
(d) Carbon dioxide and alcohol.
8. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin E.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin C.
9. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Refrigerate them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Salt them.
(d) Freeze them.
10. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
11. Which of the following is a mint herb?
(d) A pennyroyal.
12. What did people originally use chocolate for?
(a) A sauce.
(b) A drink.
13. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
(a) A banana.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A tomato.
(d) A peach.
14. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
(a) Skin disease.
(b) Brain disease.
(d) Heart disease.
15. What herb has 600 varieties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one use to thicken puree?
2. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
3. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
4. What is the most common grain used in bread?
5. What was the first culture to develop wine?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)