|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are cookies usually made from?
(c) Cake flour.
2. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
3. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
4. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin E.
(d) Vitamin B.
5. What does yeast produce as a by product?
(a) Starch and salt.
(b) Carbon dioxide and alcohol.
(c) Lacic acid and gluten.
(d) Sugar and funghi.
6. What is the sweetest sugar?
7. What is glucose also known as?
8. What is the world's most widely used herb?
9. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(b) Juniper berries.
(c) Tree bark.
10. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) They stay fresh for weeks.
(b) They grow in cold contions.
(c) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
(d) They have a bright color.
11. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By stirring it in.
(b) By whisking it in.
(c) By sieving it in.
(d) By pouring it in.
12. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
(a) Vitamin C.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin E.
13. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A cantaloupe.
(b) A grapefruit.
(c) A honeydew.
(d) A pomegranate.
14. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(b) Chicken pox.
15. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the precursor to sugar?
2. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
3. What is the best temperature to store nuts?
4. Which of the following is a type of candy?
5. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)