|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(c) Chicken pox.
2. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
(b) Vegetable fat.
3. What is coriander also known as?
4. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
5. What is an example of oil convection?
(a) Shallow frying.
(d) Deep frying.
6. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
(a) Plant particles.
7. Which of the following is an example of conduction?
8. What does one use to thicken puree?
(d) Plant particles.
9. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
(a) High heat.
(b) Low medium heat.
(c) Medium heat.
(d) Low heat.
10. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
(a) A banana.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A peach.
(d) A tomato.
11. Which of the following fruits is known to freeze well?
12. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They are naturally salty.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They contain vitamin Cs.
(d) They are richer in oil.
13. Which of the following is a vegetable?
14. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(a) Aromatic oils.
(d) Essential oils.
15. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit is a melon closely related to?
2. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
3. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
4. What county invented cocoa powder?
5. What is the sweetest sugar?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)