|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Freeze them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Refrigerate them.
(d) Salt them.
2. What herb has 600 varieties?
3. What was the first culture to develop wine?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The ancient Egyptians.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Aztecs.
4. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
5. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
(a) Speeds it up.
(b) Destroys it.
(c) Slows it down.
(d) Makes it acidic.
6. What county invented cocoa powder?
7. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin E.
8. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A grapefruit.
(b) A honeydew.
(c) A cantaloupe.
(d) A pomegranate.
9. What country developed noodles?
10. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They are richer in oil.
(b) They can cause illness.
(c) They contain vitamin Cs.
(d) They are naturally salty.
11. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(a) Grows in any climate.
(b) Freezes well.
(d) Stores well.
12. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
13. What is an example of oil convection?
(a) Deep frying.
(d) Shallow frying.
14. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
15. What is tea derived from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
2. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
3. What is glucose also known as?
4. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
5. What do people use to thicken sauce?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)