|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the world's most widely used herb?
2. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(a) Lactic acid.
3. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
(a) Vegetable fat.
4. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
(a) Speeds it up.
(b) Destroys it.
(c) Makes it acidic.
(d) Slows it down.
5. Which of the following is a type of candy?
6. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A honeydew.
(b) A pomegranate.
(c) A grapefruit.
(d) A cantaloupe.
7. Which of the following is an example of convection?
8. What do people use to thicken sauce?
9. What herb has 600 varieties?
10. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
(a) A peach.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A banana.
(d) A tomato.
11. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(a) Stores well.
(b) Freezes well.
(d) Grows in any climate.
12. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Meat products.
(b) Chocolate and sugars.
(c) Recipies to die for.
(d) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
13. What can one use nut skins to make?
14. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
15. What is tea derived from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
2. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
3. What are cookies usually made from?
4. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
5. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)