|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
(b) Recipies to die for.
(c) Meat products.
(d) Chocolate and sugars.
2. Which of the following is a vegetable?
3. What is the world's most widely used herb?
4. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
(b) Vegetable fat.
5. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
6. What is beer made from?
7. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
8. How are nuts different from grains and legumes?
(a) They can cause illness.
(b) They are richer in oil.
(c) They are naturally salty.
(d) They contain vitamin Cs.
9. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
10. What kind of sugar is found in fruits?
11. Which of the following is an example of conduction?
12. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin E.
(c) Vitamin B.
(d) Vitamin C.
13. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Freeze them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Refrigerate them.
(d) Salt them.
14. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
15. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(b) Egg yolk.
(c) Lemon juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
2. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
3. What is another word for simple sugars?
4. What is the most common grain used in bread?
5. Which of the following is a mint herb?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)