|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
(a) Medium heat.
(b) Low heat.
(c) High heat.
(d) Low medium heat.
2. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Juniper berries.
3. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
(a) Makes it acidic.
(b) Destroys it.
(c) Slows it down.
(d) Speeds it up.
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
5. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
(a) A kiwi.
(b) A banana.
(c) An apple.
(d) A peach.
6. What is the most common grain used in bread?
7. What is an example of oil convection?
(b) Deep frying.
(c) Shallow frying.
8. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is distilled in barrels?
9. What was the first culture to develop wine?
(a) The ancient Egyptians.
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The Romans.
10. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
11. What herb has 600 varieties?
12. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(b) Egg yolk.
(d) Lemon juice.
13. What is coriander also known as?
14. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
15. What was the precursor to sugar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food is dill usually combined with?
2. What was the precursor to honey?
3. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
4. What county invented cocoa powder?
5. What does yeast produce as a by product?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)