|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of conduction?
2. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain less alcohol.
(b) They contain more flour.
(c) They contain more water.
(d) They contain more sugar.
3. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(a) Lemon juice.
(b) Egg yolk.
4. Which of the following is a mint herb?
(b) A pennyroyal.
5. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin E.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin C.
6. What kind of sugar is glucose?
7. What is the world's most widely used herb?
8. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
(a) Vegetable fat.
9. What is coriander also known as?
10. What fruit does one dry to make prunes?
11. What is sugar used to preserve?
12. What does the yeast in wine feed on to convert itself into alcohol?
13. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(a) Grows in any climate.
(b) Freezes well.
(c) Stores well.
14. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Berry wine.
(b) Grape wine.
(c) Wheat wine.
(d) Corn wine.
15. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
2. What is glucose also known as?
3. What can one use nut skins to make?
4. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
5. Which of the following is a pome fruit?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)