|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
2. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin E.
3. What does one use to thicken puree?
(b) Plant particles.
4. In what way are batters different from dough?
(a) They contain more sugar.
(b) They contain less alcohol.
(c) They contain more flour.
(d) They contain more water.
5. What country developed noodles?
6. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
7. Which of the following is an example of conduction?
8. What county invented cocoa powder?
9. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
10. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(b) Lemon juice.
(d) Egg yolk.
11. What is coriander also known as?
12. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
13. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(b) Aromatic oils.
(d) Essential oils.
14. What is another word for simple sugars?
15. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A pomegranate.
(b) A cantaloupe.
(c) A honeydew.
(d) A grapefruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the nut contains vitamin E?
2. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
3. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
4. Which of the following is a stone fruit?
5. What are cookies usually made from?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)