|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first sweetener in Europe?
2. What are most herbs and spices made from?
(a) Essential oils.
(b) Aromatic oils.
3. What is tea derived from?
4. What is used to make bread lighter?
5. What is an example of oil convection?
(a) Deep frying.
(c) Shallow frying.
6. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Grape wine.
(b) Corn wine.
(c) Berry wine.
(d) Wheat wine.
7. What does one use to thicken emulsions?
(c) Plant particles.
8. Which of the following is a mint herb?
(b) A pennyroyal.
9. Which of the following watermelons is known as a winter watermelon?
(a) A pomegranate.
(b) A honeydew.
(c) A grapefruit.
(d) A cantaloupe.
10. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(b) Freezes well.
(c) Grows in any climate.
(d) Stores well.
11. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
(a) Vitamin B.
(b) Vitamin A.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin E.
12. Which of the following is not an ingredient of mayonnaise?
(a) Lemon juice.
(c) Egg yolk.
13. What is sugar used to preserve?
14. What kind of radiation is grilling and broiling a form of?
(b) Open air.
15. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(d) Lactic acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following herbs is commonly used in alcohol?
2. What combines with glucose to make table sugar?
3. What meat is lovage usually combined with?
4. At what heat do browning reactions occur?
5. What do nuts lower the risk of developing?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)