|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By whisking it in.
(b) By pouring it in.
(c) By sieving it in.
(d) By stirring it in.
2. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
(a) Slows it down.
(b) Destroys it.
(c) Speeds it up.
(d) Makes it acidic.
3. What is the sweetest sugar?
4. What was the first culture to develop wine?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The ancient Egyptians.
(d) The Aztecs.
5. Which herb can be both sweet and bitter?
6. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(a) Grows in any climate.
(c) Stores well.
(d) Freezes well.
7. What is beer made from?
8. In what way are strawberries unusual?
(a) They grow in cold contions.
(b) Their seeds are on the outside of the fruit.
(c) They have a bright color.
(d) They stay fresh for weeks.
9. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
(a) Lactic acid.
10. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Chocolate and sugars.
(b) Cooking methods and utensil materials.
(c) Meat products.
(d) Recipies to die for.
11. What do phenolic compounds reduce the risk of?
(d) Chicken pox.
12. What vitamin other than vitamin B are seeds likely to contain?
(a) Vitamin D.
(b) Vitamin C.
(c) Vitamin A.
(d) Vitamin E.
13. Which of the following is a type of candy?
14. What is the title of Chapter 13?
15. What vitamin group is most common in seeds?
(a) Vitamin A.
(b) Vitamin B.
(c) Vitamin C.
(d) Vitamin E.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
2. Which herb can burn ones eyes?
3. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
4. What is coriander also known as?
5. What kind of sugar is glucose?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)