|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sugar used to preserve?
2. What is another word for simple sugars?
3. What kind of wine are brandies made from?
(a) Grape wine.
(b) Berry wine.
(c) Wheat wine.
(d) Corn wine.
4. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
(a) Refrigerate them.
(b) Salt them.
(c) Eat them.
(d) Freeze them.
5. How should one add the oil into mayonnaise?
(a) By pouring it in.
(b) By stirring it in.
(c) By sieving it in.
(d) By whisking it in.
6. What does one make malt whiskey from?
(b) Juniper berries.
(c) Tree bark.
7. What is tea derived from?
8. What does yeast produce as a by product?
(a) Lacic acid and gluten.
(b) Starch and salt.
(c) Sugar and funghi.
(d) Carbon dioxide and alcohol.
9. What are sugars good at holding?
10. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
11. What is the sweetest sugar?
12. What is the title of the eleventh chapter?
13. What was the precursor to honey?
14. What do people add to candy to make it softer?
(d) Vegetable fat.
15. What do people use to thicken sauce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following atoms does sugar contain?
2. What does soluble fiber do to the digestive system?
3. What vitamin are gooseberries rich in?
4. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
5. What word best describes a coriander's aroma?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)