|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the reason citrus fruit is currently so popular?
(a) Grows in any climate.
(b) Stores well.
(d) Freezes well.
2. What kind of melons are often used as preserves?
(a) Minor melons.
(b) Summer melons.
(c) Winter melons.
(d) Major melons.
3. What herb has 600 varieties?
4. Which of the following is a vegetable?
5. Which of the following diseases lead to a lack of vitamin B?
6. Which of the following is a mint herb?
(d) A pennyroyal.
7. Which fruit does one make into raisins?
8. What continent started to use honey as a sweetener in 1625?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
9. What is beer made from?
10. What country developed noodles?
11. What does one use to thicken puree?
(c) Plant particles.
12. What is used to make bread lighter?
13. What is the best temperature to store nuts?
(a) Freezing temperatures.
(b) Warm temperatures.
(c) Hot temperatures.
(d) Cool temperatures.
14. What was the precursor to sugar?
15. What is another word for simple sugars?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one make malt whiskey from?
2. What should one do with seeds once one has cooked them?
3. In what way are strawberries unusual?
4. What kind of sugar is glucose?
5. What is the sweetest sugar?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)