Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Survey of Common Vegetables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disadvantage of cooking vegetables?
(a) It reduces their nutrient value.
(b) They don't taste so nice.
(c) It makes them harder to preserve.
(d) It discolors them.
2. What should one do to a fish if he wants to eat it raw?
(a) Freeze it.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Gut it.
(d) Salt it.
3. What kind of milk does the author say can be highly toxic?
(a) Raw cow's milk.
(b) Raw goat's milk.
(c) Full fat milk.
(d) Skimmed milk.
4. Which of the following is a current method of preserving meat?
5. What should one do to a fish before drying it?
(a) Par boil it.
(b) Salt it.
(c) Coat it in butter.
(d) Cook it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continent does yogurt originate from?
2. What should one always do to vegetables before eating them?
3. What continent did sour cream and buttermilk originate from?
4. What often turns brown after cutting them?
5. What dangerous bacteria can the antibiotics create?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)