|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes for Google to go from next to nothing to earning over $4 billion in revenue?
(a) Less than three years.
(b) Less than five years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) Less than two years.
2. Where does the most pressure come from for Google to sell stocks?
(a) The media.
(b) The company's venture capital investors.
(c) Other Internet companies.
3. What is an IP (Internet Protocol)?
(a) The tracking information for early Internet users.
(b) The search engine's route to servers.
(c) A code for communicating online.
(d) An online address.
4. In one example that is cited, what does a son learn about his mother from an Internet search that causes the two to stop talking?
(a) She lied to him about who his father was.
(b) She abducted him after losing the custody battle.
(c) She is not his real mother.
(d) She had been secretly stealing a percentage of his earnings.
5. Where did Monier end up working after AltaVista was sold and reworked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example given of an outside device that might incorporate search in the future?
2. How much funding do Page and Brin receive from Andy Bechtolsheim?
3. Before the World Wide Web, who mainly used the Internet?
4. What part of the University of California is intentionally denied access to search?
5. Who would the "perfect search" work similarly to?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)