|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the University of California is intentionally denied access to search?
(a) The Arts and Sciences Building.
(b) The guidance offices.
(c) The computer lab.
(d) The library system.
2. When Gross approaches Google to sell his plan, what happens?
(a) Brin wants to use it, but Page rejects it.
(b) Page and Brin cannot afford to pay Gross what he is asking for it.
(c) Page and Brin both reject it.
(d) Page wants to use it, but Brin rejects it.
3. What is especially fascinating about the story of how Larry Page and Sergey Brin worked together to create Google?
(a) They were both best friends before they were business partners, which is why they were successful.
(b) Neither one of them had actually used a computer before they met and decided to create a search engine.
(c) They did not like each other at first, but both become business partners out of their common interest in building something useful.
(d) Most of their friends and associates did not believe in their idea and tried to discourage them from pursuing it, but they did not listen.
4. What Palo Alto street does Google relocate to after outgrowing its current location in 1999?
(a) University Avenue.
(b) Cherry Street.
(c) Fifth Street.
(d) Brookdale Avenue.
5. What is the main intention of the Patriot Act when Congress passes it?
(a) To gain information needed to prevent future terrorist attacks after the ones on 9/11.
(b) To tap into the phone lines of U.S. citizens without a legitimate reason.
(c) To attain the location of the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
(d) To trace phone calls made by terrorists before the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the Internet bubble burst, leading to the decline of IdeaLab?
2. What does Susan Wojcicki rent to Page and Brin for them to use to develop further technology?
3. Bringing the major themes of the entire book together, Battelle summarizes Internet search in what way?
4. What does the "M" stand for in "CPM?
5. In Chapter 12, The Epilogue, Battelle discusses how Internet searches can lead to what unintended consequence?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)