|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Battelle, search engines are on a quest for the "complete mastery" of what?
(a) Human intentions.
(c) Computer processing.
(d) Human knowledge.
2. In his original vision for a Database of Intentions, what does Battelle see the database being built with?
(a) Popular search terms.
(b) The most visited websites on the Internet.
(c) A collection of stores that offered online services.
(d) Names and addresses of Internet users.
3. Who developed the first search engine for the World Wide Web?
(a) Brian Pinkerton.
(b) Alan Emtage.
(c) John Battelle.
(d) Matthew Gray.
4. Why is clickstream data so important to search engines?
(a) It tells them how often people use the Internet.
(b) It provides them with the personal ISP number for Internet users, which is used to contact them in the future.
(c) It helps them analyze the preferences of Internet users to present them with effective advertising.
(d) It gives them the total number of clicks to a website so they can charge that particular website accordingly.
5. What causes many advertisers to have a negative view of Google?
(a) Google refuses to do business with other Internet companies.
(b) Google's automated approach to advertising reduces the need for customer relations.
(c) Advertisers begins to lose money when they cannot understand Google's complex advertising system.
(d) Google begins implementing a limit on the number of ads it sells to each advertiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan Wojcicki rent to Page and Brin for them to use to develop further technology?
2. In the A, B, C, D hiring model, which type of employees do "A grade" employees tend to hire?
3. Why does Google stop doing traditional brand marketing?
4. What do Internet users fear Google is doing to invade their privacy?
5. Google's search engine analyzes how many factors when determining the relevance of the user's keywords?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)