|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Google Today, Google Tomorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main intention of the Patriot Act when Congress passes it?
(a) To trace phone calls made by terrorists before the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
(b) To gain information needed to prevent future terrorist attacks after the ones on 9/11.
(c) To tap into the phone lines of U.S. citizens without a legitimate reason.
(d) To attain the location of the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
2. How much time passes for Google to go from next to nothing to earning over $4 billion in revenue?
(a) Less than three years.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Less than five years.
(d) Less than two years.
3. Gross designs the precursor to Overture, GoTo.com, for what specific purpose?
(a) To become the fastest search engine on the Internet.
(b) To become the first search engine that charges Internet users for its use.
(c) To remove spam from search results.
(d) To compete with the Google search engine.
4. Google's association with what country signals the potential for the company to compromise its values?
5. What does "DNS" stand for?
(a) Domain Name Services.
(b) Domain Name Server.
(c) Domain Name Search.
(d) Domain Name Status.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Gross start charging advertisers?
2. What does Schmidt consider Battelle's idea of a Database of Intentions to be a part of?
3. Why was the WebCrawler so unique?
4. What alternative search engine did Dr. Michael Mauldin create in 1994?
5. What is the average response rate for paid ads on Google or Yahoo?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)