|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Google Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Battelle fear will use clickstream data to abuse the privacy of Internet users?
(a) The government.
(b) Website owners.
(c) Search engine companies.
(d) Other Internet users.
2. Where did Monier end up working after AltaVista was sold and reworked?
3. Where is the location of the first main office for Google?
(a) The Stanford University Library.
(b) Brin's dormitory room.
(c) Page and Brin's apartment.
(d) Page's basement.
4. In 1993, what university created Veronica, the second search engine?
(a) The University of Nevada.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The University of Oklahoma.
(d) Yale University.
5. What was significant about Veronica?
(a) It listed websites in alphabetical order for easier access.
(b) It had a database that was twice the size of Archie.
(c) It used a program that connected directly to a file instead of to a computer.
(d) It was the first search engine that included keywords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers webmasters in the early stages of Google?
2. Which one of the following does not represent one of the pieces of information that the database should be analyzing to sell to clients?
3. Sixty-five percent of all Internet searches are estimated for what purpose?
4. When Louis Monier released AltaVista.com to Internet users, what company was he associated with?
5. What component of a search engine sends information requests out on the Internet and collects the information gathered from websites?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)