|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Google Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following does not represent one of the pieces of information that the database should be analyzing to sell to clients?
(a) The products and services that Internet users are buying.
(b) The products and services that Internet users are planning to buy.
(c) The products and services that Internet users are avoiding.
(d) The products and services that Internet users are offering.
2. What is the main idea behind the original concept of Google?
(a) To locate websites that provide the most text per page.
(b) To develop a search engine that can interpret the active search tendencies of its users.
(c) To rank websites by importance as they lead back to a single Web page.
(d) To eliminate any websites from the search results that do not include at least 50 percent of relevant information to the keywords.
3. How many searches does the rest of the world perform compared to U.S. Internet users?
(a) Three times as many.
(b) Less than half as many.
(c) Twice as many.
(d) Five times as many.
4. What alternative search engine did Dr. Michael Mauldin create in 1994?
5. As of the first quarter of 2005, what does Google have 51 percent of?
(a) Existing Website links in its directory.
(b) The global search market.
(c) The U.S. search market.
(d) All Internet advertising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an IP (Internet Protocol)?
2. In what year was the worldwide average at 550 million searches per day?
3. According to the 2004 research paper, how often do 85 percent of U.S. users perform Internet searches?
4. What are SERPs?
5. Why is clickstream data so important to search engines?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)