|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Google Is Born.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes for Google to go from next to nothing to earning over $4 billion in revenue?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Less than five years.
(c) Less than two years.
(d) Less than three years.
2. After a series of company takeovers, Yahoo eventually acquired AltaVista and used it as what feature for their website?
(a) A search box.
(b) A toolbar.
(c) A website directory.
(d) A tracker.
3. What is the average response rate for paid ads on Google or Yahoo?
(a) 15 to 20 percent.
(b) 13 to 14 percent.
(c) Less than 10 percent.
(d) More than 20 percent.
4. What happens to prove that Google can generate billions of dollars in revenue from developing search engines and databases?
(a) They begin advertising the products of offline stores.
(b) They begin working with Amazon to direct more buyers to their search pages.
(c) They begin accepting payments for higher rankings in search results.
(d) They begin offering ad space for companies who own websites.
5. Page and Brin select the name "Google," based on the term, "googol," which refers to what?
(a) The number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
(b) The number 1 followed by an infinite number of zeros.
(c) The number 1 followed by 1,000,000 zeros.
(d) The number 1 followed by 1,000 zeros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the first search engine for the World Wide Web?
2. Search traffic typically increases during what two times of the day?
3. What percentage of search results includes paid ads for Google and Yahoo?
4. Who does Battelle fear will use clickstream data to abuse the privacy of Internet users?
5. Where is the location of the first main office for Google?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)