|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Search Economy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "DNS" stand for?
(a) Domain Name Search.
(b) Domain Name Services.
(c) Domain Name Status.
(d) Domain Name Server.
2. How long does it take Google to go from zero to $3 billion?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six Years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
3. What angers webmasters in the early stages of Google?
(a) They resent the speed at which Google is growing compared to other search engines.
(b) They cannot find their websites as easily as in other search engines.
(c) Google is charging a listing fee for websites to be included in its directory.
(d) Their websites earn a lower ranking than others.
4. What does Google add to the concept of parallel computing to make it even more beneficial?
(a) The notion of allowing other companies access to their hardware to cut operating costs.
(b) Twice as much hardware to double their results.
(c) The plan to build all of their own hardware to reduce labor and equipment costs.
(d) Huge, cost-effective scaling by using inexpensive hardware.
5. What Palo Alto street does Google relocate to after outgrowing its current location in 1999?
(a) Fifth Street.
(b) Brookdale Avenue.
(c) University Avenue.
(d) Cherry Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the A, B, C, D hiring model, which type of employees do "A grade" employees tend to hire?
2. When Louis Monier released AltaVista.com to Internet users, what company was he associated with?
3. Who does Page admire for doing noteworthy studies but never profiting from them?
4. What alternative search engine did Dr. Michael Mauldin create in 1994?
5. How does Google try to be "less evil" than Overture?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)