|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Google Goes Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regulation requires that a company must report as if it were public when it has how many employees?
(a) Over 150.
(b) Over 2,000.
(c) Over 500.
(d) Over 1,000.
2. Before the World Wide Web, who mainly used the Internet?
(a) A small public network of computer savvy people.
(b) Educators at high schools and universities.
(c) The government.
(d) Scientists at NASA.
3. What alternative search engine did Dr. Michael Mauldin create in 1994?
4. What causes many advertisers to have a negative view of Google?
(a) Google begins implementing a limit on the number of ads it sells to each advertiser.
(b) Google refuses to do business with other Internet companies.
(c) Advertisers begins to lose money when they cannot understand Google's complex advertising system.
(d) Google's automated approach to advertising reduces the need for customer relations.
5. How long does it take Google to go from zero to $3 billion?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the media view Google in 2002?
2. What date does Google's stock officially open on the NASDAQ?
3. Why was AltaVista.com groundbreaking?
4. What does Google do to offend Wall Street?
5. What does Google use as a backup in case the main plan to market keyword-based advertising fails?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)