|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Google Goes Public.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Google to reconnect with Bill Gross and reconsider his business model?
(a) The NASDAQ market crash in 2000.
(b) The 2001 terrorist attacks.
(c) The decreasing number of advertisers that were buying ads.
(d) The lack of Internet users choosing Google as a search engine.
2. Regulation requires that a company must report as if it were public when it has how many employees?
(a) Over 1,000.
(b) Over 500.
(c) Over 150.
(d) Over 2,000.
3. What is the "SEC?"
(a) Security and Exchange Commission.
(b) Stock and Exchange Corporation.
(c) Security and Economic Committee.
(d) Stock and Ecommerce Committee.
4. In the A, B, C, D hiring model, which type of employees do "A grade" employees tend to hire?
(a) D grade employees.
(b) Other A grade employees.
(c) C grade employees.
(d) B grade employees.
5. What does Google do to offend Wall Street?
(a) It declares that it does not intend to become a conventional company.
(b) It sells its shares for twice the market value.
(c) It refuses to attend several stock market events.
(d) It sells its shares for less than market value.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Monier end up working after AltaVista was sold and reworked?
2. How does the media view Google in 2002?
3. What company eventually bought WebCrawler in 1995?
4. Where does the most pressure come from for Google to sell stocks?
5. What was the main problem with the way early Internet users were accessing files?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)