|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chef Smith live when he worked as a chef in Colorado?
2. What did Chef Smith say could be made with perfect stock?
3. What was the most important advice that Chef Pardus gave Michael about cooking?
4. What time was the class supposed to be in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
5. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
2. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
3. What happened on tasting day?
4. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
5. What was Susanne's new job?
6. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
7. Why did Chef Shepard hate making club sandwiches?
8. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
9. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
10. Who was Michael's instructor for the second term practical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of "Mise en Place," using examples from the book.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)