|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Michael's wife about one of the waiters at St. Andrew's?
2. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
3. How long did President Metz live in his hometown?
4. Why was Adam happy to have Michael shadow him at his new job?
5. What were students in Hot Foods expected to always have ready?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
2. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
3. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
4. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
5. How could the chef a student had as their teacher affect their grade?
6. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
7. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
8. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
9. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
10. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how students at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)