|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the chef that Michael worked under at St. Andrew's?
2. Which students were a couple?
3. Where was Susanne's externship?
4. Who was the instructor for the second term practical?
5. Why was the student who made the ciabatta the wrong consistency distracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
2. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
3. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
4. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
5. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
6. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
7. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
8. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
9. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
10. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)