|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What field did Jerry want to go into after graduation?
2. What were the plates of foods made in Garde Manger class supposed to look like?
3. Where did Chef Smith live when he worked as a chef in Colorado?
4. What class had most students just finished when they arrived at St. Andrew's Café?
5. What utensil did Adam say was always disappearing at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
2. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
3. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
4. How did most students feel when beginning Garde Manger?
5. What happened on tasting day?
6. How could the chef a student had as their teacher affect their grade?
7. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
8. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
9. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
10. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 2
As Michael spent more time at CIA he began to feel a kinship with chefs and those in the cooking world. Compare and contrast Michael's opinions about chefs and cooking before he attended CIA and after he graduated from CIA.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)