|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had CIA previously been located?
2. What impressed Michael's wife about one of the waiters at St. Andrew's?
3. What time was the class supposed to be in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
4. What time did the food have to be on the service line on day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
5. At what type of restaurant did Chef Smith say the chef should remove the fat from steak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Susanne's new job?
2. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
3. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
4. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
5. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
6. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
7. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
8. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
9. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
10. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how people who didn't attend CIA felt about the school, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)