|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were students in Hot Foods expected to always have ready?
2. What did Chef De Santis say to be cautious of at the next restaurant the students went to work at?
3. What class had most students just finished when they arrived at St. Andrew's Café?
4. What were the plates of foods made in Garde Manger class supposed to look like?
5. What type of cream did Chef Smith like to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
2. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
3. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
4. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
5. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
6. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
7. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
8. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
9. Who was Michael's instructor for the second term practical?
10. How did most students feel when beginning Garde Manger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how instructors at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)