|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
2. In what year did President Metz invite a 24 year old to be part of the team that opened the American Bounty Restaurant?
3. What field did Jerry want to go into after graduation?
4. Where was the person that Chef Pardus called a food goddess from?
5. What did the students have to do for themselves on day 2 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on tasting day?
2. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
3. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
4. What was Susanne's new job?
5. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
6. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
7. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
8. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
9. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
10. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of "Mise en Place," using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)