|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they remedy the problem with the chips?
2. Which student made the ciabatta the wrong consistency?
3. What class had most students just finished when they arrived at St. Andrew's Café?
4. How long had Josh been gone from CIA to save money for the second half of the program?
5. How many students were in Hot Foods class at a time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
2. Who was Michael's instructor for the second term practical?
3. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
4. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
5. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
6. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
7. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
8. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
9. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
10. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book Michael said that he sometimes felt like an outsider at CIA. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)