|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
2. What had to be prepared in the second term practical?
3. Who was the instructor for the second term practical?
4. Where had CIA previously been located?
5. What did Chef Smith say could be made with perfect stock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
2. What happened on tasting day?
3. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
4. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
5. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
6. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
7. Why did Chef Shepard hate making club sandwiches?
8. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
9. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
10. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)