|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was someone upset about the chips?
2. Where was the kitchen that cranked out food at CIA located?
3. What day of Garde Manger class were plated appetizers due?
4. What was the name of the person that President Metz invited to be part of the team that opened the American Bounty Restaurant?
5. Where had CIA previously been located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
2. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
3. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
4. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
5. How did most students feel when beginning Garde Manger?
6. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
7. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
8. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
9. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
10. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)