|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was President Metz born?
2. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
3. What shift did Adam work at his new job?
4. What time was the class supposed to be in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
5. What day of Garde Manger class were plated appetizers due?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chef Shepard hate making club sandwiches?
2. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
3. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
4. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
5. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
6. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
7. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
8. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
9. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
10. Who was Michael's instructor for the second term practical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how people who didn't attend CIA felt about the school, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)