|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chef Pardus say was a food goddess?
2. What was the most important advice that Chef Pardus gave Michael about cooking?
3. In what year did President Metz invite a 24 year old to be part of the team that opened the American Bounty Restaurant?
4. What had to be prepared in the second term practical?
5. What did Michael say that CIA students typically criticized it for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
2. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
3. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
4. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
5. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
6. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
7. What happened on tasting day?
8. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
9. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
10. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 3
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)