|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the oldest member of the class at St. Andrew's?
2. Where was Susanne's externship?
3. Who was the chef that Michael worked under at St. Andrew's?
4. Who said that cooking was magic?
5. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
2. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
3. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
4. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
5. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
6. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
7. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
8. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
9. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
10. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)