|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What necessary ingredient for lobster salad didn't show up when ordered?
2. What was Michael's next class at CIA after everyone returned from their externships?
3. Who was the instructor for the second term practical?
4. Why was someone upset about the chips?
5. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
2. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
3. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
4. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
5. How could the chef a student had as their teacher affect their grade?
6. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
7. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
8. What happened on tasting day?
9. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
10. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how instructors at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)