|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
2. Where was Susanne's externship?
3. What kitchen at CIA cranked out the food?
4. What was a galantine?
5. How long had Josh been gone from CIA to save money for the second half of the program?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
2. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
3. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
4. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
5. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
6. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
7. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
8. Why did Chef Shepard hate making club sandwiches?
9. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
10. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)