|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the instructor for the second term practical?
2. What happened if a person cooked their food incorrectly in the second term practical?
3. What day of the week was the Grand Buffet held on?
4. What did Chef De Santis say to be cautious of at the next restaurant the students went to work at?
5. Who was the Chef at Adam's new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
2. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
3. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
4. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
5. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
6. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
7. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
8. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
9. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
10. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Michael spent more time at CIA he began to feel a kinship with chefs and those in the cooking world. Compare and contrast Michael's opinions about chefs and cooking before he attended CIA and after he graduated from CIA.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of "Mise en Place," using examples from the book.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)