|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the food have to be on the service line on day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
2. What time did Michael have to arrive for his second term practical?
3. Who was the meal that Michael helped prepare his first day in the kitchen at St. Andrew's served to?
4. Where was the person that Chef Pardus called a food goddess from?
5. How was President Metz typically dressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
2. What happened on tasting day?
3. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
4. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
5. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
6. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
7. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
8. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
9. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
10. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
Essay Topic 3
Becoming a chef had a profound affect on the student's lives. Discuss how becoming a chef transformed the students.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)