|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Chef De Santis always want the students to be prepared for?
2. What field did Jerry want to go into after graduation?
3. Where was the person that Chef Pardus called a food goddess from?
4. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
5. How was President Metz typically dressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
2. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
3. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
4. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
5. How could the chef a student had as their teacher affect their grade?
6. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
7. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
8. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
9. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
10. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Michael spent more time at CIA he began to feel a kinship with chefs and those in the cooking world. Compare and contrast Michael's opinions about chefs and cooking before he attended CIA and after he graduated from CIA.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how students at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)