|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did chefs who didn't graduate from CIA usually feel about the school?
2. What did Chef Smith say could be made with perfect stock?
3. What was the backbone of Michael's next class after Lunch Cookery.?
4. What was the annual operating budget of CIA?
5. What was wrong with the chips that James fried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
2. Who was Michael's instructor for the second term practical?
3. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
4. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
5. What happened on tasting day?
6. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
7. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
8. How could the chef a student had as their teacher affect their grade?
9. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
10. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
Essay Topic 3
In the book Michael said that he sometimes felt like an outsider at CIA. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)