|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the students go to work after St. Andrew's?
2. What was a galantine?
3. How long had Josh been gone from CIA to save money for the second half of the program?
4. What time was the class supposed to be in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
5. What did the students have to do for themselves on day 2 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
2. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
3. Why did Chef Shepard hate making club sandwiches?
4. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
5. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
6. What happened on tasting day?
7. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
8. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
9. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
10. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
Essay Topic 2
The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
Essay Topic 3
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)