|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Michael's wife about one of the waiters at St. Andrew's?
2. Why was the student who made the ciabatta the wrong consistency distracted?
3. Where did Jerry work before coming back to CIA?
4. Which student made the ciabatta the wrong consistency?
5. Where did Chef Smith live when he worked as a chef in Colorado?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
2. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
3. Who was Michael's instructor for the second term practical?
4. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
5. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
6. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
7. How did most students feel when beginning Garde Manger?
8. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
9. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
10. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Becoming a chef had a profound affect on the student's lives. Discuss how becoming a chef transformed the students.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)