|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the oldest member of the class at St. Andrew's?
2. What class did the person Chef Pardus say was a food goddess teach?
3. What did Chef Felder relate the string that she used to tie the galantine to?
4. How many people did Chef De Santis always want the students to be prepared for?
5. How many students were in Hot Foods class at a time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
2. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
3. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
4. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
5. What happened on tasting day?
6. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
7. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
8. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
9. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
10. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 3
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)