|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the meal that Michael helped prepare his first day in the kitchen at St. Andrew's served to?
2. Who did Chef Pardus say was a food goddess?
3. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
4. What impressed Michael's wife about one of the waiters at St. Andrew's?
5. Who said that cooking was magic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
2. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
3. Why did Michael become fascinated with President Metz?
4. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
5. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
6. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
7. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
8. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
9. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
10. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Becoming a chef had a profound affect on the student's lives. Discuss how becoming a chef transformed the students.
Essay Topic 2
The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)