|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Chef Pardus say was a food goddess?
2. Why was the student who made the ciabatta the wrong consistency distracted?
3. How long was Hot Foods class?
4. What was wrong with the chips that James fried?
5. What was Michael supposed to help prepare his first day in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
2. What was Susanne's new job?
3. What was the dress code in Craig Edward's class?
4. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
5. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
6. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
7. Why did Chef Shepard hate making club sandwiches?
8. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
9. What did the students learn in Hot Foods class?
10. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how people who didn't attend CIA felt about the school, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)