|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
2. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
3. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
4. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
5. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
2. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
3. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
4. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
5. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
6. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
7. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
8. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
9. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
10. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the meaning of "Mise en Place," using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)