|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
2. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
3. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
4. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
5. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
2. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
3. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
4. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
5. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
6. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
7. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
8. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
9. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
10. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how instructors at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how students at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)