|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
2. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
3. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
4. What was the name of the chef that people at CIA called Captain Sanitation?
5. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
2. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
3. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
4. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
5. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
6. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
7. What did Careme say about sauces?
8. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
9. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
10. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)