|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
2. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
3. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
4. How did Chef Pardus act at the end of day 8?
5. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
2. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
3. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
4. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
5. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
6. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
7. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
8. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
9. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
10. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)