|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
2. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
3. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
4. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
5. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
2. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
3. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
4. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
5. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
6. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
7. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
8. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
9. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
10. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)