|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
2. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
3. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
4. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
5. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
2. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
3. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
4. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
5. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
6. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
7. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
8. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
9. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
10. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how people who didn't attend CIA felt about the school, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)