|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
2. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
3. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
4. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
5. What was named as the universal thickener?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
2. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
3. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
4. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
5. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
6. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
7. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
8. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
9. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
10. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the book Michael said that he sometimes felt like an outsider at CIA. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how people who didn't attend CIA felt about the school, using examples from the book.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)