|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
2. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
3. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
4. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
5. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
2. What did Careme say about sauces?
3. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
4. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
5. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
6. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
7. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
8. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
9. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
10. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Becoming a chef had a profound affect on the student's lives. Discuss how becoming a chef transformed the students.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)