|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
2. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
3. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
4. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
5. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
2. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
3. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
4. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
5. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
6. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
7. What did Chef Coppedge say about baking?
8. What did Michael tell Chef Pardus in his last meeting with him?
9. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
10. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
Essay Topic 3
In the book Michael said that he sometimes felt like an outsider at CIA. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)