|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
2. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
3. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
4. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
5. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Careme say about sauces?
2. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
3. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
4. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
5. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
6. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
7. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
8. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
9. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
10. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 2
As Michael spent more time at CIA he began to feel a kinship with chefs and those in the cooking world. Compare and contrast Michael's opinions about chefs and cooking before he attended CIA and after he graduated from CIA.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)