|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
2. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
3. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
4. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
5. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
2. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
3. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
4. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
5. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
6. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
7. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
8. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
9. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
10. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)