|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
2. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
3. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
4. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
5. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
2. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
3. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
4. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
5. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
6. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
7. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
8. What did Careme say about sauces?
9. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
10. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)