|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Michael feel while taking his cooking practical?
2. What was the name of Chef Pardus's former wife?
3. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
4. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
5. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
2. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
3. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
4. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
5. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
6. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
7. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
8. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
9. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
10. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)