|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
2. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
3. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
4. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
5. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Careme say about sauces?
2. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
3. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
4. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
5. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
6. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
7. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
8. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
9. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
10. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)