|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
2. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
3. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
4. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
5. What was named as the universal thickener?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
2. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
3. Why was grill station at American Bounty Restaurant so difficult in its preparation?
4. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
5. What happened on tasting day?
6. What fatal error did Lou make while cooking the dinner for his second term practical?
7. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
8. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
9. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
10. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)