|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
2. What was named as the universal thickener?
3. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
4. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
5. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
2. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
3. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
4. What did Careme say about sauces?
5. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
6. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
7. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
8. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
9. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
10. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)