|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
2. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
3. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
4. What two jobs did Michael relate being a chef to?
5. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
2. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
3. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
4. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
5. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
6. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
7. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
8. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
9. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
10. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Michael's relationships with the other students at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)