|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
2. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
3. How did Michael feel while taking his cooking practical?
4. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
5. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
2. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
3. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
4. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
5. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
6. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
7. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
8. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
9. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
10. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)