|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Michael feel while taking his cooking practical?
2. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
3. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
4. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
5. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
2. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
3. What did Careme say about sauces?
4. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
5. How did the students feel at the end of day 8 of class?
6. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
7. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
8. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
9. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
10. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 2
Becoming a chef had a profound affect on the student's lives. Discuss how becoming a chef transformed the students.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)