|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
2. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
3. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
4. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
5. What was the name of the chef that people at CIA called Captain Sanitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
2. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
3. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
4. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
5. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
6. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
7. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
8. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
9. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
10. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)