|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
2. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
3. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
4. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
5. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
2. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
3. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
4. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
5. What did Careme say about sauces?
6. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
7. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
8. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
9. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
10. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning of "Mise en Place," using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how students at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)