|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Chef Pardus married?
2. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
3. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
4. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
5. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Careme say about sauces?
2. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
3. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
4. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
5. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
6. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
7. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
8. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
9. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
10. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how instructors at CIA felt about Michael sitting in on classes at CIA. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Becoming a chef had a profound affect on the student's lives. Discuss how becoming a chef transformed the students.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)