Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
3. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
4. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
5. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on tasting day?
2. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
3. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
4. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
5. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
6. How did most students feel when beginning Garde Manger?
7. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
8. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
9. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
10. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
Essay Topic 1
The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)