|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
2. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
3. How did Chef Pardus act at the end of day 8?
4. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
5. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
2. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
3. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
4. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
5. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
6. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
7. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
8. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
9. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
10. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)