|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
2. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
3. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
4. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
5. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
2. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
3. What did Careme say about sauces?
4. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
5. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
6. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
7. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
8. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
9. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
10. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 2
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)