|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
2. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
3. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
4. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
5. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
2. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
3. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
4. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
5. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
6. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
7. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
8. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
9. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
10. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael's personal life was deeply affected by his experiences at CIA. Discuss the changes that occurred in his personal life as a result of the time he spent at CIA.
Essay Topic 2
As Michael spent more time at CIA he began to feel a kinship with chefs and those in the cooking world. Compare and contrast Michael's opinions about chefs and cooking before he attended CIA and after he graduated from CIA.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)