|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
2. What was the name of the chef that people at CIA called Captain Sanitation?
3. What was named as the universal thickener?
4. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
5. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
2. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
3. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
4. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
5. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
6. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
7. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
8. What did Careme say about sauces?
9. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
10. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why CIA is viewed as the top cooking school in the world. What gives it the distinction as the best school?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Michael feel it was important to gain insight into his instructor's lives?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)