|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
2. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
3. What did CIA stand for?
4. What was named as the universal thickener?
5. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
2. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
3. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
4. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
5. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
6. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
7. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
8. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
9. Why was grill station at American Bounty Restaurant so difficult in its preparation?
10. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not Michael really wanted to become a professional chef.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)