|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
2. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
3. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
4. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
5. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
2. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
3. What did Careme say about sauces?
4. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
5. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
6. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
7. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
8. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
9. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
10. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Michael's relationships with his instructors at CIA, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that CIA had on the restaurant world.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)