|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
2. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
3. What was the name of the chef that people at CIA called Captain Sanitation?
4. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
5. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
2. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
3. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
4. What did Careme say about sauces?
5. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
6. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
7. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
8. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
9. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
10. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After graduating from CIA many students felt that their lives had been transformed. Compare and contrast the students personal lives before CIA to after their graduation.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between a chef and a cook.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)