|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a galantine?
(a) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
(b) Aspic poached forcemeat.
(c) Poached forcemeat.
(d) Forcemeat served in aspic.
2. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
(c) Eun Jung.
3. Where was Susanne's externship?
(a) AJ's Bar and Grill
(b) Gramercy Tavern.
(c) Elway Steakhouse.
(d) Lookin Good.
4. Which student made the ciabatta the wrong consistency?
5. Where had CIA previously been located?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the oldest member of the class at St. Andrew's?
2. What day of the week was the Grand Buffet held on?
3. In what year did President Metz invite a 24 year old to be part of the team that opened the American Bounty Restaurant?
4. When did CIA move to New York?
5. What kitchen at CIA cranked out the food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Chef Shepard's goals in her classes?
2. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
3. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
4. What happened on tasting day?
5. What was Susanne's new job?
6. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
7. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
8. What subject did Chef De Santis love to talk about?
9. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
10. How did Adam feel about his job as a lunch cook at the Monkey Bar?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)