|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
(b) Eun Jung.
2. What were students in Hot Foods expected to always have ready?
(a) Their tools.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) Their uniform.
(d) Prep cards.
3. What field did Jerry want to go into after graduation?
(b) Recipe designer.
4. What was a galantine?
(a) Forcemeat served in aspic.
(b) Aspic poached forcemeat.
(c) Poached forcemeat.
(d) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
5. How long was Hot Foods class?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week was the Grand Buffet held on?
2. Why was someone upset about the chips?
3. At what type of restaurant did Chef Smith say the chef should remove the fat from steak?
4. What was Michael's next class at CIA after everyone returned from their externships?
5. What class was Chef Pardus going to teach over summer break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
2. What happened on tasting day?
3. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
4. Why did Chef Shepard say the proper placement of the toothpick in the club sandwich was critical?
5. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
6. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
7. What did Metz seek to accomplish at the CIA?
8. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
9. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
10. How did Michael feel being assigned to family meal prep?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)