|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and textbook.
(b) Knives and neckerchief.
(c) Hat and neckerchief.
(d) Hat and textbook.
2. What was named as the universal thickener?
(a) Corn starch.
3. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
(a) Table 4.
(b) Table 3.
(c) Table 1.
(d) Table 2.
4. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The New Professional Chef.
(b) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(c) The Rube.
(d) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
5. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(a) Different ingredients.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
2. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
3. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
4. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
5. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
2. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
3. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
4. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
5. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
6. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
7. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
8. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
9. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
10. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)