|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
2. What two jobs did Michael relate being a chef to?
(a) Military and Author.
(b) Military and Carnival.
(c) Daycare and Military.
(d) Author and Carnival.
3. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Eun-Jung Lee.
(b) Chun Hei Lee.
(c) Ae Cha Lee.
(d) Chin Ho Lee.
4. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
(c) Team leader.
(d) Vice president.
5. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Butane torch.
(b) Wooden spoon.
(c) Glass thermometer.
(d) Digital thermometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
2. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
3. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
4. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
5. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
2. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
3. What did Careme say about sauces?
4. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
5. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
6. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
7. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
8. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
9. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
10. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)