|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(b) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(c) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
(d) The Sauce Book.
2. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(b) John de La Varenne.
(c) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(d) Michel de La Varenne.
3. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(b) Uniform and set of knives.
(c) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(d) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
4. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For aroma.
(b) For color.
(c) For flavor, color and aroma.
(d) For flavor.
5. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Eighteenth century.
(b) Seventeenth century.
(c) Twentieth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
2. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
3. What did CIA stand for?
4. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
5. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
2. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
3. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
4. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
5. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
6. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
7. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
8. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
9. What did Careme say about sauces?
10. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)