|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Michelle Careme.
(b) Joan Careme.
(c) Susan Careme.
(d) Marie-Antoine Careme.
2. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Hat and neckerchief.
(b) Knives and neckerchief.
(c) Knives and textbook.
(d) Hat and textbook.
3. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
4. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because of the snow.
(b) Because his daughter was sick.
(c) Because his car was having problems.
(d) Because his wife was sick.
5. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(b) Pale Roux.
(c) Brown Roux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
2. What did Chef Pardus say needed to be added to the water used to cook pasta?
3. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
4. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
5. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
2. What did Careme say about sauces?
3. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
4. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
5. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
6. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
7. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
8. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
9. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
10. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)