|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
(a) To get him to give up.
(b) Because he wasn't.
(d) Not the right mindset.
2. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
(a) Onion Soup.
(b) Mushroom Soup.
(c) Watercress Soup.
(d) Potato Soup.
3. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
(b) Double boiler.
4. What was named as the universal thickener?
(a) Corn starch.
5. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his car was having problems.
(b) Because his daughter was sick.
(c) Because of the snow.
(d) Because his wife was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
2. How did most people feel about Hot Foods class?
3. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
4. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
5. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
2. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
3. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
4. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
5. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
6. What did Careme say about sauces?
7. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
8. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
9. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
10. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)