|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
(a) Jazz Cantina.
(b) Jay's Bar and Grill.
(c) Starr Cantina.
(d) Great Scott's Eatery.
2. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
3. What two jobs did Michael relate being a chef to?
(a) Military and Author.
(b) Military and Carnival.
(c) Daycare and Military.
(d) Author and Carnival.
4. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
(a) Culinary Skill Development 1.
(b) Nutrition Sanitation.
(c) Meat Fabrication.
(d) Introduction to Gastronomy.
5. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Partridges and chuck steak.
(b) Bayonne ham and onions.
(c) Bayonne ham and partridges.
(d) Partridges and onions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
2. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
3. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
4. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
5. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
2. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
3. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
4. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
5. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
6. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
7. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
8. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
9. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
10. What did Careme say about sauces?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)