|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
(c) White sauce.
(d) Brown sauce.
2. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in order.
(b) Put in space.
(c) Put in place.
(d) Put in style.
3. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
(b) Split Pea.
4. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
(a) To get him to give up.
(c) Not the right mindset.
(d) Because he wasn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
2. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
3. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
4. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
5. What was the name of Chef Pardus's former wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
2. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
3. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
4. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
5. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
6. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
7. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
8. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
9. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
10. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)