Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Partridges and onions.
(b) Partridges and chuck steak.
(c) Bayonne ham and onions.
(d) Bayonne ham and partridges.
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Government Offices.
(b) Catholic Nunnery.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Christian Church.
3. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The expressive world.
(b) The mental world.
(c) The emotional world.
(d) The physical world.
4. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
5. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his daughter was sick.
(b) Because of the snow.
(c) Because his car was having problems.
(d) Because his wife was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
2. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
3. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
4. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
5. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on tasting day?
2. What did group leader Gene Huey tell the students when they arrived for their first day of service in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
3. What rules of dress and appearance did Chef Coppedge enforce in his classroom?
4. Why did Michael choose not to meet President Metz for so long?
5. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
6. How did most students feel when beginning Garde Manger?
7. What things did Tim Ryan accomplish as the youngest person involved?
8. Why was Michael so upset that they had served burnt chips at lunch?
9. How did Chef Felder prepare chicken skin for a galantine?
10. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)