|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Pale Roux.
(d) Brown Roux.
2. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
3. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Partridges and chuck steak.
(b) Bayonne ham and onions.
(c) Partridges and onions.
(d) Bayonne ham and partridges.
4. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his wife was sick.
(b) Because his car was having problems.
(c) Because his daughter was sick.
(d) Because of the snow.
5. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
(a) Broke his pinky.
(b) Twisted his ankle.
(c) Blew out a sciatic nerve.
(d) Broke his wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was named as the universal thickener?
2. How did Michael feel while taking his cooking practical?
3. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
4. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
5. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Michael had no mache for his lobster salad in Chef Felder's class?
2. How could the chef a student had as their teacher affect their grade?
3. What were Chef Pardus's plans over break?
4. What was Susanne's new job?
5. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
6. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
7. How did the kitchens at CIA differ from a restaurant kitchen?
8. What did Chef Smith say that he wanted his students to do in class?
9. What was the American Bounty Restaurant?
10. How did Michael describe the dining room at St. Andrew's?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)