|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
(a) Chef Jones.
(b) Chef Pardus.
(c) Chef Hestnar.
(d) Chef Allen.
2. What was the name of Chef Pardus's former wife?
3. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his wife was sick.
(b) Because his daughter was sick.
(c) Because his car was having problems.
(d) Because of the snow.
4. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
5. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Question the instructor.
(b) Light the oven pilot light.
(c) Bring utensils from home.
(d) Wash their own uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
2. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
3. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
4. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
5. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
2. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
3. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
4. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
5. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
6. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
7. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
8. What did Careme say about sauces?
9. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
10. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)