|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
2. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(d) Meal preparation.
3. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Al dente vegetables.
(b) Undercooked meat.
(c) Overcooked vegetables.
(d) Overcooked meat.
4. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
(a) Chef Allen.
(b) Chef Hestnar.
(c) Chef Pardus.
(d) Chef Jones.
5. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) John Hestnar.
(b) Allen Hestnar.
(c) Michael Hestnar.
(d) Uwe Hestnar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
2. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
3. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
4. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
5. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
2. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
3. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
4. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
5. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
6. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
7. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
8. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
9. What did Careme say about sauces?
10. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)