|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
(b) Brown sauce.
(c) White sauce.
(d) Hollandaise sauce.
2. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and neckerchief.
(b) Hat and neckerchief.
(c) Knives and textbook.
(d) Hat and textbook.
3. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
4. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
5. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(b) A need to protect.
(d) Care for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
2. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
3. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
4. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
5. What was named as the universal thickener?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
2. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
3. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
4. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
5. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
6. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
7. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
8. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
9. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
10. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)