|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Uniform and set of knives.
(b) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(c) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
2. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His choices.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) His life.
(d) His daughter's face.
3. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) John de La Varenne.
(b) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(c) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(d) Michel de La Varenne.
4. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
(a) Group 4.
(b) Group 1.
(c) Group 3.
(d) Group 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
2. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
3. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
4. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
5. How did Chef Pardus act at the end of day 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
2. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
3. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
4. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
5. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
6. How did Michael view the efficiency he learned from being in skills class?
7. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
8. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
9. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
10. What type of impression did Michael make on Chef Pardus when he arrived in class for the first time?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)