|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Making stock.
(b) Learning to love food.
(c) Making Brown Sauce.
(d) Learning the basics of cooking.
2. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
3. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
(a) Because he wasn't.
(b) To get him to give up.
(c) Not the right mindset.
4. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
(a) Broke his pinky.
(b) Broke his wrist.
(c) Blew out a sciatic nerve.
(d) Twisted his ankle.
5. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Christian Church.
(b) Catholic Nunnery.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Government Offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
2. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
3. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
4. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
5. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
2. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
3. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
4. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
5. What was the discussion the chefs had about brown sauce at dinner one night?
6. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
7. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
8. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
9. What happened in the demo part of Chef Pardus's class?
10. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)