|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The Rube.
(b) The New Professional Chef.
(c) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
(d) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
2. How did Michael feel while taking his cooking practical?
3. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A lazy bubble.
(b) A simmer.
(c) A boil.
(d) A medium temperature.
4. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
5. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(c) Uniform and set of knives.
(d) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
2. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
3. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
4. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
5. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
2. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
3. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
4. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
5. What attributes did Chef Pardus say were critical in well cooked vegetables?
6. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
7. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
8. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
9. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
10. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)