|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did CIA want the students to be able to make in the cooking practical of Skills 1?
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Government Offices.
(b) Catholic Nunnery.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Christian Church.
3. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
(a) Acura Integra.
(b) Pontiac Grand Am.
(c) Oldsmobile Intrigue.
(d) Nissan Sentra.
4. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Butane torch.
(b) Glass thermometer.
(c) Wooden spoon.
(d) Digital thermometer.
5. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(b) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
(d) Uniform and set of knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
2. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
3. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
4. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
5. What was named as the universal thickener?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
2. What did Chef Pardus feel that he had lost as a result of his job?
3. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
4. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
5. How did Michael feel when he saw himself in the chef's uniform for the first time?
6. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
7. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
8. How did Chef Pardus's students feel when they got their grades back on their first papers?
9. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
10. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)