|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His life.
(b) His daughter's face.
(c) His choices.
(d) His wife's face.
2. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Pale Roux.
(b) Brown Roux.
3. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
4. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(b) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
(c) The Rube.
(d) The New Professional Chef.
5. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his car was having problems.
(b) Because his wife was sick.
(c) Because his daughter was sick.
(d) Because of the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
2. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
3. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
4. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
5. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Chef Smith's demeanor like?
2. What was the weather like in winter 1996?
3. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
4. How did Chef Pardus feel about Michael?
5. How did Michael's uncle inspire him to learn to cook?
6. What did Michael say happened to him in skills class?
7. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
8. What happened when Michael was driving home after class?
9. What was Julia Child's opinion on sauce?
10. Why did Chef Pardus say that a product couldn't be served if it wasn't exactly right?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)