|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Undercooked meat.
(b) Overcooked vegetables.
(c) Al dente vegetables.
(d) Overcooked meat.
2. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) On Food and Cooking.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(d) Julia Child's book.
3. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 13 years.
4. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The emotional world.
(b) The physical world.
(c) The mental world.
(d) The expressive world.
5. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
(b) Team leader.
(c) Vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
2. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
3. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
4. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
5. What did Chef Pardus say needed to be added to the water used to cook pasta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Michael's opinion on brown sauce?
2. What meal did Chef Pardus eat that inspired him to be an excellent cook?
3. What did Chef Pardus say was the mindset of a mediocre chef?
4. What tasks had to be completed in the knife cuts exam?
5. What did Chef Pardus say to the students about their grades?
6. What was Chef Hestnar's job at CIA?
7. What did Elizabeth David say about sauces?
8. Who was Eun-Jung Lee?
9. What were Chef Pardus's critiques at the end of day 8?
10. How did Michael describe the outfit that Chef Pardus wore to Skills class?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)