|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael discover was the tricky part of sandwich construction?
(a) Cutting them into quarters.
(b) Gathering the correct ingredients.
(c) Cutting the ingredients to the right size.
(d) Putting them together.
2. How did they remedy the problem with the chips?
(a) Put salt on them.
(b) Threw them out.
(c) Made new ones.
(d) Refried them.
3. When was the second term practical taken?
(a) During the first week of Garde Manger.
(b) Before the start of Garde Manger.
(c) After Garde Manger.
(d) In the middle of Garde Manger.
4. What time did Michael have to arrive for his second term practical?
(a) 9 a.,m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
5. When did CIA move to New York?
6. Which students were a couple?
(a) Lola and Steve.
(b) Travis and Eun Jung.
(c) Lola and Roger.
(d) Travis and Lola.
7. What was the backbone of Michael's next class after Lunch Cookery.?
8. What were the plates of foods made in Garde Manger class supposed to look like?
(a) Something out of Gourmet Magazine.
(b) Like a masterpiece.
(c) Like a work of art.
(d) Picture perfect.
9. What class was Chef Pardus going to teach over summer break?
(a) Garde Manger.
(b) International Cookery.
(d) Bread Baking.
10. Where did Chef Smith live when he worked as a chef in Colorado?
(a) In a teepee.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a tent.
11. Who did Chef Pardus say was a food goddess?
(a) Rosemarie Felder.
(b) Eve Felder.
(c) Marie Felder.
(d) Christina Felder.
12. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
(a) He thought he was a poor instructor.
(b) He didn't like him.
(c) He liked and respected him.
(d) He thought he was a good instructor.
13. When was St. Andrew's kitchen built?
14. Where did Jerry work before coming back to CIA?
(b) Test kitchen at Cooking Light magazine.
(c) AJ's Steakhouse.
(d) Gramercy Tavern.
15. What was a galantine?
(a) Poached forcemeat.
(b) Forcemeat served in aspic.
(c) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
(d) Aspic poached forcemeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened if a person cooked their food incorrectly in the second term practical?
2. How was President Metz typically dressed?
3. How long had Josh been gone from CIA to save money for the second half of the program?
4. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
5. Where did the students go to work after St. Andrew's?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)