|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Hot Foods class?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. Why was Adam happy to have Michael shadow him at his new job?
(a) He would have a personal assistant.
(b) He would have someone to talk to.
(c) He wouldn't be alone.
(d) Michael could help with the Mise en place.
3. What did Chef Smith say could be made with perfect stock?
(a) Perfect roux.
(b) Perfect sauce.
(c) Perfect gravy.
4. What happened if a person cooked their food incorrectly in the second term practical?
(a) They had to retake Skills before they could take the test again.
(b) They were dismissed from CIA.
(c) They had to take a remedial course.
(d) They failed and had to pay to retake the test.
5. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
(a) He thought he was a good instructor.
(b) He liked and respected him.
(c) He thought he was a poor instructor.
(d) He didn't like him.
6. Where was Susanne's externship?
(a) Gramercy Tavern.
(b) Elway Steakhouse.
(c) Lookin Good.
(d) AJ's Bar and Grill
7. What field did Jerry want to go into after graduation?
(a) Recipe designer.
8. How many people did Chef De Santis always want the students to be prepared for?
9. What did Chef Felder relate the string that she used to tie the galantine to?
(c) Hair ties.
10. What had to be prepared in the second term practical?
(a) A full course meal for two.
(b) A buffet line.
(c) A 4 course dinner.
(d) A fancy meat dish.
11. Who was the oldest member of the class at St. Andrew's?
(a) Allen Marshall.
(b) Andre Marshall.
(c) Steve Marshall.
(d) John Marshall.
12. What did Michael say that CIA students typically criticized it for?
(a) Being to hard.
(b) Critiquing their students to much.
(c) Not being real life.
(d) Using recipes that people would never normally use.
13. What did Michael discover was the tricky part of sandwich construction?
(a) Putting them together.
(b) Cutting them into quarters.
(c) Cutting the ingredients to the right size.
(d) Gathering the correct ingredients.
14. What time was the class supposed to be in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
15. Which students were a couple?
(a) Travis and Eun Jung.
(b) Lola and Roger.
(c) Travis and Lola.
(d) Lola and Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shift did Adam work at his new job?
2. How did chefs who didn't graduate from CIA usually feel about the school?
3. What was the most important advice that Chef Pardus gave Michael about cooking?
4. How old was the oldest member of the class at St. Andrew's?
5. Where did Chef Smith live when he worked as a chef in Colorado?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)