|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What utensil did Adam say was always disappearing at work?
(a) Pancake turner.
(c) Saute pan.
2. What was a galantine?
(a) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
(b) Aspic poached forcemeat.
(c) Poached forcemeat.
(d) Forcemeat served in aspic.
3. Where was President Metz born?
(a) Heidelburg, Germany.
(b) Munich, Germany.
(c) Hamburg, Germany.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
4. How many students were in Hot Foods class at a time?
5. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
(a) Upsetting them.
(b) Penalizing them.
(c) Ruining their experience.
(d) Wasting their time.
6. Who was the Chef at Adam's new job?
(a) Allen Schenk.
(b) John Schenk.
(c) Steve Schenk.
(d) Ron Schenk.
7. Why was the student who made the ciabatta the wrong consistency distracted?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He wanted to go home.
8. How did they remedy the problem with the chips?
(a) Made new ones.
(b) Refried them.
(c) Put salt on them.
(d) Threw them out.
9. What did Michael discover was the tricky part of sandwich construction?
(a) Cutting the ingredients to the right size.
(b) Putting them together.
(c) Cutting them into quarters.
(d) Gathering the correct ingredients.
10. Where had CIA previously been located?
(a) New Hampshire.
(c) South Carolina.
11. What time did Michael have to arrive for his second term practical?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 9 a.,m.
(d) 6 a.m.
12. Where did Adam go to do his externship after Garde Manger?
(a) Lookin Good.
(b) Monkey Bar.
(c) Hart's Corner.
(d) The White Horse.
13. What was scheduled for day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
(b) Judging by other students.
(c) Judging by instructors.
14. What did the students have to do for themselves on day 2 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
(a) Wash their own dishes.
(b) Set up their own stations.
(c) Bring their own utensils.
(d) Prep their own food.
15. What was the most important advice that Chef Pardus gave Michael about cooking?
(a) Never take the easy way out.
(b) Do the best he could.
(c) Put all his effort in to it.
(d) Work hard at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael say that CIA students typically criticized it for?
2. What was wrong with the chips that James fried?
3. Who was the instructor for the second term practical?
4. Where did Chef Smith live when he worked as a chef in Colorado?
5. How long did the students have to prepare food for the second term practical?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)