|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did Chef De Santis always want the students to be prepared for?
2. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
(a) Penalizing them.
(b) Ruining their experience.
(c) Wasting their time.
(d) Upsetting them.
3. What class did the person Chef Pardus say was a food goddess teach?
(a) Skills 1.
(b) Garde Manger.
(c) Bread Baking.
(d) Skills 2.
4. Who was the meal that Michael helped prepare his first day in the kitchen at St. Andrew's served to?
(b) Wait staff.
5. How long did the students have to prepare food for the second term practical?
(a) 4 hours and 15 minutes.
(b) 3 hours and 15 minutes.
(c) 1 hour and 15 minutes.
(d) 2 hours and 15 minutes.
6. What impressed Michael's wife about one of the waiters at St. Andrew's?
(a) He was very helpful.
(b) He was very well versed in the menu.
(c) He brought bread for their baby right away.
(d) He brought their food quickly.
7. Why was Adam happy to have Michael shadow him at his new job?
(a) Michael could help with the Mise en place.
(b) He wouldn't be alone.
(c) He would have someone to talk to.
(d) He would have a personal assistant.
8. What did Chef De Santis say to be cautious of at the next restaurant the students went to work at?
(a) What they had learned before.
(c) What they were being taught.
(d) Notes left by the previous students.
9. How many items did each station have to cook and plate for day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
10. What were the plates of foods made in Garde Manger class supposed to look like?
(a) Like a masterpiece.
(b) Something out of Gourmet Magazine.
(c) Like a work of art.
(d) Picture perfect.
11. What time did the food have to be on the service line on day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
(a) 9 am.
(b) 10 am.
(c) 11 am.
12. What day of the week was the Grand Buffet held on?
13. What type of cream did Chef Smith like to use?
(a) Heavy cream.
(b) Light cream.
(c) Double cream.
(d) Whipping cream.
14. What sandwich did Chef Shepard hate making?
15. How long did Michael wait after visiting the classes at CIA before requesting an interview with the president?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the full title of the Hot Foods class?
2. When was St. Andrew's kitchen built?
3. What was a galantine?
4. At what type of restaurant did Chef Smith say the chef should remove the fat from steak?
5. What was the annual operating budget of CIA?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)