|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class had most students just finished when they arrived at St. Andrew's Café?
(a) Introduction to Table Service.
(b) Garde Manger.
(c) Introduction to Hot Foods.
2. How old was Michael's daughter when he dined at St. Andrew's?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 11 months.
3. What time did the food have to be on the service line on day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
(a) 11 am.
(b) 9 am.
(c) 10 am.
4. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
(a) He thought he was a good instructor.
(b) He thought he was a poor instructor.
(c) He liked and respected him.
(d) He didn't like him.
5. What had to be prepared in the second term practical?
(a) A fancy meat dish.
(b) A full course meal for two.
(c) A buffet line.
(d) A 4 course dinner.
6. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
(b) Eun Jung.
7. What was the name of the person that President Metz invited to be part of the team that opened the American Bounty Restaurant?
(a) John Ryan.
(b) Tim Ryan.
(c) Allen Ryan.
(d) Steve Ryan.
8. What was a galantine?
(a) Forcemeat served in aspic.
(b) Poached forcemeat.
(c) Aspic poached forcemeat.
(d) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
9. Why was the student who made the ciabatta the wrong consistency distracted?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) He was hungry.
(c) He was tired.
(d) He wanted to go home.
10. Where did Jerry work before coming back to CIA?
(a) Test kitchen at Cooking Light magazine.
(c) AJ's Steakhouse.
(d) Gramercy Tavern.
11. What was the most important advice that Chef Pardus gave Michael about cooking?
(a) Put all his effort in to it.
(b) Do the best he could.
(c) Never take the easy way out.
(d) Work hard at it.
12. Who said that cooking was magic?
(a) Chef Felder.
(b) Chef Pardus.
(c) Chef Balough.
(d) Chef Ryan.
13. How long had Josh been gone from CIA to save money for the second half of the program?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 18 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
14. What utensil did Adam say was always disappearing at work?
(a) Saute pan.
(d) Pancake turner.
15. What were the plates of foods made in Garde Manger class supposed to look like?
(a) Something out of Gourmet Magazine.
(b) Picture perfect.
(c) Like a masterpiece.
(d) Like a work of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the students go to work after St. Andrew's?
2. Who was upset about the chips?
3. Who was the Chef at Adam's new job?
4. What did Chef De Santis say to be cautious of at the next restaurant the students went to work at?
5. What necessary ingredient for lobster salad didn't show up when ordered?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)