|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Michael's next class at CIA after everyone returned from their externships?
(a) Bread Baking.
(b) Garde Manger.
(c) A La Carte Service.
(d) Full Service.
2. How many people did Chef De Santis always want the students to be prepared for?
3. What day of the week was the Grand Buffet held on?
4. What was Michael supposed to help prepare his first day in the kitchen at St. Andrew's?
(b) Buffet line.
(d) Family meal.
5. What field did Jerry want to go into after graduation?
(c) Recipe designer.
6. What utensil did Adam say was always disappearing at work?
(a) Pancake turner.
(d) Saute pan.
7. At what type of restaurant did Chef Smith say the chef should remove the fat from steak?
(b) 5 star.
(c) 2 star.
(d) Family style.
8. Where was the kitchen that cranked out food at CIA located?
(a) Timin Hall.
(b) Jones Hall.
(c) Pardus Hall.
(d) Roth Hall.
9. What was Chef Pardus's opinion on Michael's next instructor?
(a) He liked and respected him.
(b) He thought he was a good instructor.
(c) He thought he was a poor instructor.
(d) He didn't like him.
10. What necessary ingredient for lobster salad didn't show up when ordered?
11. When was St. Andrew's kitchen built?
12. Which student made the ciabatta the wrong consistency?
13. What was the full title of the Hot Foods class?
(a) Hot Foods Techniques.
(b) Hot Foods Skills.
(c) Hot Foods Introduction.
(d) Introduction to Hot Foods.
14. What class was Chef Pardus going to teach over summer break?
(a) International Cookery.
(b) Garde Manger.
(d) Bread Baking.
15. Who was the instructor of Michael's next class?
(a) Chef Felder.
(b) Chef Jones.
(c) Chef Pardus.
(d) Chef Coppedge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had to be prepared in the second term practical?
2. Whose paring knife was not sharpened properly when Chef Smith tried to cut beets?
3. What was the most important advice that Chef Pardus gave Michael about cooking?
4. How many items did each station have to cook and plate for day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
5. What did Michael discover was the tricky part of sandwich construction?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)