|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was scheduled for day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
(a) Judging by other students.
(d) Judging by instructors.
2. What was a galantine?
(a) Forcemeat served in aspic.
(b) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
(c) Aspic poached forcemeat.
(d) Poached forcemeat.
3. What did Chef Smith say they were doing to the customers if they served food late?
(a) Ruining their experience.
(b) Wasting their time.
(c) Penalizing them.
(d) Upsetting them.
4. Where was the kitchen that cranked out food at CIA located?
(a) Roth Hall.
(b) Pardus Hall.
(c) Timin Hall.
(d) Jones Hall.
5. What class had most students just finished when they arrived at St. Andrew's Café?
(a) Garde Manger.
(b) Introduction to Table Service.
(c) Introduction to Hot Foods.
6. How did chefs who didn't graduate from CIA usually feel about the school?
(a) They looked up to it.
(b) They wished they had gone there.
(c) They were jealous of it.
(d) They put it down.
7. What was the full title of the Hot Foods class?
(a) Hot Foods Introduction.
(b) Introduction to Hot Foods.
(c) Hot Foods Techniques.
(d) Hot Foods Skills.
8. Where was Susanne's externship?
(a) Lookin Good.
(b) Gramercy Tavern.
(c) AJ's Bar and Grill
(d) Elway Steakhouse.
9. Which students were a couple?
(a) Lola and Steve.
(b) Travis and Eun Jung.
(c) Lola and Roger.
(d) Travis and Lola.
10. What day of Garde Manger class were plated appetizers due?
(a) Day 10.
(b) Day 9.
(c) Day 8.
(d) Day 11.
11. Who was the instructor of Michael's next class?
(a) Chef Jones.
(b) Chef Coppedge.
(c) Chef Felder.
(d) Chef Pardus.
12. Where was the person that Chef Pardus called a food goddess from?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
13. What were students in Hot Foods expected to always have ready?
(a) A sharp knife.
(b) Their tools.
(c) Prep cards.
(d) Their uniform.
14. Where was President Metz born?
(a) Heidelburg, Germany.
(b) Hamburg, Germany.
(c) Munich, Germany.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
15. How many students were in Hot Foods class at a time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students have to do for themselves on day 2 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
2. What were the plates of foods made in Garde Manger class supposed to look like?
3. What time did the food have to be on the service line on day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
4. How many items did each station have to cook and plate for day 5 in St. Andrew's kitchen?
5. What class did the person Chef Pardus say was a food goddess teach?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)