|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He scorched it.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He undercooked it.
(d) He overseasoned it.
2. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
3. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Uwe Hestnar.
(b) Michael Hestnar.
(c) John Hestnar.
(d) Allen Hestnar.
4. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
6. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For flavor.
(b) For aroma.
(c) For color.
(d) For flavor, color and aroma.
7. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
(c) Brown sauce.
(d) White sauce.
8. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
(a) 2 weeks of doubles.
(b) 4 weeks of doubles.
(c) 3 weeks of doubles.
(d) 6 weeks of doubles.
9. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in place.
(b) Put in space.
(c) Put in order.
(d) Put in style.
10. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) On Food and Cooking.
(d) Julia Child's book.
11. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
(a) Table 2.
(b) Table 3.
(c) Table 1.
(d) Table 4.
12. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
(d) Split Pea.
13. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(c) Different ingredients.
14. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(a) Meal preparation.
15. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Overcooked vegetables.
(b) Undercooked meat.
(c) Overcooked meat.
(d) Al dente vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
2. What was named as the universal thickener?
3. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
4. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
5. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)