|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(c) Different ingredients.
2. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
3. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
4. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) On Food and Cooking.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) Julia Child's book.
(d) Food Science in the Kitchen.
5. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
(a) Chef Jones.
(b) Chef Allen.
(c) Chef Hestnar.
(d) Chef Pardus.
6. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
7. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning to love food.
(b) Making stock.
(c) Learning the basics of cooking.
(d) Making Brown Sauce.
8. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Pale Roux.
(b) Brown Roux.
9. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Cooking Institute of America.
(b) Chef's Institute of America.
(c) Culinary Institute of America.
(d) American Culinary Institute.
10. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
11. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
12. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Catholic Nunnery.
(b) Government Offices.
(c) Christian Church.
(d) Jesuit Monastery.
13. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Michel de La Varenne.
(b) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(c) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(d) John de La Varenne.
14. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(a) Meal preparation.
15. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Undercooked meat.
(b) Overcooked meat.
(c) Overcooked vegetables.
(d) Al dente vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
2. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
3. What two jobs did Michael relate being a chef to?
4. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
5. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)