|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
2. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
(a) Broke his pinky.
(b) Blew out a sciatic nerve.
(c) Broke his wrist.
(d) Twisted his ankle.
3. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
(a) To develop a menu.
(b) To prepare meals.
(c) To cook for others.
(d) To cook for their instructor.
4. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
5. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He burnt it.
(b) He overseasoned it.
(c) He undercooked it.
(d) He scorched it.
6. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(b) Uniform and set of knives.
(c) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
7. What was named as the universal thickener?
(c) Corn starch.
8. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
(b) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
(c) Their sauce was ruined.
(d) The sauce was to thick.
9. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
(b) Brown sauce.
(c) White sauce.
10. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
11. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Hat and neckerchief.
(b) Knives and textbook.
(c) Hat and textbook.
(d) Knives and neckerchief.
12. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Michael Hestnar.
(b) Allen Hestnar.
(c) Uwe Hestnar.
(d) John Hestnar.
13. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in place.
(b) Put in order.
(c) Put in space.
(d) Put in style.
14. How did most people feel about Hot Foods class?
15. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For aroma.
(b) For flavor, color and aroma.
(c) For flavor.
(d) For color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
2. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
3. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
4. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
5. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)