|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
(a) Happy lecture.
(b) Congratulatory lecture.
(c) Stern lecture.
(d) Dad lecture.
2. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His life.
(b) His daughter's face.
(c) His wife's face.
(d) His choices.
3. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
(d) Split Pea.
4. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) Steve Shepard.
(b) Adam Shepard.
(c) Mike Shepard.
(d) John Shepard.
5. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The emotional world.
(b) The mental world.
(c) The physical world.
(d) The expressive world.
6. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
7. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
8. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Michael Hestnar.
(b) Uwe Hestnar.
(c) Allen Hestnar.
(d) John Hestnar.
9. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
(a) Uncle Steve.
(b) Uncle Bill.
(c) Uncle Ben.
(d) Uncle John.
10. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Brown Roux.
(b) Pale Roux.
11. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in place.
(b) Put in order.
(c) Put in space.
(d) Put in style.
12. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
(a) His wife.
(b) Chef Pardus.
(c) He did.
(d) The other students.
13. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and textbook.
(b) Hat and textbook.
(c) Hat and neckerchief.
(d) Knives and neckerchief.
14. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(a) Care for others.
(b) A need to protect.
15. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(b) Michelle Careme.
(c) Joan Careme.
(d) Susan Careme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
2. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
3. What two jobs did Michael relate being a chef to?
4. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
5. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)