|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Butane torch.
(b) Digital thermometer.
(c) Wooden spoon.
(d) Glass thermometer.
2. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his wife was sick.
(b) Because of the snow.
(c) Because his car was having problems.
(d) Because his daughter was sick.
3. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
(a) Group 3.
(b) Group 4.
(c) Group 1.
(d) Group 2.
4. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His life.
(b) His choices.
(c) His daughter's face.
(d) His wife's face.
5. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
(a) Jay's Bar and Grill.
(b) Jazz Cantina.
(c) Starr Cantina.
(d) Great Scott's Eatery.
6. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
(b) The Sauce Book.
(c) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(d) The Saucier's Apprentice.
7. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Ae Cha Lee.
(b) Eun-Jung Lee.
(c) Chin Ho Lee.
(d) Chun Hei Lee.
8. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(a) Meal preparation.
9. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
10. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
(a) Brown sauce.
(c) White sauce.
11. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
(a) Pontiac Grand Am.
(b) Acura Integra.
(c) Nissan Sentra.
(d) Oldsmobile Intrigue.
12. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Allen Hestnar.
(b) Michael Hestnar.
(c) Uwe Hestnar.
(d) John Hestnar.
13. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
(a) Chef Anderson.
(b) Chef Smith.
(c) Chef Jones.
(d) Chef Stevenson.
14. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Question the instructor.
(b) Wash their own uniforms.
(c) Light the oven pilot light.
(d) Bring utensils from home.
15. What was the name of Chef Pardus's former wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
2. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
3. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
4. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
5. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)