|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most people feel about Hot Foods class?
2. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
3. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
(a) Chef Jones.
(b) Chef Allen.
(c) Chef Pardus.
(d) Chef Hestnar.
4. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Overcooked vegetables.
(b) Al dente vegetables.
(c) Undercooked meat.
(d) Overcooked meat.
5. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Seventeenth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Nineteenth century.
(d) Eighteenth century.
6. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
7. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The physical world.
(b) The emotional world.
(c) The mental world.
(d) The expressive world.
8. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Wash their own uniforms.
(b) Light the oven pilot light.
(c) Question the instructor.
(d) Bring utensils from home.
9. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning the basics of cooking.
(b) Learning to love food.
(c) Making stock.
(d) Making Brown Sauce.
10. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(b) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(c) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
(d) The Sauce Book.
11. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
(a) Group 1.
(b) Group 2.
(c) Group 4.
(d) Group 3.
12. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) Adam Shepard.
(b) Steve Shepard.
(c) Mike Shepard.
(d) John Shepard.
13. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
14. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He undercooked it.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He scorched it.
(d) He overseasoned it.
15. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) His choices.
(c) His daughter's face.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
2. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
3. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
4. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
5. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)