|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Pale Roux.
(d) Brown Roux.
2. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He undercooked it.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He scorched it.
(d) He overseasoned it.
3. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
4. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
5. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in place.
(b) Put in space.
(c) Put in style.
(d) Put in order.
6. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His daughter's face.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) His life.
(d) His choices.
7. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) Their sauce was ruined.
(b) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
(c) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
(d) The sauce was to thick.
8. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
(a) Nissan Sentra.
(b) Pontiac Grand Am.
(c) Acura Integra.
(d) Oldsmobile Intrigue.
9. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(b) Care for others.
(c) A need to protect.
10. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning to love food.
(b) Making stock.
(c) Learning the basics of cooking.
(d) Making Brown Sauce.
11. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) John Shepard.
(b) Mike Shepard.
(c) Steve Shepard.
(d) Adam Shepard.
12. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
13. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
(c) Split Pea.
14. What did CIA want the students to be able to make in the cooking practical of Skills 1?
15. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
2. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
3. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
4. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
5. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)