Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Partridges and onions.
(b) Partridges and chuck steak.
(c) Bayonne ham and onions.
(d) Bayonne ham and partridges.
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Government Offices.
(b) Catholic Nunnery.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Christian Church.
3. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The expressive world.
(b) The mental world.
(c) The emotional world.
(d) The physical world.
4. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
5. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his daughter was sick.
(b) Because of the snow.
(c) Because his car was having problems.
(d) Because his wife was sick.
6. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(b) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(c) Michel de La Varenne.
(d) John de La Varenne.
7. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) His daughter's face.
(c) His life.
(d) His choices.
8. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Nineteenth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Eighteenth century.
(d) Seventeenth century.
9. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(b) A need to protect.
(c) Care for others.
10. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
(d) Split Pea.
11. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
12. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
13. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Overcooked meat.
(b) Al dente vegetables.
(c) Undercooked meat.
(d) Overcooked vegetables.
14. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Susan Careme.
(b) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(c) Joan Careme.
(d) Michelle Careme.
15. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
(d) To be a better cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
2. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
3. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
4. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
5. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)