|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
2. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
(a) Chef Smith.
(b) Chef Stevenson.
(c) Chef Jones.
(d) Chef Anderson.
3. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning the basics of cooking.
(b) Making Brown Sauce.
(c) Making stock.
(d) Learning to love food.
4. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The emotional world.
(b) The expressive world.
(c) The physical world.
(d) The mental world.
5. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(b) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
(c) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(d) Uniform and set of knives.
6. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
8. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
(d) Double boiler.
9. What did CIA stand for?
(a) American Culinary Institute.
(b) Culinary Institute of America.
(c) Chef's Institute of America.
(d) Cooking Institute of America.
10. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The Rube.
(b) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(c) The New Professional Chef.
(d) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
11. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
12. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
(a) Because his daughter was sick.
(b) Because of the snow.
(c) Because his car was having problems.
(d) Because his wife was sick.
13. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
14. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(b) Susan Careme.
(c) Joan Careme.
(d) Michelle Careme.
15. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He scorched it.
(b) He undercooked it.
(c) He overseasoned it.
(d) He burnt it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
3. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
4. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
5. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)