|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) Adam Shepard.
(b) John Shepard.
(c) Steve Shepard.
(d) Mike Shepard.
2. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Overcooked vegetables.
(b) Undercooked meat.
(c) Overcooked meat.
(d) Al dente vegetables.
3. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
4. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
(a) 6 weeks of doubles.
(b) 2 weeks of doubles.
(c) 3 weeks of doubles.
(d) 4 weeks of doubles.
6. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
(a) A restaurant management academy.
(b) The CIA in San Fransisco.
(c) A second cooking school.
(d) Food and Beverage Institute.
7. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
8. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(a) Meal preparation.
9. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
(a) Chef Hestnar.
(b) Chef Jones.
(c) Chef Allen.
(d) Chef Pardus.
10. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A lazy bubble.
(b) A simmer.
(c) A medium temperature.
(d) A boil.
11. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(b) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(c) John de La Varenne.
(d) Michel de La Varenne.
12. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
13. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The expressive world.
(b) The emotional world.
(c) The mental world.
(d) The physical world.
14. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
(a) Culinary Skill Development 1.
(b) Nutrition Sanitation.
(c) Introduction to Gastronomy.
(d) Meat Fabrication.
15. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
(a) Table 1.
(b) Table 3.
(c) Table 2.
(d) Table 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
2. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
3. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
4. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
5. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)