|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Allen Hestnar.
(b) Uwe Hestnar.
(c) John Hestnar.
(d) Michael Hestnar.
2. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Eun-Jung Lee.
(b) Ae Cha Lee.
(c) Chin Ho Lee.
(d) Chun Hei Lee.
3. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
(b) Team leader.
(d) Vice president.
4. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
5. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Christian Church.
(b) Government Offices.
(c) Catholic Nunnery.
(d) Jesuit Monastery.
6. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
(a) To write about CIA.
(b) To learn what chefs went through.
(c) To learn to cook.
(d) To make excellent potatoes.
7. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
(a) The other students.
(b) He did.
(c) His wife.
(d) Chef Pardus.
8. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
9. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
(a) Group 3.
(b) Group 1.
(c) Group 4.
(d) Group 2.
10. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
(a) 6 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
11. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Michelle Careme.
(b) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(c) Susan Careme.
(d) Joan Careme.
12. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Making stock.
(b) Learning the basics of cooking.
(c) Making Brown Sauce.
(d) Learning to love food.
13. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
(a) Chef Jones.
(b) Chef Stevenson.
(c) Chef Anderson.
(d) Chef Smith.
14. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For flavor, color and aroma.
(b) For aroma.
(c) For color.
(d) For flavor.
15. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Chef's Institute of America.
(b) Culinary Institute of America.
(c) American Culinary Institute.
(d) Cooking Institute of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
2. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
3. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
4. What did Chef Pardus say needed to be added to the water used to cook pasta?
5. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)