|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
(a) He did.
(b) Chef Pardus.
(c) His wife.
(d) The other students.
2. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Undercooked meat.
(b) Overcooked meat.
(c) Al dente vegetables.
(d) Overcooked vegetables.
3. What did CIA want the students to be able to make in the cooking practical of Skills 1?
4. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
5. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(b) Michelle Careme.
(c) Joan Careme.
(d) Susan Careme.
6. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Chun Hei Lee.
(b) Ae Cha Lee.
(c) Chin Ho Lee.
(d) Eun-Jung Lee.
7. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in order.
(b) Put in space.
(c) Put in style.
(d) Put in place.
8. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 12 years.
9. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
(a) White sauce.
(b) Hollandaise sauce.
(c) Brown sauce.
10. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
11. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His choices.
(b) His life.
(c) His wife's face.
(d) His daughter's face.
12. What did Chef Pardus say needed to be added to the water used to cook pasta?
13. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
14. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
15. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and neckerchief.
(b) Hat and neckerchief.
(c) Hat and textbook.
(d) Knives and textbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
2. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
3. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
4. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
5. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)