|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and textbook.
(b) Hat and textbook.
(c) Hat and neckerchief.
(d) Knives and neckerchief.
2. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His choices.
(b) His life.
(c) His daughter's face.
(d) His wife's face.
3. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A boil.
(b) A lazy bubble.
(c) A medium temperature.
(d) A simmer.
4. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
5. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
6. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
(a) Broke his pinky.
(b) Twisted his ankle.
(c) Blew out a sciatic nerve.
(d) Broke his wrist.
7. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
8. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
(a) Meat Fabrication.
(b) Nutrition Sanitation.
(c) Culinary Skill Development 1.
(d) Introduction to Gastronomy.
9. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) The sauce was to thick.
(b) Their sauce was ruined.
(c) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
(d) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
10. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Chef's Institute of America.
(b) Cooking Institute of America.
(c) American Culinary Institute.
(d) Culinary Institute of America.
11. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(a) A need to protect.
(b) Care for others.
12. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
(a) Chef Stevenson.
(b) Chef Smith.
(c) Chef Jones.
(d) Chef Anderson.
13. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(b) Different ingredients.
14. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Christian Church.
(b) Government Offices.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Catholic Nunnery.
15. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(b) Meal preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
2. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
3. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
4. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
5. What did CIA want the students to be able to make in the cooking practical of Skills 1?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)