|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was named as the universal thickener?
(d) Corn starch.
2. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
3. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
4. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(a) Meal preparation.
5. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 11 years.
6. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
(a) Great Scott's Eatery.
(b) Jazz Cantina.
(c) Jay's Bar and Grill.
(d) Starr Cantina.
7. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
8. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He scorched it.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He undercooked it.
(d) He overseasoned it.
9. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) Julia Child's book.
(d) On Food and Cooking.
10. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
11. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Making stock.
(b) Learning the basics of cooking.
(c) Making Brown Sauce.
(d) Learning to love food.
12. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
(a) To prepare meals.
(b) To cook for their instructor.
(c) To cook for others.
(d) To develop a menu.
13. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
15. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
(a) Group 4.
(b) Group 1.
(c) Group 3.
(d) Group 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
2. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
3. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
4. What did CIA stand for?
5. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)