|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
(b) To be a better cook.
2. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Seventeenth century.
(b) Eighteenth century.
(c) Twentieth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
3. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) On Food and Cooking.
(b) Julia Child's book.
(c) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(d) Food Science in the Kitchen.
4. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
(a) Table 3.
(b) Table 2.
(c) Table 1.
(d) Table 4.
5. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(b) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
(c) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(d) The Sauce Book.
6. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Michael Hestnar.
(b) Uwe Hestnar.
(c) John Hestnar.
(d) Allen Hestnar.
7. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 13 years.
8. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
(a) Team leader.
(d) Vice president.
9. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
10. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
11. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
12. What was the name of the chef that people at CIA called Captain Sanitation?
(a) Chef Tyrank.
(b) Chef Zearfoss.
(c) Chef Pardus.
(d) Chef Di Spirito.
13. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Chin Ho Lee.
(b) Eun-Jung Lee.
(c) Chun Hei Lee.
(d) Ae Cha Lee.
14. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
15. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Christian Church.
(b) Government Offices.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Catholic Nunnery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
2. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
3. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
4. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
5. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)