|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
2. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
(a) Jay's Bar and Grill.
(b) Jazz Cantina.
(c) Starr Cantina.
(d) Great Scott's Eatery.
3. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
4. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
5. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) Mike Shepard.
(b) Adam Shepard.
(c) Steve Shepard.
(d) John Shepard.
6. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The emotional world.
(b) The mental world.
(c) The physical world.
(d) The expressive world.
7. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
(d) Meal preparation.
8. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Al dente vegetables.
(b) Overcooked vegetables.
(c) Undercooked meat.
(d) Overcooked meat.
9. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
10. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
(a) The other students.
(b) Chef Pardus.
(c) His wife.
(d) He did.
11. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Government Offices.
(b) Jesuit Monastery.
(c) Christian Church.
(d) Catholic Nunnery.
12. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
(a) Vice president.
(d) Team leader.
13. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He burnt it.
(b) He overseasoned it.
(c) He undercooked it.
(d) He scorched it.
14. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
15. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(d) Different ingredients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
2. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
3. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
4. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
5. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)