|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(b) Different ingredients.
2. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
(a) His daughter's face.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) His choices.
(d) His life.
3. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
4. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
(b) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(c) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(d) The Sauce Book.
5. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
(a) Brown sauce.
(b) White sauce.
(d) Hollandaise sauce.
6. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
(a) To learn to cook.
(b) To learn what chefs went through.
(c) To write about CIA.
(d) To make excellent potatoes.
7. How did most people feel about Hot Foods class?
8. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(b) Michel de La Varenne.
(c) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(d) John de La Varenne.
9. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
(a) Group 3.
(b) Group 4.
(c) Group 1.
(d) Group 2.
10. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Making stock.
(b) Learning to love food.
(c) Making Brown Sauce.
(d) Learning the basics of cooking.
11. What injury did Chef Pardus suffer while working in the French Quarter?
(a) Broke his wrist.
(b) Blew out a sciatic nerve.
(c) Twisted his ankle.
(d) Broke his pinky.
12. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A lazy bubble.
(b) A boil.
(c) A simmer.
(d) A medium temperature.
13. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
14. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) Adam Shepard.
(b) Steve Shepard.
(c) Mike Shepard.
(d) John Shepard.
15. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The New Professional Chef.
(b) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
(c) The Rube.
(d) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
2. What did CIA stand for?
3. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
4. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
5. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)