|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did CIA want the students to be able to make in the cooking practical of Skills 1?
2. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Culinary Institute of America.
(b) Chef's Institute of America.
(c) Cooking Institute of America.
(d) American Culinary Institute.
3. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
(a) Oldsmobile Intrigue.
(b) Nissan Sentra.
(c) Pontiac Grand Am.
(d) Acura Integra.
5. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(b) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
(c) The Rube.
(d) The New Professional Chef.
6. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
7. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Christian Church.
(b) Catholic Nunnery.
(c) Jesuit Monastery.
(d) Government Offices.
8. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Eighteenth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Seventeenth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
9. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(a) Different ingredients.
10. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(b) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
(c) Uniform and set of knives.
11. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
12. How long was Chef Pardus married?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 13 years.
13. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
14. How did most people feel about Hot Foods class?
15. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
(a) Not the right mindset.
(c) Because he wasn't.
(d) To get him to give up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
2. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
3. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
4. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
5. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)