|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
2. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The New Professional Chef.
(b) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(c) The Rube.
(d) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
3. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
(a) Great Scott's Eatery.
(b) Jay's Bar and Grill.
(c) Starr Cantina.
(d) Jazz Cantina.
4. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Catholic Nunnery.
(b) Christian Church.
(c) Government Offices.
(d) Jesuit Monastery.
5. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and textbook.
(b) Hat and textbook.
(c) Hat and neckerchief.
(d) Knives and neckerchief.
6. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
7. What did Chef Pardus say didn't fly at CIA?
(a) Overcooked vegetables.
(b) Undercooked meat.
(c) Overcooked meat.
(d) Al dente vegetables.
8. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Glass thermometer.
(b) Wooden spoon.
(c) Digital thermometer.
(d) Butane torch.
9. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning to love food.
(b) Learning the basics of cooking.
(c) Making Brown Sauce.
(d) Making stock.
10. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
11. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A simmer.
(b) A medium temperature.
(c) A lazy bubble.
(d) A boil.
12. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) John de La Varenne.
(b) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(c) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(d) Michel de La Varenne.
13. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Nineteenth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Seventeenth century.
(d) Eighteenth century.
14. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Bayonne ham and onions.
(b) Partridges and chuck steak.
(c) Bayonne ham and partridges.
(d) Partridges and onions.
15. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For flavor.
(b) For color.
(c) For aroma.
(d) For flavor, color and aroma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
2. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
3. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
4. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
5. What did Chef Pardus say needed to be added to the water used to cook pasta?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)