|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
2. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Culinary Institute of America.
(b) Chef's Institute of America.
(c) American Culinary Institute.
(d) Cooking Institute of America.
3. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(b) The Sauce Book.
(c) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(d) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
4. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
5. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Eun-Jung Lee.
(b) Chin Ho Lee.
(c) Chun Hei Lee.
(d) Ae Cha Lee.
6. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Bayonne ham and onions.
(b) Partridges and onions.
(c) Bayonne ham and partridges.
(d) Partridges and chuck steak.
7. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
8. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
9. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Jesuit Monastery.
(b) Catholic Nunnery.
(c) Government Offices.
(d) Christian Church.
10. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
(a) His wife.
(b) Chef Pardus.
(c) The other students.
(d) He did.
11. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
(a) Chef Pardus.
(b) Chef Allen.
(c) Chef Hestnar.
(d) Chef Jones.
12. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning to love food.
(b) Making Brown Sauce.
(c) Making stock.
(d) Learning the basics of cooking.
13. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
14. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Seventeenth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Eighteenth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
15. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) Michael Hestnar.
(b) Allen Hestnar.
(c) Uwe Hestnar.
(d) John Hestnar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
2. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
3. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
4. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
5. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)