|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
(a) To cook for others.
(b) To cook for their instructor.
(c) To prepare meals.
(d) To develop a menu.
2. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The emotional world.
(b) The expressive world.
(c) The physical world.
(d) The mental world.
3. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
(b) Brown sauce.
(d) White sauce.
4. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Twentieth century.
(b) Seventeenth century.
(c) Nineteenth century.
(d) Eighteenth century.
5. Who would sometimes come to watch the Skills classes?
(a) John Hestnar.
(b) Uwe Hestnar.
(c) Allen Hestnar.
(d) Michael Hestnar.
6. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
7. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) The Sauce Book.
(b) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(c) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(d) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
8. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
9. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
10. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
11. What table was Michael assigned to for Skills 2?
(a) Table 4.
(b) Table 1.
(c) Table 3.
(d) Table 2.
12. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(b) Michel de La Varenne.
(c) John de La Varenne.
(d) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
13. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
(a) Happy lecture.
(b) Dad lecture.
(c) Congratulatory lecture.
(d) Stern lecture.
14. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For flavor, color and aroma.
(b) For color.
(c) For flavor.
(d) For aroma.
15. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(d) Different ingredients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
2. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
3. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
4. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
5. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)