|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How late was Michael to the knife cuts practical exam?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
3. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) The sauce was to thick.
(b) Their sauce was ruined.
(c) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
(d) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
4. What did CIA want the students to be able to make in the cooking practical of Skills 1?
5. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Glass thermometer.
(b) Digital thermometer.
(c) Wooden spoon.
(d) Butane torch.
6. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
7. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Eun-Jung Lee.
(b) Chun Hei Lee.
(c) Ae Cha Lee.
(d) Chin Ho Lee.
8. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
(a) To get him to give up.
(c) Because he wasn't.
(d) Not the right mindset.
9. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
(a) Stern lecture.
(b) Congratulatory lecture.
(c) Dad lecture.
(d) Happy lecture.
10. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Wash their own uniforms.
(b) Light the oven pilot light.
(c) Question the instructor.
(d) Bring utensils from home.
11. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
(a) 179 out of 200.
(b) 169 out of 200.
(c) 199 out of 200.
(d) 189 out of 200.
12. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
(a) A second cooking school.
(b) Food and Beverage Institute.
(c) A restaurant management academy.
(d) The CIA in San Fransisco.
13. What was the name of Chef Pardus's former wife?
14. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(a) A need to protect.
(c) Care for others.
15. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Culinary Institute of America.
(b) Chef's Institute of America.
(c) American Culinary Institute.
(d) Cooking Institute of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did Michael say that Skills class taught him?
2. What position did the person that came to watch the Skills classes hold at CIA?
3. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
4. What emotion did Michael say was necessary to achieve perfection?
5. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)