|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade did Erica have at the midpoint of Chef Pardus's class?
2. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
(c) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
(d) Uniform and set of knives.
3. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
(a) To make excellent potatoes.
(b) To write about CIA.
(c) To learn to cook.
(d) To learn what chefs went through.
4. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
(a) Jazz Cantina.
(b) Great Scott's Eatery.
(c) Starr Cantina.
(d) Jay's Bar and Grill.
5. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Hat and textbook.
(b) Knives and textbook.
(c) Hat and neckerchief.
(d) Knives and neckerchief.
6. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
7. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) On Food and Cooking.
(b) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(c) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(d) Julia Child's book.
8. Who made Michael feel the way he did while taking the written cooking test?
(a) Chef Pardus.
(b) The other students.
(c) His wife.
(d) He did.
9. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
10. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
(a) The emotional world.
(b) The physical world.
(c) The expressive world.
(d) The mental world.
11. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
12. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
13. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
(a) Mushroom Soup.
(b) Watercress Soup.
(c) Potato Soup.
(d) Onion Soup.
14. What was name of the first class that Michael took at CIA?
(a) Meat Fabrication.
(b) Nutrition Sanitation.
(c) Culinary Skill Development 1.
(d) Introduction to Gastronomy.
15. What happened to Vic's split pea soup?
(a) He overseasoned it.
(b) He scorched it.
(c) He burnt it.
(d) He undercooked it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
2. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
3. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
4. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
5. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)