|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was going to be Michael's Hot Foods teacher?
(a) Chef Anderson.
(b) Chef Smith.
(c) Chef Stevenson.
(d) Chef Jones.
2. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
(a) To cook for their instructor.
(b) To prepare meals.
(c) To develop a menu.
(d) To cook for others.
3. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
(a) A second cooking school.
(b) Food and Beverage Institute.
(c) A restaurant management academy.
(d) The CIA in San Fransisco.
4. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
5. What soup did Chef Pardus complement Erica on?
(d) Split Pea.
6. What was the name of Chef Pardus's former wife?
7. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Glass thermometer.
(b) Butane torch.
(c) Wooden spoon.
(d) Digital thermometer.
8. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
9. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Susan Careme.
(b) Joan Careme.
(c) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(d) Michelle Careme.
10. How did Michael feel while taking his cooking practical?
11. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(b) Care for others.
(d) A need to protect.
12. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Question the instructor.
(b) Light the oven pilot light.
(c) Bring utensils from home.
(d) Wash their own uniforms.
13. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
(c) White sauce.
(d) Brown sauce.
14. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Cooking Institute of America.
(b) American Culinary Institute.
(c) Chef's Institute of America.
(d) Culinary Institute of America.
15. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
(a) 199 out of 200.
(b) 179 out of 200.
(c) 189 out of 200.
(d) 169 out of 200.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
2. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
3. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
4. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
5. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)