|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A System of Values and Roux Decree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Joan Careme.
(b) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(c) Michelle Careme.
(d) Susan Careme.
2. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
(a) To prepare meals.
(b) To cook for others.
(c) To cook for their instructor.
(d) To develop a menu.
3. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Bayonne ham and partridges.
(b) Bayonne ham and onions.
(c) Partridges and onions.
(d) Partridges and chuck steak.
4. What did CIA stand for?
(a) American Culinary Institute.
(b) Chef's Institute of America.
(c) Culinary Institute of America.
(d) Cooking Institute of America.
5. What table was Michael assigned to in his first class with Chef Pardus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chef Pardus say that he had told Michael that he wasn't cut out to be a chef?
2. What did Chef Pardus say needed to be added to the water used to cook pasta?
3. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
4. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
5. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)