|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A System of Values and Roux Decree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) Their sauce was ruined.
(b) The sauce was to thick.
(c) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
(d) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
(a) Jesuit Monastery.
(b) Government Offices.
(c) Christian Church.
(d) Catholic Nunnery.
3. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Julia Child's book.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) On Food and Cooking.
(d) Food Science in the Kitchen.
4. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in style.
(b) Put in place.
(c) Put in order.
(d) Put in space.
5. Which of Michael's classmates in Chef Pardus's class invited him to a kimchi party?
(a) Eun-Jung Lee.
(b) Ae Cha Lee.
(c) Chin Ho Lee.
(d) Chun Hei Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
2. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
3. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
4. What kind of car did Michael drive in 1996?
5. What score did Michael get on the cooking practical?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)