|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A System of Values and Roux Decree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
2. What did Michael say was his goal in cooking school?
(a) To learn what chefs went through.
(b) To write about CIA.
(c) To learn to cook.
(d) To make excellent potatoes.
3. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Hat and textbook.
(b) Knives and neckerchief.
(c) Hat and neckerchief.
(d) Knives and textbook.
4. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) Julia Child's book.
(d) On Food and Cooking.
5. Which student stood out in Chef Pardus's class because of the questions they asked?
(a) Steve Shepard.
(b) John Shepard.
(c) Mike Shepard.
(d) Adam Shepard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
2. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
3. Where did Michael go with Chef Pardus after class?
4. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
5. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)