|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Making of Chef Pardus and Chapter 7: You Understand What I Am Saying?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in space.
(b) Put in place.
(c) Put in style.
(d) Put in order.
2. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(b) The New Professional Chef.
(c) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
(d) The Rube.
3. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
4. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(b) Different ingredients.
5. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Michel de La Varenne.
(b) John de La Varenne.
(c) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(d) Nicolas de La Varenne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
2. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
3. What branch did Chef Pardus say the CIA had recently opened?
4. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
5. What group was Michael in for the cooking practical of Skills 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)