|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Making of Chef Pardus and Chapter 7: You Understand What I Am Saying?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
2. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
3. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A boil.
(b) A simmer.
(c) A lazy bubble.
(d) A medium temperature.
4. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
(d) Double boiler.
5. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
(a) Brown sauce.
(b) White sauce.
(c) Hollandaise sauce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
2. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
3. How did Michael feel while taking his written cooking test?
4. What two jobs did Michael relate being a chef to?
5. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)