|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brown Sauce.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(b) Joan Careme.
(c) Michelle Careme.
(d) Susan Careme.
2. What time was the deadline for presenting to Chef Pardus in class?
(a) 6 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 7 p.m.
3. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Butane torch.
(b) Digital thermometer.
(c) Wooden spoon.
(d) Glass thermometer.
4. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Julia Child's book.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(d) On Food and Cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chef Pardus act at the end of day 8?
2. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
3. What did CIA stand for?
4. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
5. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)