|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brown Sauce.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ingredients were on the prep list for day 8 of Chef Pardus's class?
2. What cookbook did the students use to make brown sauce?
(a) The Rube.
(b) The New Professional Chef.
(c) The Contemporary Professional Chef.
(d) Julia Child's Guide to French Cooking.
3. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
(b) Their sauce was ruined.
(c) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
(d) The sauce was to thick.
4. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) John de La Varenne.
(b) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(c) Michel de La Varenne.
(d) Nicolas de La Varenne.
5. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(b) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
(c) The Sauce Book.
(d) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
2. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
3. What did CIA stand for?
4. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
5. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)