|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brown Sauce.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did CIA stand for?
(a) Cooking Institute of America.
(b) American Culinary Institute.
(c) Culinary Institute of America.
(d) Chef's Institute of America.
2. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
(a) Sauces: A Complete Guide.
(b) The Sauce Book.
(c) The Saucier's Apprentice.
(d) Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.
3. What cooking procedure did Chef Pardus say was hard to explain?
(b) Double boiler.
4. What did Michael receive when he arrived at cooking school?
(a) Uniform and set of knives.
(b) Introduction to CIA book and set of knives.
(c) Introduction to CIA book and uniform.
5. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student in Chef Pardus's class always liked to joke about thyme?
2. What had the building that housed the CIA previously been?
3. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
4. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
5. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)