|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through St. Andrew's Cafe and St. Andrew's Kitchen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(b) Julia Child's book.
(c) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(d) On Food and Cooking.
2. What did Chef Pardus say was one of the primary purposes for being in his class?
(a) Learning the basics of cooking.
(b) Learning to love food.
(c) Making Brown Sauce.
(d) Making stock.
3. What had to be prepared in the second term practical?
(a) A fancy meat dish.
(b) A full course meal for two.
(c) A 4 course dinner.
(d) A buffet line.
4. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(a) Care for others.
(c) A need to protect.
5. What was a galantine?
(a) Aspic poached forcemeat.
(b) Forcemeat served in aspic.
(c) A forcemeat poached in stock and served in aspic.
(d) Poached forcemeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus teach the students to make on day 3 of class?
2. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
3. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
4. What kitchen at CIA cranked out the food?
5. Where was the kitchen that cranked out food at CIA located?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)