|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instinct did Michael say that people got when they became parents?
(b) A need to protect.
(d) Care for others.
2. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(b) Nicolas de La Varenne.
(c) Michel de La Varenne.
(d) John de La Varenne.
3. What was first used in brown sauce that those at CIA no longer used?
(a) Bayonne ham and partridges.
(b) Partridges and chuck steak.
(c) Bayonne ham and onions.
(d) Partridges and onions.
4. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Light the oven pilot light.
(b) Bring utensils from home.
(c) Question the instructor.
(d) Wash their own uniforms.
5. What did CIA stand for?
(a) American Culinary Institute.
(b) Chef's Institute of America.
(c) Culinary Institute of America.
(d) Cooking Institute of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
2. Why did Michael leave class right after the knife exam?
3. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
4. What kind of lecture did Chef Pardus give the students before the actual lecture on day 8?
5. According to Michael how many mother sauces were there?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)