|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sauce was commonly referred to as building material?
(a) Brown sauce.
(b) White sauce.
(c) Hollandaise sauce.
2. What was the name of the man credited with bringing sauces out of the Middle Ages?
(a) Pierre Francois de La Varenne.
(b) John de La Varenne.
(c) Michel de La Varenne.
(d) Nicolas de La Varenne.
3. What cooking tool in Chef Pardus's class got ruined because it was left in a pot of water?
(a) Glass thermometer.
(b) Wooden spoon.
(c) Digital thermometer.
(d) Butane torch.
4. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
5. What did Chef Pardus say that stock was to be cooked at?
(a) A boil.
(b) A lazy bubble.
(c) A simmer.
(d) A medium temperature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other students were in the first class that Michael attended at CIA?
2. Who was Michael's inspiration for learning to cook?
3. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
4. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
5. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)