Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Discuss what led Michael to enroll in cooking school. Use examples from the book.
2. Discuss Michael's goals in learning to cook. Use examples from the book.
3. In the book Michael states that cooking is an art. Discuss this using examples from the book.
4. The book "The Making of a Chef" is written by a journalist who went to cooking school. Discuss how Michael's two worlds as a journalist and chef collided in the development of this book.
5. Explain the meaning of "Mise en Place," using examples from the...
This section contains 424 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)