* Michael joined the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) as a student and got his knives and uniform.
* Michael's first class at the CIA was Culinary Skill Development with Chef Pardus.
* While students trained at CIA they also took classes.
* Another introductory class at CIA was Culinary Math, taught by Julia Hill.
* CIA's schedule was divided into blocks.
* Each block included 14 class days divided out over 3 weeks.
* Chapter 2 picks up at day 3 of Skills. Everything was running smoothly in class.
* Skills started each day with Chef Pardus talking about that days plan and giving a demonstration.
* Afterwards, the students would make the recipe that was on that days agenda.
* On day five of class the students made consomme.
* Consomme was a complicated dish that demonstrated a cooks true skills.
* After making consomme, Chef Pardus told Michael that he could be a good cook.
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)