|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
2. Where is Jack's successor introduced?
3. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
4. In the Epilogue, what does Jack once again stress as important to growing a business?
5. Jack says China is more than a market. What does he say it is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
2. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
3. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
4. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
5. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
6. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
7. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
8. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
9. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
10. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What roles do Jack's parents play in his career?
Essay Topic 3
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)