|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which aspect of GE's business is most successful in India?
2. Who is recruited to help GE's online presence?
3. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
4. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
5. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
2. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
3. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
4. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
5. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
6. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
7. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
8. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
9. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
10. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 3
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)