|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
2. How many years before his planned retirement does Jack begin the process of selecting a successor?
3. What is the term Jack coins for the process of people sitting down together spontaneously to hash out a complex issue?
4. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
5. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by Golf Digest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
2. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
3. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
4. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
5. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
6. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
7. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
8. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
9. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
10. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of Jack: Straight from the Gut?
Essay Topic 3
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)