|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
2. Who does Jack defeat in a 36-hole golf match played in Nantucket?
3. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
4. Which India-based company becomes a GE partner in developing low-end, low-cost medical systems products?
5. What does Jack want to take out of the process of selecting a successor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
2. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
3. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
4. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
5. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
6. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
7. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
8. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
9. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
10. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 2
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
Essay Topic 3
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)