|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
3. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
4. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
5. When melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity, what kinds of employees make the difference?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of layout in nonfiction? Discuss six elements or functions the layout should address. Discuss the layout of this book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of objective writing to nonfiction. Is Jack: Straight from the Gut objectively written? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)