|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What most improves Jack's golf game?
2. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
3. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
4. What is the term Jack coins for the process of people sitting down together spontaneously to hash out a complex issue?
5. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
2. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
3. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
4. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
5. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
6. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
7. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
8. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
9. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
10. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of Jack: Straight from the Gut?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)