|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does GE reduce with its Internet sales?
2. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
3. When melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity, what kinds of employees make the difference?
4. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
5. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
2. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
3. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
4. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
5. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
6. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
7. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
8. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
9. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
10. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss discipline as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)