|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which GE teams get projects including improving call centers, increasing factory capacity, and reducing billing errors and inventory?
2. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
3. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
4. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
2. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
3. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
4. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
5. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
6. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
7. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
8. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
9. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
10. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of Jack: Straight from the Gut?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)