|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
2. What is more important than strategy development?
3. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
4. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
5. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
2. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
3. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
4. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
5. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
6. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
7. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
8. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
9. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
10. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss success as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 3
What is the writer's purpose of this book? Explain your answer and support it with text from the book.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)