|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
2. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
3. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
4. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
5. How does Jack learn to play golf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
2. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
3. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
4. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
5. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
6. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
7. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
8. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
9. How does Jack improve his golf game?
10. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of objective writing to nonfiction. Is Jack: Straight from the Gut objectively written? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)