|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
2. Who sets the tone in a company and shares the best ideas and knowledge?
3. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
4. In the Epilogue, what does Jack once again stress as important to growing a business?
5. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
2. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
3. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
4. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
5. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
6. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
7. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
8. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
9. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
10. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is an anecdote and what is its role in nonfiction. Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)