|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
2. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
3. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
4. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
2. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
3. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
4. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
5. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
6. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
7. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
8. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
9. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
10. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss success as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)