|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
2. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
3. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
4. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
5. What does Larry Bossidy present on Jack's behalf at the CEC meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
2. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
3. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
4. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
5. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
6. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
7. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
8. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
9. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
10. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)