|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
2. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
3. What most improves Jack's golf game?
4. Who does <i>Golf Digest</i> rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
5. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two different examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony are they? What is expected and what actually occurs in your examples?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of objective writing to nonfiction. Is Jack: Straight from the Gut objectively written? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)