|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
2. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
3. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
4. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
5. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
2. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
3. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
4. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
5. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
6. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
7. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
8. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
9. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
10. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of Jack: Straight from the Gut?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)