|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
2. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
3. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
4. When Jack reflects on things that worked for him as CEO, what tops his list?
5. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
2. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
3. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
4. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
5. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
6. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
7. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
8. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
9. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
10. How does Jack improve his golf game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 2
What roles do Jack's parents play in his career?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)