|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
2. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
3. When Jack reflects on things that worked for him as CEO, what tops his list?
4. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
5. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
2. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
3. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
4. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
5. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
6. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
7. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
8. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
9. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
10. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the writer's purpose of this book? Explain your answer and support it with text from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss success as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)