|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
2. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
3. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
4. What kind of business is Pet Project?
5. Which medical equipment becomes the fastest selling CT scan, with a tube life of 500,000 scans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
2. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
3. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
4. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
5. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
6. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
7. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
8. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
9. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
10. How does Jack improve his golf game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of e-business in the book? Be sure to define e-business.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss discipline as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss success as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)