|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
2. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
3. What is Jack's vision for GE?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
2. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
3. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
4. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
5. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
6. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
7. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
8. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
9. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
10. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an anecdote and what is its role in nonfiction. Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 2
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the writer's purpose of this book? Explain your answer and support it with text from the book.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)