|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
2. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
2. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
3. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
4. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
5. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
6. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
7. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
8. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
9. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
10. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
Essay Topic 2
What is an anecdote and what is its role in nonfiction. Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss discipline as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)