|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
2. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
3. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
4. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
5. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
2. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
3. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
4. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
5. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
6. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
7. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
8. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
9. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
10. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)