|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
3. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
4. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
5. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
2. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
3. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
4. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
5. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
6. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
7. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
8. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
9. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
10. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of objective writing to nonfiction. Is Jack: Straight from the Gut objectively written? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of e-business in the book? Be sure to define e-business.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss success as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)