|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
3. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
4. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
5. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
2. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
3. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
4. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
5. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
6. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
7. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
8. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
9. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
10. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an anecdote and what is its role in nonfiction. Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 2
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)