|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
3. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
4. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
2. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
3. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
4. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
5. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
6. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
7. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
8. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
9. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
10. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
Essay Topic 1
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
Essay Topic 2
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)