|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
2. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
3. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
4. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
2. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
3. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
4. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
5. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
6. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
7. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
8. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
9. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
10. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two different examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony are they? What is expected and what actually occurs in your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)