|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
2. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
3. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
4. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
5. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
2. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
3. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
4. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
5. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
6. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
7. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
8. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
9. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
10. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of objective writing to nonfiction. Is Jack: Straight from the Gut objectively written? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of e-business in the book? Be sure to define e-business.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)