|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
2. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
3. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
2. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
3. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
4. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
5. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
6. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
7. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
8. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
9. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
10. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an anecdote and what is its role in nonfiction. Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 2
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
Essay Topic 3
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)