|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
2. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
5. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
2. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
3. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
4. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
5. How does Jack improve his golf game?
6. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
7. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
8. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
9. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
10. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss discipline as a theme in Jack: Straight from the Gut.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)