|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
4. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
5. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
2. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
3. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
4. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
5. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
6. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
7. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
8. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
9. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
10. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of Jack: Straight from the Gut?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)