|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
2. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
3. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
4. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
2. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
3. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
4. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
5. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
6. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
7. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
8. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
9. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
10. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
Essay Topic 2
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)