|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
2. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
3. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
4. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
2. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
3. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
4. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
5. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
6. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
7. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
8. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
9. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
10. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
Essay Topic 2
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Jack is the subject of his own book. What are Jack's bad qualities? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)