|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
2. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
3. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
4. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
5. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
2. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
3. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
4. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
5. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
6. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
7. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
8. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
9. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
10. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)