|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
2. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
3. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
4. Which company originally used QMI?
5. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
2. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
3. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
4. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
5. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
6. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
7. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
8. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
9. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
10. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of layout in nonfiction? Discuss six elements or functions the layout should address. Discuss the layout of this book.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)