|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
2. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
3. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
4. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
5. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
2. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
3. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
4. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
5. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
6. What are Jack's beliefs regarding self-confidence?
7. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
8. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
9. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
10. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
Essay Topic 3
What roles do Jack's parents play in his career?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)