|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
3. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
4. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
2. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
3. What is a "Work-Out" and what is its role in GE?
4. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
5. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
6. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
7. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
8. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
9. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
10. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is an anecdote and what is its role in nonfiction. Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)