|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
4. What is Jack's vision for GE?
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
2. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
3. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
4. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
5. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
6. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
7. Discuss Jack's thoughts on an informal work environment.
8. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
9. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
10. How does Jack get promoted to general manager of GE's newest plastics facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
Essay Topic 3
What roles do Jack's parents play in his career?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)