|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
2. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
3. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
4. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
5. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
2. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
3. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
4. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
5. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
6. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
7. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
8. Why does Jack learn the game of golf?
9. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
10. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in the book.
Essay Topic 2
How important are the qualifications of the creator in this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the creator's qualifications?
Essay Topic 3
Briefly discuss the focus of Six Sigma. What is its importance to GE?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)