|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
2. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
3. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
4. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the management team that Jack builds for GE.
2. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
3. What two concerns do GE board members have in appointing Jack to be CEO of the company?
4. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
5. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
6. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
7. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
8. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
9. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
10. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of propaganda in nonfiction. Discuss any possible propaganda in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast autobiography and personal recollection as types of nonfiction.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)