|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
2. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
3. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
4. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
5. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jack's idea of a "boundaryless" company.
2. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
3. Why does Jack want out of the semiconductor business?
4. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
5. When faced with the real world of bad business, what is Jack's plan of attack?
6. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
7. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
8. What are Jack's thoughts on changing himself in order to change his company?
9. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
10. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of e-business in the book? Be sure to define e-business.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of objective writing to nonfiction. Is Jack: Straight from the Gut objectively written? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)