|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
2. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
3. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
4. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
5. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
2. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
3. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
4. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
5. Why does Jack target GE Credit Corp as the company's most promising business?
6. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
7. What does Jack learn about "academic pedigrees"?
8. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
9. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
10. How does Jack's mother influence his management style?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the writer's purpose of this book? Explain your answer and support it with text from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What does the tone of this book reveal about Jack personally? Define tone in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)