|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
2. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
3. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
4. What does Jack say in a <i>Business Week</i> interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
2. How do GE employees view Jack's opinion about change?
3. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
4. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
5. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
6. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
7. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
8. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
9. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
10. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of e-business in the book? Be sure to define e-business.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of Jack: Straight from the Gut?
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)