|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
2. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
3. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
4. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
5. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
2. What is Jack's vision for GE when he takes over as CEO?
3. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
4. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
5. Why is Jack disgruntled with his first $1,000 raise at GE?
6. Why does Jack construct gyms in company facilities?
7. How does the nuclear incident at Three Mile Island affect GE's business?
8. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
9. Why does Jack promote selling the GE Housewares division?
10. What is unique about GE's Crotonville training facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail Jack's concept of "Boundaryless" behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)