|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does QMI stand for?
2. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
3. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
4. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
5. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustrates Jack about the scientists he deals with when he first goes to work for GE?
2. Why does the media begin to refer to Jack as "Neutron Jack"?
3. What basic ideas does Jack say he hopes his book will communicate?
4. How does Jack's mother teach him the value of competition?
5. Briefly define and discuss QMI.
6. As Jack gets closer to GE's big leagues, what does he learn about the company's routine employee appraisals?
7. What is Jack's unique approach to marketing industrial plastics in the 1970s?
8. What does Jack learn about discipline after he blows up one of GE's factories?
9. What are the focus and discussion of Session C meetings.
10. Briefly outline the trade between GE and a French government-owned electronics company and its benefit to GE.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of e-business in the book? Be sure to define e-business.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writer's style in this book What determines the writer's style?
Essay Topic 3
What roles do Jack's parents play in his career?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)