|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack's successor introduced?
(a) At the company picnic.
(b) At an economic briefing hosted by president-elect George W. Bush.
(c) In a highly televised press conference.
(d) In expensive primetime advertising on ABC.
2. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
(a) Six Flags.
(b) Six Pence.
(c) Six Degrees.
(d) Six Sigma.
3. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
(a) Congressional inquiries.
(b) The European Commission.
(c) The Superfund Act.
(d) The American Anti-Trust Act.
4. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(b) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(c) After GE buys CBS.
(d) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
5. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
(a) Medical investments.
(b) Technology investments.
(c) Financial services investments.
(d) Improved public relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
2. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
3. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
4. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
5. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
2. How does Jack improve his golf game?
3. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
4. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
5. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
6. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
7. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
8. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
9. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
10. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)