|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who transforms GE Capital from a purely financial business into a thriving business that uses deal-making for operational skills?
(a) Former college classmates of Jack's.
(c) Members of Elfun.
(d) Talent from GE's industrial business.
2. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Japanese-American deal.
(b) The Japanese-American sanction.
(c) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
(d) The NAFTA deal.
3. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
(a) High-tech companies.
(b) Work-from-home companies.
(c) Grant-funded companies.
(d) Women-owned companies.
4. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
(a) George H.W. Bush.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(a) Chase, Manhattan.
(d) Kidder, Peabody.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
2. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
3. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
4. When melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity, what kinds of employees make the difference?
5. On which network does Jack host his own show?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)