|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
(a) They are shut down completely.
(b) They are reduced.
(c) Nothing changes.
(d) They flourish.
2. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
(a) The Priest of Growth.
(b) The Prince of Growth.
(c) The God of Google.
(d) The Kasbah of Cash.
3. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
(a) He pays a senior female employee who speaks Japanese to be in an ad campaign.
(b) He appoints Anne Abaya to be head of the company's human resources in Japan.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) He promotes GE as the employer of choice for women.
4. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
(a) British Airways.
5. Which meeting is Jack's final farewell to the company?
(a) The annual GE 550 top leaders meeting.
(b) A Chamber of Commerce banquet..
(c) The annual training session.
(d) The semi-annual training session.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
2. What does GE reduce with its Internet sales?
3. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
4. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
5. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)