|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golf Digest rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Scott McNealy.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Jack Welch.
2. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(c) United States.
3. What kind of business is Pet Project?
(a) A new plastic to make collapsible water dishes.
(b) Obedience training for all domestic animals.
(c) Pet health and life insurance.
(d) A guideline to determine how much plastic can safely be put into pet food.
4. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
(b) Boca Raton.
5. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
(a) Financial services investments.
(b) Improved public relations.
(c) Technology investments.
(d) Medical investments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What most improves Jack's golf game?
2. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
3. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
4. What does Jack want to take out of the process of selecting a successor?
5. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
2. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
3. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
4. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
5. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
6. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
7. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
8. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
9. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
10. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)