|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
(a) The best of the Black Belts.
(b) All who complete training.
(c) All the Black Belts only.
(d) Green Belts and above.
2. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
(a) Neiman, Marcus.
(b) Chase, Manhattan.
(c) Kidder, Peabody.
3. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
(a) The American Anti-Trust Act.
(b) The European Commission.
(c) The Superfund Act.
(d) Congressional inquiries.
4. Which meeting is Jack's final farewell to the company?
(a) The annual GE 550 top leaders meeting.
(b) The semi-annual training session.
(c) A Chamber of Commerce banquet..
(d) The annual training session.
5. Jack says China is more than a market. What does he say it is?
(a) Not worth selling into.
(b) A fast-growing competitor.
(c) A political obstacle.
(d) A huge obstacle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
2. In the Epilogue, what does Jack once again stress as important to growing a business?
3. How does Jack learn to play golf?
4. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
5. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
2. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
3. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
4. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
5. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
6. How does Jack improve his golf game?
7. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
8. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
9. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
10. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)