|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
(b) The NAFTA deal.
(c) The Japanese-American deal.
(d) The Japanese-American sanction.
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(b) Medical systems.
(d) Credit and financial.
3. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) Grant Tinker.
(b) David Letterman.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Jay Leno.
4. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The PCB Act.
(b) The Super Clean Act.
(c) The Superfund Act.
(d) The Cleanup Fund Act.
5. How does Jack learn to play golf?
(a) He took lessons from Rooney.
(b) By watching videos during work hours.
(c) By watching others while working as a caddy.
(d) Reg Jones taught him to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
2. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by Golf Digest?
3. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
4. What is more important than strategy development?
5. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
2. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
3. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
4. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
5. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
6. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
7. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
8. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
9. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
10. How does Jack improve his golf game?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)