|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
2. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
(a) <i>Designing Women, 60 Minutes</i>, and <i>The Jeffersons</i>.
(b) <i>The Simpsons, Married with Children</i>, and <i>Get a Life</i>.
(c) <i>Roseanne, 20/20</i> and <i>L.A. Law</i>.
(d) <i>Frasier, Friends</i>, and <i>ER</i>.
3. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
4. What does Larry Bossidy present on Jack's behalf at the CEC meeting?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) Six Pence.
(c) Six Flags.
(d) Six Degrees.
5. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The leader of the House of Representatives.
(c) The defense attorney.
(d) The prosecutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Epilogue, what does Jack once again stress as important to growing a business?
2. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
3. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
4. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
5. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)