|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
2. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
(c) Primary school.
3. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
(a) Trouble to the bank account.
(c) A boring work environment.
(d) Better relationships.
4. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) It goes through easily.
(b) It is blocked.
(c) Jack walks away from negotiations.
(d) It goes through after much deliberation with share holders.
5. Which aspect of the business complementary to GE fits well with GE's aircraft engine industry?
(a) TV picture tube manufacturing.
(b) Repair shops for plane engines.
(c) High-tech avionics.
(d) Wireless electronics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term Jack coins for the process of people sitting down together spontaneously to hash out a complex issue?
2. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
3. How does Jack plan to select a successor that the board will unite behind?
4. What is more important than strategy development?
5. What most improves Jack's golf game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of "Black Belts" and "Green Belts" in the GE corporate climate.
2. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
3. What is the cause of Kidder, Peabody's legal trouble when GE is purchasing it and what scandal arises after the purchase is complete?
4. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
5. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
6. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
7. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
8. How does e-business change the role of a GE salesperson?
9. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
10. Briefly explain how Jack decides to compete with the Japanese.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)