|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
2. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
3. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
(a) Price-fixing of stereos.
(b) Price-fixing of diamonds.
(c) Price-fixing of home surround sound systems.
(d) Price-fixing of TVs.
4. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
5. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(a) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
2. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
3. How many years before his planned retirement does Jack begin the process of selecting a successor?
4. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
5. Which aspect of GE's business is most successful in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
2. How does Jack learn to play golf and why is the sport important to him?
3. As Jack reflects on his GE career, what qualities does he consider to be successful in business?
4. Discuss GE's charge of PCB contamination and its result.
5. How does GE get a head start on foreign investing in Japan and what Japanese investments made GE Capital a major player in the world of finance?
6. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
7. What entertainment dilemmas face GE through NBC in the 1990s?
8. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
9. What is GE's first attempt at globalization in India and what is the outcome?
10. When does Jack begin the search for his successor, and how does he want to change the process of finding the company's next CEO?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)