|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Tiger Woods.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Greg Norman.
(d) Matt Lauer.
2. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
(a) British Airways.
3. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
(b) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
(c) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(d) The case is dismissed.
4. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
(a) The Priest of Growth.
(b) The Prince of Growth.
(c) The Kasbah of Cash.
(d) The God of Google.
5. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
(b) Primary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
2. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
3. What does GE reduce with its Internet sales?
4. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
5. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
2. Who is Jack's successor and where is he introduced?
3. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
4. Briefly explain why the Honeywell deal falls through and which organization is responsible.
5. How and why does e-business affect GE's customer service.
6. What does Jack tell General Electric employees in his final farewell address to them?
7. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
8. Discuss the rankings of GE's television stations CNBC, MSNBC and NBC in 2001. Why is NBC's ranking important?
9. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
10. Why does GE find itself under investigation for its industrial diamond business and what is the result?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)