|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is part of GE's annual $50 billion in goods and services transferred?
(a) Website production.
(b) Online auctions.
(c) Lighting development.
(d) Medical services.
2. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
(b) The case is dismissed.
(c) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(d) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
3. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by Golf Digest?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Scott McNealy.
(c) Jack Welch.
(d) Reg Jones.
4. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
(a) Easy Internet advertising.
(b) Equal Opportunity Act.
5. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(b) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(c) After GE buys CBS.
(d) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn to play golf?
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
3. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
4. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
5. Who does Golf Digest rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does GE pass up opportunities to acquire high-tech companies in the late 1990s?
2. Briefly discuss how globalization affects GE's development and American facilities.
3. What is "wallowing" and how does GE use it?
4. What are Jack's predictions about business with China?
5. Discuss how GE enters the medical ultrasound field in 2000.
6. How do technology and information systems change GE's service business fundamentals?
7. Briefly discuss how GE redefines its airplane services in 1995.
8. How do the services offered by GE Capital change from the 1970s to the 1990s?
9. Briefly, why is Honeywell a good business for GE to buy?
10. Briefly tell how employee surveys change GE in the mid 1990s and what results from the surveys.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)