|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) George H.W. Bush.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Ronald Regan.
2. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
3. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(b) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(c) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(d) After GE buys CBS.
4. Which GE teams get projects including improving call centers, increasing factory capacity, and reducing billing errors and inventory?
(a) Black Belt.
(b) Red Belt.
(c) Green Belt.
(d) Yellow Belt.
5. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
(a) Incredible amounts of intensity, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
(b) Work-out sessions at the factories.
(c) Brainstorming sessions at Crotonville.
(d) Incredible creativity, science, and research.
6. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(b) Medical systems.
(c) Credit and financial.
7. How does Jack plan to select a successor that the board will unite behind?
(a) By adding himself to the board upon his retirement.
(b) By creating new board positions.
(c) By asking the board nicely to support his successor.
(d) By deeply involving the board in the selection process.
8. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
(a) To compare heat rate and fuel burn in turbines.
(b) To compare the price of turbines.
(c) To compare the cost of heating turbines.
(d) To compare the cost of fueling turbines.
9. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
(a) Green Belts and above.
(b) All who complete training.
(c) The best of the Black Belts.
(d) All the Black Belts only.
10. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
(b) Easy Internet advertising.
(c) Equal Opportunity Act.
11. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(a) Employee health care.
(c) Expense reduction.
12. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
13. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
14. Who does Golf Digest rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
(a) Scott McNealy.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Jack Welch.
15. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Green Belt.
(b) Red Belt.
(c) Yellow Belt.
(d) Black Belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
2. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
3. What does Jack want to take out of the process of selecting a successor?
4. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
5. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)