|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack reflects on things that worked for him as CEO, what tops his list?
(a) Employee raises.
(b) Reducing costs.
(d) Golf as a stress reliever.
2. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by Golf Digest?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Scott McNealy.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Jack Welch.
3. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Tiger Woods.
(b) Matt Lauer.
(c) Greg Norman.
(d) Bill Gates.
4. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
(b) Easy Internet advertising.
(c) Equal Opportunity Act.
5. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
(a) Trouble to the bank account.
(b) Better relationships.
(d) A boring work environment.
6. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
7. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
8. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
(c) Primary school.
9. Which GE teams get projects including improving call centers, increasing factory capacity, and reducing billing errors and inventory?
(a) Green Belt.
(b) Yellow Belt.
(c) Black Belt.
(d) Red Belt.
10. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
(b) The Japanese-American sanction.
(c) The Japanese-American deal.
(d) The NAFTA deal.
11. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(b) Expense reduction.
(c) Employee health care.
12. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
(c) Boca Raton.
13. What is more important than strategy development?
(a) Knowing what stock holders want.
(c) Hiring employees that don't demand a lot of benefits.
(d) Getting the right people.
14. What most improves Jack's golf game?
(a) Watching golf videos throughout the week.
(b) Motivational yoga before hitting the greens.
(c) Breaking down the mechanics to teach his wife.
(d) Private lessons from Tiger Woods.
15. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
(a) Congressional inquiries.
(b) The American Anti-Trust Act.
(c) The European Commission.
(d) The Superfund Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
2. Who does Jack defeat in a 36-hole golf match played in Nantucket?
3. Who does Golf Digest rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
4. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
5. On which network does Jack host his own show?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)