|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
(a) George H.W. Bush.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) George W. Bush.
2. When melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity, what kinds of employees make the difference?
3. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) A governmental bribe.
(b) Smog cleanup.
(c) River cleanup.
(d) Landfill cleanup.
4. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
(a) There are already 14 women holding key positions.
(b) Japanese women don't want to work for GE.
(c) There are only 3 women holding key positions.
(d) The women working there did not meet his standards.
5. What most improves Jack's golf game?
(a) Breaking down the mechanics to teach his wife.
(b) Motivational yoga before hitting the greens.
(c) Private lessons from Tiger Woods.
(d) Watching golf videos throughout the week.
6. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
7. Who does Golf Digest rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
(a) Scott McNealy.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Bill Gates.
8. How does Jack learn to play golf?
(a) He took lessons from Rooney.
(b) Reg Jones taught him to play.
(c) By watching others while working as a caddy.
(d) By watching videos during work hours.
9. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Red Belt.
(b) Yellow Belt.
(c) Green Belt.
(d) Black Belt.
10. Which aspect of GE's business is most successful in India?
(c) Financial services.
(d) Medical systems.
11. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
12. Which meeting is Jack's final farewell to the company?
(a) A Chamber of Commerce banquet..
(b) The annual training session.
(c) The annual GE 550 top leaders meeting.
(d) The semi-annual training session.
13. What does Jack want to take out of the process of selecting a successor?
(a) Politics and insecurity.
(b) Politics and temptation.
(c) Politics and bribery.
(d) Politics and divisiveness.
14. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
(c) Public relations.
15. Who sets the tone in a company and shares the best ideas and knowledge?
(a) The employees.
(b) Human resources.
(c) The CEO.
(d) The corporate attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
3. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
4. When Jack reflects on things that worked for him as CEO, what tops his list?
5. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)