|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
(a) The spread of cable TV.
(b) The spread of reality show popularity.
(c) The spread of HDTV.
(d) The spread of satellite TV.
2. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
3. When Jack reflects on things that worked for him as CEO, what tops his list?
(a) Golf as a stress reliever.
(c) Reducing costs.
(d) Employee raises.
4. To what is part of GE's annual $50 billion in goods and services transferred?
(a) Medical services.
(b) Website production.
(c) Online auctions.
(d) Lighting development.
5. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Japanese-American sanction.
(b) The Japanese-American deal.
(c) The NAFTA deal.
(d) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
6. How many years before his planned retirement does Jack begin the process of selecting a successor?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 7 years.
7. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
(a) Better relationships.
(c) Trouble to the bank account.
(d) A boring work environment.
8. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The PCB Act.
(b) The Super Clean Act.
(c) The Cleanup Fund Act.
(d) The Superfund Act.
9. Which meeting is Jack's final farewell to the company?
(a) The annual GE 550 top leaders meeting.
(b) The annual training session.
(c) A Chamber of Commerce banquet..
(d) The semi-annual training session.
10. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
(a) They flourish.
(b) Nothing changes.
(c) They are reduced.
(d) They are shut down completely.
11. What kind of business is Pet Project?
(a) Pet health and life insurance.
(b) Obedience training for all domestic animals.
(c) A guideline to determine how much plastic can safely be put into pet food.
(d) A new plastic to make collapsible water dishes.
12. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
(c) Boca Raton.
13. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
(a) Improved public relations.
(b) Medical investments.
(c) Financial services investments.
(d) Technology investments.
14. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) David Letterman.
(c) Grant Tinker.
(d) Tom Brokaw.
15. Which medical equipment becomes the fastest selling CT scan, with a tube life of 500,000 scans?
(a) The LightSpeed CT.
(b) The Speed of Light CT.
(c) Speed the Light CT.
(d) The Lightening Speed CT.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
2. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
3. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
4. How does Jack plan to select a successor that the board will unite behind?
5. What is more important than strategy development?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)