|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meeting is Jack's final farewell to the company?
(a) The semi-annual training session.
(b) The annual GE 550 top leaders meeting.
(c) A Chamber of Commerce banquet..
(d) The annual training session.
2. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
3. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
(b) Public relations.
4. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) Jack walks away from negotiations.
(b) It is blocked.
(c) It goes through easily.
(d) It goes through after much deliberation with share holders.
5. Who transforms GE Capital from a purely financial business into a thriving business that uses deal-making for operational skills?
(b) Members of Elfun.
(c) Talent from GE's industrial business.
(d) Former college classmates of Jack's.
6. On which network does Jack host his own show?
(c) Fox News.
7. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
(a) The women working there did not meet his standards.
(b) There are already 14 women holding key positions.
(c) Japanese women don't want to work for GE.
(d) There are only 3 women holding key positions.
8. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
(a) Women-owned companies.
(b) Work-from-home companies.
(c) Grant-funded companies.
(d) High-tech companies.
9. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Greg Norman.
(b) Matt Lauer.
(c) Tiger Woods.
(d) Bill Gates.
10. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
11. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Yellow Belt.
(b) Red Belt.
(c) Black Belt.
(d) Green Belt.
12. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
(a) Six Degrees.
(b) Six Flags.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) Six Pence.
13. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(b) After GE buys CBS.
(c) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(d) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
14. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
(a) Aircraft engine.
(b) Financial systems.
(c) Computer systems.
(d) Medical systems.
15. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
(a) A meritocracy.
(b) A monarchy.
(c) A bureaucracy.
(d) A hierarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
2. What kind of business is Pet Project?
3. Which GE teams get projects including improving call centers, increasing factory capacity, and reducing billing errors and inventory?
4. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
5. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)