|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(c) Expense reduction.
(d) Employee health care.
2. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) Jack walks away from negotiations.
(b) It goes through after much deliberation with share holders.
(c) It goes through easily.
(d) It is blocked.
3. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
4. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The Superfund Act.
(b) The PCB Act.
(c) The Super Clean Act.
(d) The Cleanup Fund Act.
5. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) George H.W. Bush.
(d) Ronald Regan.
6. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Green Belt.
(b) Black Belt.
(c) Red Belt.
(d) Yellow Belt.
7. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
8. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
(a) A monarchy.
(b) A hierarchy.
(c) A bureaucracy.
(d) A meritocracy.
9. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(b) United States.
10. What is more important than strategy development?
(a) Getting the right people.
(b) Hiring employees that don't demand a lot of benefits.
(c) Knowing what stock holders want.
11. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
(a) Overvalued ideas about themselves.
(b) Winners at all cost.
(c) Lack of confidence due to the scandal.
(d) Backstabbing for higher raises.
12. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Tiger Woods.
(b) Greg Norman.
(c) Matt Lauer.
(d) Bill Gates.
13. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
14. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
(c) British Airways.
15. What does GE reduce with its Internet sales?
(a) Customer satisfaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
2. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
3. Who does Jack defeat in a 36-hole golf match played in Nantucket?
4. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)