|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which network does Jack host his own show?
(b) Fox News.
2. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) River cleanup.
(b) A governmental bribe.
(c) Landfill cleanup.
(d) Smog cleanup.
3. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
4. By May 2001, which established TV show is Jack's competing with directly?
(a) <i>Larry King Live</i>.
(b) <i>Face the Nation</i>.
(c) <i>Lou Dobb's Moneyline</i>.
(d) <i>Donny Deutch's The Big Idea</i>.
5. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) Jack walks away from negotiations.
(b) It goes through after much deliberation with share holders.
(c) It is blocked.
(d) It goes through easily.
6. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
(a) The Priest of Growth.
(b) The Kasbah of Cash.
(c) The Prince of Growth.
(d) The God of Google.
7. What does Jack want to take out of the process of selecting a successor?
(a) Politics and bribery.
(b) Politics and temptation.
(c) Politics and divisiveness.
(d) Politics and insecurity.
8. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
(a) <i>Roseanne, 20/20</i> and <i>L.A. Law</i>.
(b) <i>Designing Women, 60 Minutes</i>, and <i>The Jeffersons</i>.
(c) <i>The Simpsons, Married with Children</i>, and <i>Get a Life</i>.
(d) <i>Frasier, Friends</i>, and <i>ER</i>.
9. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
(a) New England and Greenwich.
(b) Japan and India.
(c) Wales and Brazil.
(d) England and India.
10. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
11. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
(b) British Airways.
12. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(a) Expense reduction.
(b) Employee health care.
13. How many years before his planned retirement does Jack begin the process of selecting a successor?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 7 years.
14. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
(d) Primary school.
15. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The Superfund Act.
(b) The PCB Act.
(c) The Cleanup Fund Act.
(d) The Super Clean Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
2. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
3. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
4. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
5. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)