|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
2. Jack says China is more than a market. What does he say it is?
(a) A political obstacle.
(b) A huge obstacle.
(c) Not worth selling into.
(d) A fast-growing competitor.
3. Who is recruited to help GE's online presence?
(a) Younger Internet-savvy talent.
(b) Younger computer game-savvy talent.
(c) Younger software-savvy talent.
(d) Younger network-savvy talent.
4. When melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity, what kinds of employees make the difference?
5. What kind of business is Pet Project?
(a) A guideline to determine how much plastic can safely be put into pet food.
(b) Pet health and life insurance.
(c) Obedience training for all domestic animals.
(d) A new plastic to make collapsible water dishes.
6. What is the term Jack coins for the process of people sitting down together spontaneously to hash out a complex issue?
7. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 85 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
8. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
(c) British Airways.
9. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) Six Pence.
(c) Six Degrees.
(d) Six Flags.
10. What does Jack want to take out of the process of selecting a successor?
(a) Politics and temptation.
(b) Politics and insecurity.
(c) Politics and bribery.
(d) Politics and divisiveness.
11. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) David Letterman.
(b) Grant Tinker.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Jay Leno.
12. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
(a) Primary school.
13. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Japanese-American deal.
(b) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
(c) The NAFTA deal.
(d) The Japanese-American sanction.
14. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
(a) In 1999.
(b) In 1998.
(c) In 2000.
(d) In 1995.
15. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(a) Credit and financial.
(d) Medical systems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which aspect of the business complementary to GE fits well with GE's aircraft engine industry?
2. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
3. How many candidates does Jack start with in 1994 as he seeks his successor?
4. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
5. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)