|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
(a) The Simpsons, Married with Children, and Get a Life.
(b) Frasier, Friends, and ER.
(c) Designing Women, 60 Minutes, and The Jeffersons.
(d) Roseanne, 20/20 and L.A. Law.
2. Which aspect of GE's business is most successful in India?
(b) Financial services.
(c) Medical systems.
3. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
(a) In 2000.
(b) In 1995.
(c) In 1999.
(d) In 1998.
4. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
(c) Boca Raton.
5. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
6. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
(a) Easy Internet advertising.
(c) Equal Opportunity Act.
7. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Japanese-American deal.
(b) The Japanese-American sanction.
(c) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
(d) The NAFTA deal.
8. Who initially questions GE's quality of products and services?
(a) Human resources.
(b) A governmental investigation.
9. How does Jack plan to select a successor that the board will unite behind?
(a) By creating new board positions.
(b) By deeply involving the board in the selection process.
(c) By adding himself to the board upon his retirement.
(d) By asking the board nicely to support his successor.
10. How much has the PCB levels in fish dropped since the congressional act?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 85 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
11. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) Landfill cleanup.
(b) River cleanup.
(c) A governmental bribe.
(d) Smog cleanup.
12. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) After GE buys CBS.
(b) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(c) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(d) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
13. To what does Jack compare his first 10 years as CEO?
(a) Primary school.
14. Which meeting is Jack's final farewell to the company?
(a) A Chamber of Commerce banquet..
(b) The annual GE 550 top leaders meeting.
(c) The annual training session.
(d) The semi-annual training session.
15. What is more important than strategy development?
(b) Knowing what stock holders want.
(c) Hiring employees that don't demand a lot of benefits.
(d) Getting the right people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
2. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
3. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
4. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
5. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)