|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) Jack walks away from negotiations.
(b) It is blocked.
(c) It goes through after much deliberation with share holders.
(d) It goes through easily.
2. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
(a) The Superfund Act.
(b) The American Anti-Trust Act.
(c) The European Commission.
(d) Congressional inquiries.
3. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Tiger Woods.
(c) Greg Norman.
(d) Matt Lauer.
4. Which aspect of GE's business is most successful in India?
(a) Financial services.
(d) Medical systems.
5. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(c) United States.
6. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(b) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(c) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(d) After GE buys CBS.
7. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
(a) Runs away.
(d) Also strangles.
8. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
9. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
10. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
(a) The God of Google.
(b) The Prince of Growth.
(c) The Priest of Growth.
(d) The Kasbah of Cash.
11. What is the term Jack coins for the process of people sitting down together spontaneously to hash out a complex issue?
12. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
13. By May 2001, which established TV show is Jack's competing with directly?
(a) Face the Nation.
(b) Lou Dobb's Moneyline.
(c) Larry King Live.
(d) Donny Deutch's The Big Idea.
14. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
(a) To compare heat rate and fuel burn in turbines.
(b) To compare the cost of fueling turbines.
(c) To compare the price of turbines.
(d) To compare the cost of heating turbines.
15. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
(a) New England and Greenwich.
(b) Japan and India.
(c) England and India.
(d) Wales and Brazil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack says China is more than a market. What does he say it is?
2. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
3. Who loves the idea of melding manufacturing with financial ingenuity?
4. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
5. What does Larry Bossidy present on Jack's behalf at the CEC meeting?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)