|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
(c) British Airways.
2. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
(a) Financial services investments.
(b) Medical investments.
(c) Improved public relations.
(d) Technology investments.
3. Who is recruited to help GE's online presence?
(a) Younger network-savvy talent.
(b) Younger computer game-savvy talent.
(c) Younger software-savvy talent.
(d) Younger Internet-savvy talent.
4. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) Landfill cleanup.
(b) Smog cleanup.
(c) River cleanup.
(d) A governmental bribe.
5. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Black Belt.
(b) Green Belt.
(c) Yellow Belt.
(d) Red Belt.
6. When does the list of candidates for Jack's successor narrow to the final three?
(a) In 1998.
(b) In 1995.
(c) In 2000.
(d) In 1999.
7. In the Epilogue, what does Jack once again stress as important to growing a business?
(a) Increasing pay.
(b) Reducing waste.
(c) Customer service.
8. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
(a) They flourish.
(b) They are shut down completely.
(c) Nothing changes.
(d) They are reduced.
9. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The Japanese-American sanction.
(b) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
(c) The NAFTA deal.
(d) The Japanese-American deal.
10. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(b) United States.
11. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
(a) Six Pence.
(b) Six Flags.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) Six Degrees.
12. To what is part of GE's annual $50 billion in goods and services transferred?
(a) Online auctions.
(b) Website production.
(c) Medical services.
(d) Lighting development.
13. Who transforms GE Capital from a purely financial business into a thriving business that uses deal-making for operational skills?
(a) Talent from GE's industrial business.
(b) Members of Elfun.
(c) Former college classmates of Jack's.
14. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
15. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) David Letterman.
(c) Tom Brokaw.
(d) Grant Tinker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years before his planned retirement does Jack begin the process of selecting a successor?
2. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
3. What most improves Jack's golf game?
4. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
5. Who sets the tone in a company and shares the best ideas and knowledge?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)