|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was ranked as the Number 1 CEO golfer by Golf Digest?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Jack Welch.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Scott McNealy.
2. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The PCB Act.
(b) The Superfund Act.
(c) The Super Clean Act.
(d) The Cleanup Fund Act.
3. Who sets the tone in a company and shares the best ideas and knowledge?
(a) The CEO.
(b) Human resources.
(c) The corporate attorney.
(d) The employees.
4. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(b) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(c) After GE buys CBS.
(d) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
5. What does GE reduce with its Internet sales?
(a) Customer satisfaction.
6. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
(a) Japanese women don't want to work for GE.
(b) The women working there did not meet his standards.
(c) There are only 3 women holding key positions.
(d) There are already 14 women holding key positions.
7. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(b) Kidder, Peabody.
(c) Chase, Manhattan.
8. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
(a) A boring work environment.
(b) Better relationships.
(c) Trouble to the bank account.
9. Which deal secures Japanese distributor Nagase & Co. as GE's new partner?
(a) The NAFTA deal.
(b) The Japanese-American deal.
(c) The Japanese-American sanction.
(d) The Mitui Petrochemical deal.
10. What is Gary Wendt's nickname?
(a) The Prince of Growth.
(b) The God of Google.
(c) The Priest of Growth.
(d) The Kasbah of Cash.
11. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
12. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
(d) British Airways.
13. Who does Golf Digest rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Scott McNealy.
(d) Jack Welch.
14. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(d) United States.
15. As Jack expands GE into globalization, what happens to U.S. jobs and facilities?
(a) They are reduced.
(b) They flourish.
(c) They are shut down completely.
(d) Nothing changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jack credit the success of GE Capital?
2. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
3. Which GE teams get projects including improving call centers, increasing factory capacity, and reducing billing errors and inventory?
4. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
5. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)