|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
2. Who earns the title "Father of GE Global Activity"?
3. What does Jack learn when he makes a trip to the company's facilities in Japan?
(a) There are already 14 women holding key positions.
(b) There are only 3 women holding key positions.
(c) Japanese women don't want to work for GE.
(d) The women working there did not meet his standards.
4. Which golf pro does Jack beat in a 1998 game?
(a) Matt Lauer.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Tiger Woods.
(d) Greg Norman.
5. Who does <i>Golf Digest</i> rank as the Number 2 CEO golfer?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Jack Welch.
(d) Scott McNealy.
6. As he leaves his position as GE's CEO, what type of workplace is Jack certain he built for the company?
(a) A meritocracy.
(b) A hierarchy.
(c) A bureaucracy.
(d) A monarchy.
7. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) The defense attorney.
(b) The leader of the House of Representatives.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The Senate.
8. Which medical equipment becomes the fastest selling CT scan, with a tube life of 500,000 scans?
(a) The LightSpeed CT.
(b) The Speed of Light CT.
(c) Speed the Light CT.
(d) The Lightening Speed CT.
9. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
(a) He promotes GE as the employer of choice for women.
(b) He appoints Anne Abaya to be head of the company's human resources in Japan.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) He pays a senior female employee who speaks Japanese to be in an ad campaign.
10. Where is the meeting held in which Jack gave his farewell speech?
(b) Boca Raton.
11. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(a) Expense reduction.
(b) Employee health care.
12. What most improves Jack's golf game?
(a) Motivational yoga before hitting the greens.
(b) Private lessons from Tiger Woods.
(c) Watching golf videos throughout the week.
(d) Breaking down the mechanics to teach his wife.
13. If bureaucracy strangles, what does informality do?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Also strangles.
14. What does Jack say that honesty and single agendas build?
(b) A boring work environment.
(c) Better relationships.
(d) Trouble to the bank account.
15. Which congressional act addresses PCB site cleanup?
(a) The Super Clean Act.
(b) The PCB Act.
(c) The Superfund Act.
(d) The Cleanup Fund Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do local utility engineers use GE's power systems home pages?
2. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
3. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
4. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
5. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)