|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
(a) A cable TV network.
(b) A satellite business.
(c) France's TV manufacturing market.
(d) Thomson's losing medical business.
2. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It is set by the Department of Education.
(b) It is derived by Jack himself.
(c) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(d) It is studied online.
3. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 2025.
(b) By 1990.
(c) By 1999.
(d) By 2000.
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(b) The other men in his office got more.
(c) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(d) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
5. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
6. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per month.
(b) $1,000 per year.
(c) $100 per month.
(d) $85 per month.
7. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His grandfather.
8. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
(b) Bell Telephone.
9. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
10. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
11. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife.
(d) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
12. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) Cable business.
(b) Semiconductor business.
(c) Refrigeration business.
(d) TV manufacturing business.
13. Which company originally used QMI?
14. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Finding a better way every day.
(b) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) What goes up, must come down.
15. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
(a) Section A.
(b) Series 1.
(c) Subgroup 2.
(d) Session C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
3. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
4. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
5. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)