|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company originally used QMI?
2. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(a) Boy Scouts of America.
(d) United Way.
3. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Lots of health care expenses.
(b) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(c) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(d) Lots of factory jobs.
4. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(b) No one else wanted the job.
(c) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(d) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
5. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(a) Mail Room.
6. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(b) They demand higher pay.
(c) They don't get excited about innovation.
(d) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
7. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
8. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By a good coach.
(b) By treating all employees the same.
(c) By treating individuals differently.
(d) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
9. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $100 per month.
(b) $1,000 per year.
(c) $1,000 per month.
(d) $85 per month.
10. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(b) It's too expensive to attend the training.
(c) The breakfasts are always the same.
(d) Everyone cannot attend the training.
11. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) The CEO's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His wife's death.
12. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(b) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(c) The other men in his office got more.
(d) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
13. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(a) General Electric.
14. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
15. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) Spontaneity and creativity.
(b) Success without failure.
(c) More medical plastics to save lives.
(d) Money and more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
2. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
3. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
4. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
5. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)