Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
2. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(b) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(c) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(d) He can get an insurance kickback.
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They appreciate it.
(b) They dread it.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) They all quit.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) Six Sigma.
5. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per month.
(b) $85 per month.
(c) $1,000 per year.
(d) $100 per month.
6. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Paolo Fresco.
7. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) All the big shots play golf.
(b) It's less violent than hockey.
(c) It is his favorite sport.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
8. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(b) Finding a better way every day.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) What goes up, must come down.
9. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
10. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
(a) $3.6 billion.
(b) $6.3 million.
(c) $3.6 million.
(d) $6.3 billion.
11. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
12. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
(b) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
(c) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
(d) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
13. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(a) Life of the party.
14. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(c) USA Today.
15. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(b) United Way.
(d) Boy Scouts of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
2. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
3. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
4. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
5. What is Jack's vision for GE?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)