|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(c) Independence Day.
2. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
(a) Jackie Neutron.
(b) Neutron Jack.
(c) Neuron Jack.
(d) Jimmy Neutron.
3. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 46 years.
4. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
(a) Subgroup 2.
(b) Session C.
(c) Series 1.
(d) Section A.
5. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Sun Records.
(b) Cox Communications.
(c) Fox News Network.
(d) NPR Radio.
6. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(c) Mail Room.
7. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
8. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(a) Satisfied customers.
(b) Law enforcement.
(c) Government work.
9. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(b) Lots of factory jobs.
(c) Lots of health care expenses.
(d) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
10. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
(a) The 90-degree evaluation.
(b) The 180-degree evaluation.
(c) The 6-degrees of separation.
(d) The 360-degree evaluation.
11. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
(a) HD TV requirements.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) Federal aid to companies.
(d) The purchase of RCA.
12. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(c) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(d) Internet, TV, and billboards.
13. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(b) Cheap labor.
(c) All American.
(d) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
14. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
15. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By walking several miles to the closest library.
(b) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(c) By watching them on TV.
(d) By reading comic books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
4. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
5. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)