|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
(a) With a time line.
(b) With a pyramid, top as the peak.
(c) With an inverted pyramid
(d) With overlapping circles.
2. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Jeff Immelt.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Harry Drickman.
3. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
(a) $6.3 million.
(b) $3.6 billion.
(c) $3.6 million.
(d) $6.3 billion.
4. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His coach.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His minister.
5. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
6. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After one year.
(b) After demanding it.
(c) After six months.
(d) After complaining.
7. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) Less work.
(b) Delegated authority.
(c) A worry stone.
(d) More responsibilities.
8. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six long years.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
9. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He is not sympathetic.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(c) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(d) He gets furious and fires him.
10. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Fox News Network.
(b) Cox Communications.
(c) NPR Radio.
(d) Sun Records.
11. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
12. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
(a) They are valuable tools in assessing job performance.
(b) They are used for firing people, never for promoting them.
(c) They have had the same typographical error for years.
(d) They are no more than routinely written forms of false kindness.
13. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(b) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(c) The other men in his office got more.
(d) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
14. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
15. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
2. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)