|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Roy Johnson.
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Six days.
3. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) The other men in his office got more.
(b) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(c) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(d) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
4. Which company originally used QMI?
5. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
(a) Session C.
(b) Subgroup 2.
(c) Series 1.
(d) Section A.
6. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 2000.
(b) By 1990.
(c) By 1999.
(d) By 2025.
7. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) His mother's health.
(b) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(c) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(d) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
8. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Cox Communications.
(b) NPR Radio.
(c) Sun Records.
(d) Fox News Network.
9. What does QMI stand for?
(a) Quick Market Interference.
(b) Quick Meaningful Intercommunication.
(c) Quick Market Intelligence.
(d) Quick Market Insulators.
10. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(c) Mail Room.
11. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It is derived by Jack himself.
(b) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(c) It is set by the Department of Education.
(d) It is studied online.
12. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Harry Drickman.
13. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(a) Law enforcement.
(b) Satisfied customers.
(d) Government work.
14. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Reg Jones.
15. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(b) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(c) He must learn all about the company.
(d) He must go back to college for extra classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
2. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
3. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
4. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
5. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)