|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per month.
(b) $85 per month.
(c) $1,000 per year.
(d) $100 per month.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(b) Life of the party.
3. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's less violent than hockey.
(d) All the big shots play golf.
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Building self-confidence in others.
(b) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(c) Being able to relax.
(d) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
5. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(b) General Electric.
6. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) His wife.
7. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(b) Independence Day.
8. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
(a) All employees having the freedom to brainstorm.
(b) More upper level management meetings at the training facility.
(c) All managers getting more training.
(d) All employees going to the training facility.
9. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(b) It's too expensive to attend the training.
(c) The breakfasts are always the same.
(d) Everyone cannot attend the training.
10. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) Success without failure.
(b) Money and more money.
(c) More medical plastics to save lives.
(d) Spontaneity and creativity.
11. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Lee Iacocca.
(b) Dr. Dan Fox.
(c) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(d) Burt Coplan.
12. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
(a) Jimmy Neutron.
(b) Neutron Jack.
(c) Neuron Jack.
(d) Jackie Neutron.
13. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(a) A dictatorship.
(c) A business-type monarchy.
14. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After demanding it.
(b) After one year.
(c) After complaining.
(d) After six months.
15. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) President and CEO.
(b) Human Resources Director.
(c) Publicity Director.
(d) General Manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
3. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
4. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
5. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)