|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
2. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Reg Jones.
3. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 28 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 46 years.
4. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(b) His mother's health.
(c) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(d) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six long years.
6. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bill and Ted.
(b) Art and Paul.
(c) Bud and Lou.
(d) Dennis and Bob.
7. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) The Japanese threat.
(b) HD TV requirements.
(c) Federal aid to companies.
(d) Cable television.
8. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) The breakfasts are always the same.
(b) Everyone cannot attend the training.
(c) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(d) It's too expensive to attend the training.
9. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) It is his favorite sport.
(b) All the big shots play golf.
(c) It's less violent than hockey.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
10. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
11. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
12. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Harry Drickman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
13. What does QMI stand for?
(a) Quick Market Interference.
(b) Quick Market Intelligence.
(c) Quick Market Insulators.
(d) Quick Meaningful Intercommunication.
14. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He flirts with a member's wife.
(b) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He insults a club member.
15. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(c) A braggart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company originally used QMI?
2. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
3. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
4. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
5. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)