|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, E-Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
(a) Neiman, Marcus.
(c) Kidder, Peabody.
(d) Chase, Manhattan.
2. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
(a) Technology investments.
(b) Medical investments.
(c) Improved public relations.
(d) Financial services investments.
3. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Cable television.
(b) The Japanese threat.
(c) HD TV requirements.
(d) Federal aid to companies.
4. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
(b) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
(c) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
(d) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
5. In GE's Internet business, what is the new role of salespeople?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
2. What kind of business is Pet Project?
3. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
4. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
5. What allows GE to expand markets and find new customers?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)