|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, E-Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
(a) With an inverted pyramid
(b) With overlapping circles.
(c) With a time line.
(d) With a pyramid, top as the peak.
2. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) Jay Leno.
(b) Tom Brokaw.
(c) David Letterman.
(d) Grant Tinker.
3. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Yellow Belt.
(b) Black Belt.
(c) Red Belt.
(d) Green Belt.
4. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) What goes up, must come down.
(b) Finding a better way every day.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
5. What is Jack's "Vitality Curve"?
(a) A cool gym added to each factory.
(b) An employee evaluation system.
(c) A pitch used by Jack at company softball games.
(d) An energy supplement Jack uses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
2. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
3. On which network does Jack host his own show?
4. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
5. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)