|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, E-Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
(b) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
(c) One-time bonus for all employees.
(d) Raises for all employees.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(c) Life of the party.
3. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
4. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
(b) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(c) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
(d) The case is dismissed.
5. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(d) USA Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
2. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
3. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
4. What is GE's only truly global business in the 1980s?
5. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)