|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, E-Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) Store credit.
(c) In-house financing.
(d) GE Credit Corp.
2. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Lots of health care expenses.
(b) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(c) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(d) Lots of factory jobs.
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) His mother begs him not to move far away.
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Mow lawns.
(b) Sing on the street corner.
(c) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(d) Sweep sidewalks.
5. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
(a) Subgroup 2.
(b) Session C.
(c) Series 1.
(d) Section A.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
2. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
3. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
4. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
5. Which India-based company becomes a GE partner in developing low-end, low-cost medical systems products?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)