|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, E-Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(b) United Way.
(d) Boy Scouts of America.
2. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(b) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(c) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
(d) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) His mother begs him not to move far away.
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hold them and when to fold them.
(b) To walk away and know when to run.
(c) To quit and when to fire.
(d) To hug and when to kick.
5. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
(a) Six Pence.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) Six Degrees.
(d) Six Flags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
2. Which GE teams get projects including improving call centers, increasing factory capacity, and reducing billing errors and inventory?
3. Which medical equipment becomes the fastest selling CT scan, with a tube life of 500,000 scans?
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
5. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)