|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) The CEO's death.
(d) His wife's death.
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(d) His mother's health.
3. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To walk away and know when to run.
(b) To hug and when to kick.
(c) To quit and when to fire.
(d) To hold them and when to fold them.
4. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(b) He gets furious and fires him.
(c) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(d) He is not sympathetic.
5. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Soft value of excellence investments.
(b) Hard-hat construction investments.
(c) Software investments.
(d) Hardware investments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
2. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
4. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
5. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)