|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(b) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(c) Lots of health care expenses.
(d) Lots of factory jobs.
2. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
3. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) One-time bonus for all employees.
(b) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
(c) Raises for all employees.
(d) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
4. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Wind turbines.
(c) Medical plastics.
(d) Petroleum conservation.
5. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) If a business is profitable, save money by laying off a few people.
(b) If a business is profitable, constantly find ways to make it more profitable.
(c) If a business is profitable, don't get out or change it.
(d) If a business is profitable, sell while the stock shares are high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
3. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
4. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
5. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)