|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Cable television.
(b) The Japanese threat.
(c) HD TV requirements.
(d) Federal aid to companies.
2. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
(a) $3.6 million.
(b) $3.6 billion.
(c) $6.3 billion.
(d) $6.3 million.
3. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
(a) Jackie Neutron.
(b) Jimmy Neutron.
(c) Neuron Jack.
(d) Neutron Jack.
4. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
(b) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
(c) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
(d) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
5. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(b) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
(c) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(d) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
3. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
4. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
5. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)