|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must learn all about the company.
(b) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(c) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(d) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
2. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
(a) The 90-degree evaluation.
(b) The 180-degree evaluation.
(c) The 360-degree evaluation.
(d) The 6-degrees of separation.
3. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By treating all employees the same.
(b) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(c) By a good coach.
(d) By treating individuals differently.
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) All the big shots play golf.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
(d) It's less violent than hockey.
5. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
2. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
5. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)