|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) No one else wanted the job.
(b) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(c) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(d) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
2. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
(a) Dealing with sales reps and accounts payable.
(b) Dealing with human resources and internship programs.
(c) Dealing with the government and media.
(d) Dealing with employees and insurance companies.
3. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) Human Resources Director.
(b) General Manager.
(c) President and CEO.
(d) Publicity Director.
4. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Federal aid to companies.
(b) HD TV requirements.
(c) The Japanese threat.
(d) Cable television.
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(b) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(c) Building self-confidence in others.
(d) Being able to relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
2. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
3. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
4. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
5. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)