|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After six months.
(b) After one year.
(c) After demanding it.
(d) After complaining.
2. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
(a) The 180-degree evaluation.
(b) The 6-degrees of separation.
(c) The 90-degree evaluation.
(d) The 360-degree evaluation.
3. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
(b) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
(c) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(d) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
4. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's expenditures.
(b) The company's investments in internship programs.
(c) The company's investments abroad.
(d) The person he is.
5. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
4. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)