|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
2. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
(a) Where they come from is not indicative of how they will perform.
(b) Hires from an ivy-league school always perform better.
(c) It doesn't matter where they're from, it's what they look like that matters.
(d) Employees without degrees will never work out for long periods of time.
3. According to an employee evaluation system, which employees are passionate, innovative, open minded, and creative?
4. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) They demand higher pay.
(b) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(c) They don't get excited about innovation.
(d) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They dread it.
(b) They all quit.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) They appreciate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
5. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)