|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) All American.
(b) Cheap labor.
(c) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(d) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) The Management Circle.
3. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(a) Mail Room.
4. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(b) Buying his way to the top.
(c) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(d) His keen leadership abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
2. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
4. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
5. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)