|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
(a) $3.6 million.
(b) $3.6 billion.
(c) $6.3 billion.
(d) $6.3 million.
2. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's investments abroad.
(b) The person he is.
(c) The company's investments in internship programs.
(d) The company's expenditures.
3. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
(a) The 6-degrees of separation.
(b) The 360-degree evaluation.
(c) The 90-degree evaluation.
(d) The 180-degree evaluation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
2. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
3. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
4. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
5. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)