|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(b) He must learn all about the company.
(c) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(d) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Six days.
3. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(c) USA Today.
4. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(b) He gets furious and fires him.
(c) He is not sympathetic.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
5. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) For a business to be sustainable, it must have a long-range competitive solution.
(b) Use the media to make your company look like it's doing better than it really is.
(c) When a business is showing a loss, fix it on the surface and sell quickly.
(d) For a business to be profitable, it must have a margin of 90 percent or greater.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
3. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
4. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
5. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)