|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
(b) One-time bonus for all employees.
(c) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
(d) Raises for all employees.
2. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
(a) With a time line.
(b) With a pyramid, top as the peak.
(c) With an inverted pyramid
(d) With overlapping circles.
3. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(b) Lots of health care expenses.
(c) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(d) Lots of factory jobs.
4. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) A worry stone.
(b) More responsibilities.
(c) Less work.
(d) Delegated authority.
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(b) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(c) Buying his way to the top.
(d) His keen leadership abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
2. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
3. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
4. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
5. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)