|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Burt Coplan.
(b) Dr. Dan Fox.
(c) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(d) Lee Iacocca.
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Art and Paul.
(b) Bill and Ted.
(c) Bud and Lou.
(d) Dennis and Bob.
3. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(b) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(c) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(d) He must learn all about the company.
4. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(c) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(d) Internet, TV, and billboards.
5. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
2. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
3. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
4. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
5. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)