|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
2. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) Publicity Director.
(b) Human Resources Director.
(c) General Manager.
(d) President and CEO.
3. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(c) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(d) His wife.
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(c) A braggart.
5. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(c) Life of the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
3. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
4. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
5. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)