|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(c) Boy Scouts of America.
(d) United Way.
2. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
3. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(b) Government work.
(c) Satisfied customers.
(d) Law enforcement.
4. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(d) Independence Day.
5. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) One-time bonus for all employees.
(b) Raises for all employees.
(c) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
(d) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
2. What is Jack's vision for GE?
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
5. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)