|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Federal aid to companies.
(b) HD TV requirements.
(c) Cable television.
(d) The Japanese threat.
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six long years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Sixteen months.
3. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) Refrigeration business.
(b) TV manufacturing business.
(c) Cable business.
(d) Semiconductor business.
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(c) Life of the party.
5. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(c) USA Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
3. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
4. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
5. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)