|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) The R&D Report.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) Six Sigma.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(b) A braggart.
3. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(b) United Way.
(d) Boy Scouts of America.
4. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) More medical plastics to save lives.
(b) Spontaneity and creativity.
(c) Success without failure.
(d) Money and more money.
5. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
(a) Session C.
(b) Subgroup 2.
(c) Series 1.
(d) Section A.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
2. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
4. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
5. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)