|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(b) It almost falls through completely.
(c) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(d) It grows fast.
2. What are the 4 E's of GE leadership?
(a) High Energy, ability to Energize others, the Edge to make tough decisions, and the ability to Execute and deliver on promises.
(b) Experience, Extravagance, Excellence, desire to be Elevated to a new level.
(c) Edgy thinking, Extreme willingness to take risks, Easy to talk to, Everyone likes.
(d) Energy to work a lot, Email skills, E-commerce skills and Experience.
3. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
4. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) Store credit.
(c) GE Credit Corp.
(d) In-house financing.
5. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Harry Drickman.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Reg Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
2. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
3. What are the human resources meetings called that are held at each GE business location?
4. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
5. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)