|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He insults a club member.
(b) He flirts with a member's wife.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He breaks a window with a golf club.
2. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(b) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(c) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(d) Internet, TV, and billboards.
3. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Hard-hat construction investments.
(b) Software investments.
(c) Soft value of excellence investments.
(d) Hardware investments.
4. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) The Harvard Alumni Association.
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six days.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
2. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
3. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
4. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
5. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)