|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(b) Independence Day.
2. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Wind turbines.
(b) Petroleum conservation.
(c) Medical plastics.
3. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(b) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(c) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(d) The other men in his office got more.
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
3. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
4. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
5. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)