|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Art and Paul.
(b) Dennis and Bob.
(c) Bud and Lou.
(d) Bill and Ted.
2. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Harry Trumann.
3. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(b) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(c) All American.
(d) Cheap labor.
4. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Lots of factory jobs.
(b) Lots of health care expenses.
(c) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(d) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
5. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
3. What is Jack's vision for GE?
4. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
5. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)