|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He is not sympathetic.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(c) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(d) He gets furious and fires him.
2. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
3. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His mother.
(b) His minister.
(c) His coach.
(d) His father.
4. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
(a) Peter Drucker.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Bill Druckerman.
(d) Reg Jones.
5. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) The R&D Report.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) Six Sigma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
3. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
4. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)