|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) Buying his way to the top.
(d) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(a) A braggart.
3. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
(a) HD TV requirements.
(b) The purchase of RCA.
(c) Federal aid to companies.
(d) The Japanese.
4. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
(a) Cable television.
(b) HD TV requirements.
(c) The Japanese threat.
(d) Federal aid to companies.
5. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(c) A business-type monarchy.
(d) A dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
2. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
3. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
4. What, according to Jack, is GE's core competency?
5. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)