|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
(d) USA Today.
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(b) No one else wanted the job.
(c) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(d) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(b) He can get an insurance kickback.
(c) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(d) His employees are obese and need a workout.
4. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Burt Coplan.
(b) Lee Iacocca.
(c) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(d) Dr. Dan Fox.
5. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(d) Life of the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evaluation system that works well for several years, until employees find a way to "game" it?
2. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
3. What does Jack say in a <i>Business Week</i> interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
4. What nickname does the media pin on Jack?
5. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)