|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The People Factory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(b) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(c) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(d) No one else wanted the job.
2. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) President and CEO.
(b) General Manager.
(c) Human Resources Director.
(d) Publicity Director.
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bud and Lou.
(b) Dennis and Bob.
(c) Bill and Ted.
(d) Art and Paul.
4. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(b) Burt Coplan.
(c) Dr. Dan Fox.
(d) Lee Iacocca.
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sing on the street corner.
(b) Mow lawns.
(c) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(d) Sweep sidewalks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
2. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
3. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)