|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) Six Sigma.
3. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
(a) They are no more than routinely written forms of false kindness.
(b) They have had the same typographical error for years.
(c) They are used for firing people, never for promoting them.
(d) They are valuable tools in assessing job performance.
4. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Jeff Immelt.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Roy Johnson.
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) They appreciate it.
(c) They all quit.
(d) They dread it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
3. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
4. Whose business management concepts does Jack use to support his ideas of good and bad business?
5. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)