|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After complaining.
(b) After one year.
(c) After demanding it.
(d) After six months.
2. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) All American.
(b) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
3. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) A worry stone.
(b) Less work.
(c) Delegated authority.
(d) More responsibilities.
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(b) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(c) The other men in his office got more.
(d) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
5. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Wind turbines.
(b) Petroleum conservation.
(d) Medical plastics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
2. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
3. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
4. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
5. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)