|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(b) All American.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) Devoted time-clock punchers.
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) The R&D Report.
3. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) Ronald Regan.
(b) Harry Trumann.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) George W. Bush.
4. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(d) Roy Johnson.
5. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
(b) Bell Telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
2. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
3. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
4. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
5. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)