|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) Six Sigma.
2. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) Less work.
(b) Delegated authority.
(c) More responsibilities.
(d) A worry stone.
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(b) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(c) Buying his way to the top.
(d) His keen leadership abilities.
4. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must learn all about the company.
(b) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(c) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(d) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
5. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Software investments.
(b) Soft value of excellence investments.
(c) Hard-hat construction investments.
(d) Hardware investments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
2. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
3. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
5. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)