|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The R&D Report.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) The GE Vortex.
2. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(c) Internet, TV, and billboards.
(d) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(b) Buying his way to the top.
(c) His keen leadership abilities.
(d) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
4. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Soft value of excellence investments.
(b) Software investments.
(c) Hardware investments.
(d) Hard-hat construction investments.
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) The CEO's death.
(d) His wife's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
2. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
3. What is Jack's vision for GE?
4. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
5. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)