|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Harry Drickman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) The R&D Report.
3. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's investments in internship programs.
(b) The person he is.
(c) The company's expenditures.
(d) The company's investments abroad.
4. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) They all quit.
(c) They dread it.
(d) They appreciate it.
5. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) It almost falls through completely.
(d) It grows fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
2. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
3. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
5. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)