|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(b) It almost falls through completely.
(c) It grows fast.
(d) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
2. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Theater janitor.
(b) Mail carrier.
(c) Newspaper carrier.
(d) Shoe salesman.
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) The GE Vortex.
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) The other men in his office got more.
(b) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(c) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(d) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
5. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's investments in internship programs.
(b) The company's expenditures.
(c) The person he is.
(d) The company's investments abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
3. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)