|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) He can get an insurance kickback.
(b) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(c) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(d) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His coach.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
4. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(b) He must learn all about the company.
(c) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(d) He must go back to college for extra classes.
5. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Harry Drickman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Roy Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
2. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
4. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
5. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)