|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He shows up for work drunk.
(b) He insults a club member.
(c) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
2. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
(b) Raises for all employees.
(c) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
(d) One-time bonus for all employees.
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(b) He gets furious and fires him.
(c) He is not sympathetic.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
4. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
(a) With a time line.
(b) With an inverted pyramid
(c) With a pyramid, top as the peak.
(d) With overlapping circles.
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) The CEO's death.
(d) His wife's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
2. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
4. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
5. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)