|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) One-time bonus for all employees.
(b) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
(c) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
(d) Raises for all employees.
2. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His coach.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
(a) Where they come from is not indicative of how they will perform.
(b) Hires from an ivy-league school always perform better.
(c) Employees without degrees will never work out for long periods of time.
(d) It doesn't matter where they're from, it's what they look like that matters.
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) Buying his way to the top.
(d) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
2. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
3. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
4. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
5. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)