|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's investments in internship programs.
(b) The person he is.
(c) The company's investments abroad.
(d) The company's expenditures.
2. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) Ronald Regan.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Harry Trumann.
(d) George W. Bush.
3. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It almost falls through completely.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(d) It grows fast.
4. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His coach.
5. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Petroleum conservation.
(b) Wind turbines.
(d) Medical plastics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
2. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
3. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
4. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
5. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)