|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
(a) Hires from an ivy-league school always perform better.
(b) Employees without degrees will never work out for long periods of time.
(c) It doesn't matter where they're from, it's what they look like that matters.
(d) Where they come from is not indicative of how they will perform.
2. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Jeff Immelt.
(b) Harry Drickman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Reg Jones.
3. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) If a business is profitable, sell while the stock shares are high.
(b) If a business is profitable, save money by laying off a few people.
(c) If a business is profitable, don't get out or change it.
(d) If a business is profitable, constantly find ways to make it more profitable.
4. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(c) Independence Day.
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(d) Buying his way to the top.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
2. What is Jack's vision for GE?
3. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
5. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)