|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack illustrate his "No. 1 or No. 2, Fix, Sell or Close" strategy?
(a) With overlapping circles.
(b) With a pyramid, top as the peak.
(c) With a time line.
(d) With an inverted pyramid
2. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Wind turbines.
(b) Petroleum conservation.
(c) Medical plastics.
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They appreciate it.
(b) They all quit.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) They dread it.
4. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Harry Drickman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Roy Johnson.
5. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
4. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)