|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(b) Lots of health care expenses.
(c) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(d) Lots of factory jobs.
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His coach.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per year.
(b) $100 per month.
(c) $85 per month.
(d) $1,000 per month.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) The R&D Report.
5. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Internet, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(c) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(d) Radio, TV, and billboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's business philosophy of the 1980s?
2. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
3. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)