|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are GE's profits used in 1984?
(a) One-time bonus for all employees.
(b) Raises for all employees.
(c) Nice bonuses for upper level execs.
(d) Reinvested to improve the company's competitiveness.
2. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
3. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(b) Boy Scouts of America.
(c) United Way.
4. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(b) He must learn all about the company.
(c) He must practice better hiring procedures.
(d) He must go back to college for extra classes.
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Lee Iacocca.
(b) Dr. Dan Fox.
(c) Burt Coplan.
(d) Dr. Harry Drickman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which magazine features Jacks "No. 1 or No. 2" strategy in a cover story?
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)