|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) They all quit.
(b) They dread it.
(c) They appreciate it.
(d) It is uncomfortable.
2. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Paolo Fresco.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Reg Jones.
3. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
4. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(b) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) All American.
5. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(b) They don't get excited about innovation.
(c) They demand higher pay.
(d) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
3. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)