|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(b) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(c) The other men in his office got more.
(d) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
2. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His minister.
(d) His coach.
3. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He shows up for work drunk.
(b) He flirts with a member's wife.
(c) He insults a club member.
(d) He breaks a window with a golf club.
4. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(b) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(c) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(d) His wife.
5. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $85 per month.
(b) $1,000 per month.
(c) $1,000 per year.
(d) $100 per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
2. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
3. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
4. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
5. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)