|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(b) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(c) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(d) Internet, TV, and billboards.
2. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(d) A braggart.
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(b) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(c) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(d) The other men in his office got more.
5. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After demanding it.
(b) After six months.
(c) After one year.
(d) After complaining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
2. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
3. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
4. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)