|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's expenditures.
(b) The company's investments abroad.
(c) The person he is.
(d) The company's investments in internship programs.
2. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
3. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
(b) It's less violent than hockey.
(c) All the big shots play golf.
(d) It is his favorite sport.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) Six Sigma.
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sweep sidewalks.
(b) Mow lawns.
(c) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(d) Sing on the street corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
4. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
5. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)