|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sing on the street corner.
(b) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(c) Mow lawns.
(d) Sweep sidewalks.
2. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Dennis and Bob.
(b) Bill and Ted.
(c) Art and Paul.
(d) Bud and Lou.
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
2. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
5. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)