|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Sun Records.
(b) Cox Communications.
(c) Fox News Network.
(d) NPR Radio.
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Dennis and Bob.
(b) Art and Paul.
(c) Bill and Ted.
(d) Bud and Lou.
3. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(b) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(c) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(d) The other men in his office got more.
4. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His coach.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Jeff Immelt.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Harry Drickman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)