|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
2. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
3. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After one year.
(b) After six months.
(c) After demanding it.
(d) After complaining.
4. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By treating individuals differently.
(b) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(c) By a good coach.
(d) By treating all employees the same.
5. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(b) It grows fast.
(c) It almost falls through completely.
(d) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
2. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
3. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
4. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)