|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) Store credit.
(b) GE Credit Corp.
(c) In-house financing.
3. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Jeff Immelt.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Harry Drickman.
4. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It grows fast.
(b) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(c) It almost falls through completely.
(d) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(c) He is not sympathetic.
(d) He gets furious and fires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)