|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
2. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Harry Drickman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Roy Johnson.
3. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) The CEO's death.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) His father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
5. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)