|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(a) A business-type monarchy.
(d) A dictatorship.
2. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Paolo Fresco.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Bill Druckerman.
(d) Reg Jones.
4. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By a good coach.
(b) By treating individuals differently.
(c) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(d) By treating all employees the same.
5. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per year.
(b) $100 per month.
(c) $85 per month.
(d) $1,000 per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
2. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
3. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
4. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)