|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(b) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
2. What is one business in his vice president's portfolio that Jack has no interest in at all?
(a) Medical plastics.
(c) Petroleum conservation.
(d) Wind turbines.
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $1,000 per year.
(b) $100 per month.
(c) $1,000 per month.
(d) $85 per month.
4. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) They don't get excited about innovation.
(b) They demand higher pay.
(c) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
(d) All they think about his getting their products sold.
5. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) It almost falls through completely.
(d) It grows fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
5. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)