|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
(a) General Manager.
(b) Human Resources Director.
(c) Publicity Director.
(d) President and CEO.
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Sun Records.
(b) NPR Radio.
(c) Cox Communications.
(d) Fox News Network.
3. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
4. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Theater janitor.
(b) Shoe salesman.
(c) Mail carrier.
(d) Newspaper carrier.
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(b) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(c) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(d) No one else wanted the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
2. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
3. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
5. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)