|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
2. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Theater janitor.
(b) Mail carrier.
(c) Shoe salesman.
(d) Newspaper carrier.
3. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) The other men in his office got more.
(b) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(c) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(d) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
4. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(a) A business-type monarchy.
(c) A dictatorship.
5. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bill and Ted.
(b) Dennis and Bob.
(c) Art and Paul.
(d) Bud and Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
2. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
3. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)