|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His minister.
(d) His coach.
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After one year.
(b) After demanding it.
(c) After complaining.
(d) After six months.
3. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
4. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(d) Buying his way to the top.
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) They all quit.
(c) They appreciate it.
(d) They dread it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
3. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
5. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)