|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Harry Drickman.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Roy Johnson.
2. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(b) Internet, TV, and billboards.
(c) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(d) Radio, TV, and park benches.
3. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The company's investments abroad.
(b) The person he is.
(c) The company's expenditures.
(d) The company's investments in internship programs.
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(c) He is not sympathetic.
(d) He gets furious and fires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
3. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)