|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His coach.
(d) His father.
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) His mother's health.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(d) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
3. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
4. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(c) Independence Day.
5. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The person he is.
(b) The company's investments in internship programs.
(c) The company's expenditures.
(d) The company's investments abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
2. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
3. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
4. How old is Jack when he is promoted to a vice president for GE?
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)