|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It almost falls through completely.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(d) It grows fast.
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(b) Store credit.
(c) GE Credit Corp.
(d) In-house financing.
3. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
4. What does Jack learn he must do in order to succeed at GE?
(a) He must work in the boiler room with the lowest paid employees.
(b) He must learn all about the company.
(c) He must go back to college for extra classes.
(d) He must practice better hiring procedures.
5. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
(a) It doesn't matter where they're from, it's what they look like that matters.
(b) Employees without degrees will never work out for long periods of time.
(c) Where they come from is not indicative of how they will perform.
(d) Hires from an ivy-league school always perform better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
2. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
4. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
5. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)