|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack learn from GE veterans about the company's routine employee appraisals?
(a) They are used for firing people, never for promoting them.
(b) They are valuable tools in assessing job performance.
(c) They are no more than routinely written forms of false kindness.
(d) They have had the same typographical error for years.
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
(b) They don't get excited about innovation.
(c) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(d) They demand higher pay.
3. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Jeff Immelt.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Harry Drickman.
4. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(a) Mail Room.
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(b) Being able to relax.
(c) Building self-confidence in others.
(d) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
3. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
5. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)