|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
2. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(b) It grows fast.
(c) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(d) It almost falls through completely.
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The R&D Report.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The GE Vortex.
(d) Six Sigma.
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six long years.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(b) Burt Coplan.
(c) Dr. Dan Fox.
(d) Lee Iacocca.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
3. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
4. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
5. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)