|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(b) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(c) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(d) No one else wanted the job.
3. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His coach.
(b) His minister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
2. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
3. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
4. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
5. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)