|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He shows up for work drunk.
(b) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(c) He insults a club member.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His coach.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six long years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To walk away and know when to run.
(b) To quit and when to fire.
(c) To hug and when to kick.
(d) To hold them and when to fold them.
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He is not sympathetic.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(c) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(d) He gets furious and fires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
2. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
3. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
4. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
5. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)