|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
2. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
3. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(b) No one else wanted the job.
(c) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(d) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
4. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(d) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
5. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By watching them on TV.
(b) By walking several miles to the closest library.
(c) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(d) By reading comic books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)