|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By walking several miles to the closest library.
(b) By reading comic books.
(c) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(d) By watching them on TV.
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The R&D Report.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) The GE Vortex.
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He gets furious and fires him.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(c) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(d) He is not sympathetic.
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) All the big shots play golf.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's less violent than hockey.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hug and when to kick.
(b) To walk away and know when to run.
(c) To quit and when to fire.
(d) To hold them and when to fold them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
2. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
3. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
4. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
5. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)