|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By watching them on TV.
(b) By reading comic books.
(c) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(d) By walking several miles to the closest library.
2. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He insults a club member.
(b) He shows up for work drunk.
(c) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
3. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(c) Independence Day.
4. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) His wife.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(d) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(b) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(c) No one else wanted the job.
(d) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
2. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
4. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)