|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Newspaper carrier.
(b) Shoe salesman.
(c) Mail carrier.
(d) Theater janitor.
2. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He shows up for work drunk.
(b) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(c) He flirts with a member's wife.
(d) He insults a club member.
3. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(b) They demand higher pay.
(c) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
(d) They don't get excited about innovation.
4. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His coach.
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(b) His keen leadership abilities.
(c) Buying his way to the top.
(d) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
2. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
3. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
4. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
5. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)