|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He insults a club member.
(b) He shows up for work drunk.
(c) He flirts with a member's wife.
(d) He breaks a window with a golf club.
2. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
3. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coach.
(c) His father.
(d) His minister.
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(b) Sweep sidewalks.
(c) Sing on the street corner.
(d) Mow lawns.
5. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(b) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) His mother begs him not to move far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
2. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
3. What does Jack say in a Business Week interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)