|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(b) He insults a club member.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
2. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
3. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(b) No one else wanted the job.
(c) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(d) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hold them and when to fold them.
(b) To hug and when to kick.
(c) To quit and when to fire.
(d) To walk away and know when to run.
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sweep sidewalks.
(b) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(c) Mow lawns.
(d) Sing on the street corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
3. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)