|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
3. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) His wife.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sweep sidewalks.
(b) Mow lawns.
(c) Sing on the street corner.
(d) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) They all quit.
(c) They appreciate it.
(d) They dread it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
3. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
4. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
5. What does Jack say his book is about?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)