|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He insults a club member.
(b) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He flirts with a member's wife.
2. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He is not sympathetic.
(b) He gets furious and fires him.
(c) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
3. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By a good coach.
(b) By treating all employees the same.
(c) By treating individuals differently.
(d) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
4. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(a) A business-type monarchy.
(d) A dictatorship.
5. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Harry Drickman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
2. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
3. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)