|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Harry Drickman.
(b) Jeff Immelt.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Roy Johnson.
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
(c) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(d) His keen leadership abilities.
3. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(b) By treating individuals differently.
(c) By a good coach.
(d) By treating all employees the same.
4. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(b) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(c) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(d) The other men in his office got more.
5. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By reading comic books.
(b) By walking several miles to the closest library.
(c) By watching them on TV.
(d) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
3. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)