|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Dr. Dan Fox.
(b) Burt Coplan.
(c) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(d) Lee Iacocca.
2. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By watching them on TV.
(b) By reading comic books.
(c) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(d) By walking several miles to the closest library.
3. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
(c) Independence Day.
4. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
5. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) No one else wanted the job.
(b) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(c) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(d) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
3. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
4. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
5. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)