|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
(a) It was enough to raise his income taxes.
(b) Everyone in his office got the same amount.
(c) It wasn't enough to buy the new house.
(d) The other men in his office got more.
3. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) A business-type monarchy.
4. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His mother.
5. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Harry Drickman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Jeff Immelt.
(d) Roy Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
2. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)