|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He is not sympathetic.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
(c) He gets furious and fires him.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(b) No one else wanted the job.
(c) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(d) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
3. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(b) Buying his way to the top.
(c) His keen leadership abilities.
(d) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
4. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His coach.
(b) His mother.
(c) His minister.
(d) His father.
5. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Shoe salesman.
(b) Theater janitor.
(c) Mail carrier.
(d) Newspaper carrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
2. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
3. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
4. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
5. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)