|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
2. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coach.
(c) His father.
(d) His minister.
3. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
4. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
(a) By treating individuals differently.
(b) By appointing leaders who are louder than the others.
(c) By treating all employees the same.
(d) By a good coach.
5. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) The Management Circle.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) Six Sigma.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
2. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)