|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Dr. Dan Fox.
(b) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(c) Burt Coplan.
(d) Lee Iacocca.
2. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) They demand higher pay.
(b) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(c) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
(d) They don't get excited about innovation.
3. How much was Jack's first pay raise at GE?
(a) $85 per month.
(b) $100 per month.
(c) $1,000 per year.
(d) $1,000 per month.
4. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
5. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He is not sympathetic.
(b) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(c) He gets furious and fires him.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
2. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
3. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
4. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
5. How do GE employees take Jack's view on the work environment?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)