|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
2. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(b) Sweep sidewalks.
(c) Sing on the street corner.
(d) Mow lawns.
3. What does Jack say in a <i>Business Week</i> interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
(a) The person he is.
(b) The company's expenditures.
(c) The company's investments in internship programs.
(d) The company's investments abroad.
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The R&D Report.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) The Management Circle.
5. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
2. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)