|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After complaining.
(b) After six months.
(c) After one year.
(d) After demanding it.
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) The R&D Report.
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) All the big shots play golf.
(b) It's less violent than hockey.
(c) It is his favorite sport.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Being able to relax.
(b) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(c) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(d) Building self-confidence in others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
2. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
3. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)