|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Burt Coplan.
(b) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(c) Dr. Dan Fox.
(d) Lee Iacocca.
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) No one else wanted the job.
(b) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(c) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
(d) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
3. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Harry Drickman.
(d) Jeff Immelt.
4. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Sing on the street corner.
(b) Mow lawns.
(c) Sweep sidewalks.
(d) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
5. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
(a) All they think about his getting their products sold.
(b) They don't understand entrepreneurship.
(c) They don't get excited about innovation.
(d) They demand higher pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
2. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
3. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
4. How does Jack say strong teams are built?
5. How many years does Jack serve as CEO of General Electric?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)