|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
2. Why was Jack appointed CEO of the company?
(a) No one else wanted the job.
(b) The retiring CEO believes Jack is the one who can most effectively help the company change and grow.
(c) Everyone else was fired after the scandal. Jack was the only one with seniority.
(d) Jack was the retiring CEO's nephew.
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His coach.
4. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
5. Who replaces Jack as CEO of General Electric?
(a) Harry Drickman.
(b) Jeff Immelt.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Reg Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say his book is about?
2. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. Why does Jack get frustrated with the plastics inventors?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)