Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "New Guy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) River cleanup.
(b) Landfill cleanup.
(c) Smog cleanup.
(d) A governmental bribe.
2. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
(a) If a business is profitable, save money by laying off a few people.
(b) If a business is profitable, don't get out or change it.
(c) If a business is profitable, sell while the stock shares are high.
(d) If a business is profitable, constantly find ways to make it more profitable.
3. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What does Jack decide is the best way to differentiate GE from Japanese companies?
(a) He appoints Anne Abaya to be head of the company's human resources in Japan.
(b) He pays a senior female employee who speaks Japanese to be in an ad campaign.
(c) He promotes GE as the employer of choice for women.
(d) All the answers are correct.
5. Who initially questions GE's quality of products and services?
(b) Human resources.
(c) A governmental investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
2. What is Jack's highest level of education when he begins working at GE?
3. Which electrical insulator is deemed a hazardous material by the EPA?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
5. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)