Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22, E-Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(c) Chase, Manhattan.
(d) Kidder, Peabody.
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Fox News Network.
(b) Sun Records.
(c) Cox Communications.
(d) NPR Radio.
3. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
4. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
(a) Who is being considered for promotion.
(b) That the company spends a lot on training.
(c) That the company invests a lot on training.
(d) There is no single right way and often there is an alternate, better way.
5. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) George H.W. Bush.
(d) Gerald Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about a business-altering deal for GE in the mid 1980s?
2. What does Jack say in a <i>Business Week</i> interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
3. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
4. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
5. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)