|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, When to Fight, When to Fold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
(a) All employees going to the training facility.
(b) More upper level management meetings at the training facility.
(c) All employees having the freedom to brainstorm.
(d) All managers getting more training.
2. What does Jack say he learned the hard way about hiring employees with academic pedigrees?
(a) Where they come from is not indicative of how they will perform.
(b) Employees without degrees will never work out for long periods of time.
(c) It doesn't matter where they're from, it's what they look like that matters.
(d) Hires from an ivy-league school always perform better.
3. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(b) Law enforcement.
(c) Satisfied customers.
(d) Government work.
4. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(b) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(c) Lots of health care expenses.
(d) Lots of factory jobs.
5. How long does it take GE to build the number 1 ultrasound imaging technology?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the accepted business philosophy of the 1980s?
2. What does Jack say in a <i>Business Week</i> interview that he realizes he should not change in order to make GE become more competitive?
3. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
4. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
5. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)