Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Neutron Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(b) In-house financing.
(c) GE Credit Corp.
(d) Store credit.
2. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After demanding it.
(b) After six months.
(c) After one year.
(d) After complaining.
3. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It grows fast.
(b) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(c) It almost falls through completely.
(d) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
4. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Software investments.
(b) Soft value of excellence investments.
(c) Hardware investments.
(d) Hard-hat construction investments.
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Paolo Fresco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
2. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
3. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
4. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)