|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Swimming in a Bigger Pond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
(a) Life of the party.
2. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) All the big shots play golf.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's less violent than hockey.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
3. What is the response of Jack's boss when Jack complains about his first pay raise?
(a) He agrees and gives Jack a title, but not more money.
(b) He is not sympathetic.
(c) He gets furious and fires him.
(d) He agrees and gives Jack more money.
4. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
5. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Roy Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack dissatisfied with his first raise?
2. What kind of environment does Jack say is best for making necessary changes and modernizing the company?
3. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
4. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
5. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)