Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blowing the Roof Off.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack get his first pay raise at GE?
(a) After demanding it.
(b) After one year.
(c) After complaining.
(d) After six months.
2. What does Jack say his book is about?
(a) Buying his way to the top.
(b) Maintaining a simple approach and keeping an open mind.
(c) His keen leadership abilities.
(d) The wrongs he faced in corporate America.
3. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Newspaper carrier.
(b) Shoe salesman.
(c) Mail carrier.
(d) Theater janitor.
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Six months.
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(b) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. Who does Jack succeed as CEO of General Electric?
3. In which year was Jack appointed as CEO?
4. How old is Jack when he begins working at GE?
5. During which holiday is Jack's replacement named?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)