|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
(d) British Airways.
2. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
(a) Government work.
(b) Satisfied customers.
(c) Law enforcement.
3. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Burt Coplan.
(b) Dr. Dan Fox.
(c) Lee Iacocca.
(d) Dr. Harry Drickman.
4. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
(a) Red Belt.
(b) Black Belt.
(c) Yellow Belt.
(d) Green Belt.
5. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Sun Records.
(b) NPR Radio.
(c) Cox Communications.
(d) Fox News Network.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
2. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
3. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
4. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
5. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)