|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His coach.
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) NPR Radio.
(b) Fox News Network.
(c) Cox Communications.
(d) Sun Records.
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) He can get an insurance kickback.
(b) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(c) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
(d) His employees are obese and need a workout.
4. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
(a) There is no single right way and often there is an alternate, better way.
(b) Who is being considered for promotion.
(c) That the company spends a lot on training.
(d) That the company invests a lot on training.
5. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The defense attorney.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The leader of the House of Representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
2. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
3. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
4. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
5. How long were Jack and his first wife married?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)