|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
(a) A cable TV network.
(b) A satellite business.
(c) Thomson's losing medical business.
(d) France's TV manufacturing market.
2. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
3. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
(a) There is no single right way and often there is an alternate, better way.
(b) That the company spends a lot on training.
(c) Who is being considered for promotion.
(d) That the company invests a lot on training.
4. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(b) His mother's health.
(c) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(d) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Building self-confidence in others.
(b) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(c) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(d) Being able to relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
2. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
3. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
4. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
5. What does Larry Bossidy present on Jack's behalf at the CEC meeting?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)