|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
(a) More upper level management meetings at the training facility.
(b) All employees going to the training facility.
(c) All managers getting more training.
(d) All employees having the freedom to brainstorm.
2. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
3. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 2000.
(b) By 1999.
(c) By 1990.
(d) By 2025.
4. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(a) Medical systems.
(b) Credit and financial.
5. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
(a) Grant-funded companies.
(b) Work-from-home companies.
(c) Women-owned companies.
(d) High-tech companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
2. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
3. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
4. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
5. What expands GE's semiconductor, aerospace, and TV set business?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)