|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
(a) Aircraft engine.
(b) Financial systems.
(c) Medical systems.
(d) Computer systems.
2. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
(a) Six Flags.
(b) Six Pence.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) Six Degrees.
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(b) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(c) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(d) His mother's health.
4. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(a) Chase, Manhattan.
(d) Kidder, Peabody.
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hold them and when to fold them.
(b) To walk away and know when to run.
(c) To quit and when to fire.
(d) To hug and when to kick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
2. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
3. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
4. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
5. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)