|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. GE pays $3.5 million as punishment for its use of PCBs. What does the money fund?
(a) A governmental bribe.
(b) Smog cleanup.
(c) Landfill cleanup.
(d) River cleanup.
2. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
(a) Medical investments.
(b) Financial services investments.
(c) Technology investments.
(d) Improved public relations.
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
(b) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(c) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(d) Internet, TV, and billboards.
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(d) A braggart.
5. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) More medical plastics to save lives.
(b) Spontaneity and creativity.
(c) Success without failure.
(d) Money and more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's title at the new GE plastics plant?
2. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
3. Which aspect of the business complementary to GE fits well with GE's aircraft engine industry?
4. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)