|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He shows up for work drunk.
(b) He insults a club member.
(c) He flirts with a member's wife.
(d) He breaks a window with a golf club.
2. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
(a) Green Belts and above.
(b) All the Black Belts only.
(c) The best of the Black Belts.
(d) All who complete training.
3. To whom does GE sell its investment banking firm?
(a) Chase, Manhattan.
(c) Kidder, Peabody.
4. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Finding a better way every day.
(b) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) What goes up, must come down.
5. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
(a) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
2. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
5. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)