|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
(a) Chase, Manhattan.
(b) Kidder, Peabody.
(d) Neiman, Marcus.
2. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) In-house financing.
(c) Store credit.
(d) GE Credit Corp.
3. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It almost falls through completely.
(b) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(c) It grows fast.
(d) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
4. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His coach.
(d) His grandfather.
5. Which company originally used QMI?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
2. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
5. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)