|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(b) Burt Coplan.
(c) Lee Iacocca.
(d) Dr. Dan Fox.
2. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(b) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
(c) It almost falls through completely.
(d) It grows fast.
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Art and Paul.
(b) Bud and Lou.
(c) Dennis and Bob.
(d) Bill and Ted.
4. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Jack Webber.
(b) Mike Carpenter.
(c) Si Cathcart.
(d) Jack Welch.
5. Which three TV shows turn around the entertainment sector of the GE-owned company?
(a) Frasier, Friends, and ER.
(b) The Simpsons, Married with Children, and Get a Life.
(c) Roseanne, 20/20 and L.A. Law.
(d) Designing Women, 60 Minutes, and The Jeffersons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry Bossidy present on Jack's behalf at the CEC meeting?
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
3. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
4. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
5. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)