|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) TV manufacturing business.
(b) Cable business.
(c) Semiconductor business.
(d) Refrigeration business.
2. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
(a) A worry stone.
(b) Less work.
(c) Delegated authority.
(d) More responsibilities.
3. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) Mind- and market-expanding.
(c) New energy saving light bulbs.
(d) New eco-friendly ideas.
4. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Paolo Fresco.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) Bill Druckerman.
(d) Reg Jones.
5. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(b) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
(c) The case is dismissed.
(d) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
3. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
4. Which country's air force benefits from laundered GE money?
5. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)