|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
(a) $6.3 billion.
(b) $3.6 million.
(c) $6.3 million.
(d) $3.6 billion.
2. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) New eco-friendly ideas.
(c) New energy saving light bulbs.
(d) Mind- and market-expanding.
3. What does QMI stand for?
(a) Quick Meaningful Intercommunication.
(b) Quick Market Interference.
(c) Quick Market Intelligence.
(d) Quick Market Insulators.
4. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
(b) Mow lawns.
(c) Sweep sidewalks.
(d) Sing on the street corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
2. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
4. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
5. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)