|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
(a) Winners at all cost.
(b) Overvalued ideas about themselves.
(c) Backstabbing for higher raises.
(d) Lack of confidence due to the scandal.
2. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
(a) Refrigeration business.
(b) Semiconductor business.
(c) Cable business.
(d) TV manufacturing business.
3. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(b) What goes up, must come down.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) Finding a better way every day.
4. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
5. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(b) All American.
(c) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(d) Cheap labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
2. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
3. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
4. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
5. Which company originally used QMI?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)