|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coach.
(c) His minister.
(d) His father.
2. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
(a) After GE offers him large amounts of money to do so.
(b) When he learns the network wants to move his show to California.
(c) After Jay Leno is chosen to host The Tonight Show.
(d) After GE buys CBS.
3. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(b) Lots of health care expenses.
(c) Lots of factory jobs.
(d) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
4. Which scandalous investment banking firm does GE buy?
(a) Kidder, Peabody.
(b) Chase, Manhattan.
(c) Neiman, Marcus.
5. What is unique about the GE learning/training facility's curriculum?
(a) It uses real GE issues instead of case studies from other companies.
(b) It is studied online.
(c) It is set by the Department of Education.
(d) It is derived by Jack himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
2. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
3. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
4. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
5. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)