|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(b) Expense reduction.
(d) Employee health care.
2. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
(a) Be developing the Work-Out program.
(b) By closing the facility.
(c) By building another gym for employees to work out their aggressions.
(d) By sending training manuals to all employees.
3. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) NPR Radio.
(b) Fox News Network.
(c) Cox Communications.
(d) Sun Records.
4. What is the outcome of GE's attempt to buy the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) It is blocked.
(b) It goes through easily.
(c) Jack walks away from negotiations.
(d) It goes through after much deliberation with share holders.
5. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(b) A braggart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of acquisitions does Jack pass up in the late 1990s?
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
3. What does the learning/training curriculum show its participants?
4. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
5. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)