|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
(a) The prosecutor.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The defense attorney.
(d) The leader of the House of Representatives.
2. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
(a) It grows fast.
(b) It almost falls through completely.
(c) One small flaw breaks the whole industry.
(d) Environmental concerns halt plastics production.
3. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Theater janitor.
(b) Shoe salesman.
(c) Newspaper carrier.
(d) Mail carrier.
4. Under the company's new culture, who is rewarded with GE stock options?
(a) The best of the Black Belts.
(b) All who complete training.
(c) All the Black Belts only.
(d) Green Belts and above.
5. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) Harry Trumann.
(d) George W. Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
2. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
3. What claim against GE does the Department of Justice investigate in 1991?
4. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
5. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)