|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) The breakfasts are always the same.
(b) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(c) It's too expensive to attend the training.
(d) Everyone cannot attend the training.
2. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
(d) Bell Telephone.
3. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
4. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
(a) He takes money from the corporate safe.
(b) He takes all the office supplies and leaves with them.
(c) He makes fictitious trades to inflate his own bonus.
(d) He installs a computer virus company wide.
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six long years.
(d) Sixteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
2. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
4. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
5. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)