|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By walking several miles to the closest library.
(b) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(c) By reading comic books.
(d) By watching them on TV.
2. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) His wife.
(b) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(c) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(d) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
3. Why does Jack choose to build fitness centers in some facilities?
(a) It is a place everyone can use and a place to exchange thoughts and ideas.
(b) His employees are obese and need a workout.
(c) He can get an insurance kickback.
(d) He can cut employee health insurance plans.
4. Which facility does Jack want to transform into a world-class center where ideas are spread in an open environment?
5. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
(a) Theater janitor.
(b) Newspaper carrier.
(c) Shoe salesman.
(d) Mail carrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
2. Which program begins in 1996, changing GE's culture?
3. When does David Letterman move his show to CBS?
4. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)