|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
(c) British Airways.
2. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His minister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His coach.
(d) His father.
3. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hug and when to kick.
(b) To hold them and when to fold them.
(c) To walk away and know when to run.
(d) To quit and when to fire.
5. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The GE Vortex.
(d) The R&D Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially questions GE's quality of products and services?
2. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
3. Which company's restructuring is prefaced by government bailout and public struggle to avoid bankruptcy?
4. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
5. What attitude best describes the investment banking firm employees?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)