|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) His wife.
(b) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
2. What is the one complaint that frustrates the employees who train at GE's learning center?
(a) It's too expensive to attend the training.
(b) The breakfasts are always the same.
(c) Everything that works in training is not how it works out in the actual workplace.
(d) Everyone cannot attend the training.
3. How does Jack resolve the complaint of the employees who have trained at the GE learning center?
(a) By sending training manuals to all employees.
(b) By closing the facility.
(c) Be developing the Work-Out program.
(d) By building another gym for employees to work out their aggressions.
4. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
(a) Jack Welch.
(b) Jack Webber.
(c) Mike Carpenter.
(d) Si Cathcart.
5. How does investment banker Joseph Jett rip off the company?
(a) He makes fictitious trades to inflate his own bonus.
(b) He takes all the office supplies and leaves with them.
(c) He takes money from the corporate safe.
(d) He installs a computer virus company wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
2. Who is the judge in hearings related to GE's purchase of the company that complements GE in various areas?
3. What price does GE pay to purchase RCA?
4. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
5. When GE bought RCA in 1985, which national television station was included in the deal?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)