|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(a) Expense reduction.
(c) Employee health care.
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(b) His mother's health.
(c) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(d) His mother begs him not to move far away.
3. Which investments does Jack find himself explaining and quite often defending?
(a) Soft value of excellence investments.
(b) Hard-hat construction investments.
(c) Hardware investments.
(d) Software investments.
4. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He flirts with a member's wife.
(b) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He insults a club member.
5. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(b) Finding a better way every day.
(c) What goes up, must come down.
(d) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What acquisition will delay Jack's retirement?
2. What does Jack say is the only realistic form of job security?
3. As Jack attempts to buy the business that complements GE in various areas, what stumbling block does he face?
4. Which GE teams get projects improving every day performance in their current positions?
5. Once the investment banking firm situation is stabilized, who takes over?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)