|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) Six Sigma.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) The Management Circle.
2. What does Jack cut with the help of his CFO?
(a) Lots of factory jobs.
(b) Extra money spent for family insurance benefits.
(c) Bureaucracy and non-essential internal data.
(d) Lots of health care expenses.
3. To which former U.S. president was Roger Ailes a political adviser?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Ronald Regan.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) George H.W. Bush.
4. Who co-wrote the book that blames Jack for the broadcast company's failure?
(a) Grant Tinker.
(b) Tom Brokaw.
(c) Jay Leno.
(d) David Letterman.
5. What is GE's TV manufacturing business traded for?
(a) A satellite business.
(b) A cable TV network.
(c) Thomson's losing medical business.
(d) France's TV manufacturing market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
2. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
3. Which company originally used QMI?
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
5. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)