|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) Store credit.
(b) In-house financing.
(c) GE Credit Corp.
2. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
3. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(d) A braggart.
4. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Art and Paul.
(b) Bill and Ted.
(c) Bud and Lou.
(d) Dennis and Bob.
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
2. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
3. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
4. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)