|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He insults a club member.
(b) He flirts with a member's wife.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He breaks a window with a golf club.
2. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hold them and when to fold them.
(b) To quit and when to fire.
(c) To hug and when to kick.
(d) To walk away and know when to run.
3. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(b) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(c) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(d) His wife.
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) It is his favorite sport.
(b) It's less violent than hockey.
(c) All the big shots play golf.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His wife's death.
(d) The CEO's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
2. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
3. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
4. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
5. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)