|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(b) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(c) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
(d) His wife.
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Cox Communications.
(b) Fox News Network.
(c) Sun Records.
(d) NPR Radio.
3. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He flirts with a member's wife.
(b) He insults a club member.
(c) He shows up for work drunk.
(d) He breaks a window with a golf club.
4. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(d) Roy Johnson.
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Lee Iacocca.
(b) Burt Coplan.
(c) Dr. Dan Fox.
(d) Dr. Harry Drickman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
3. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
5. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)