|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) The Harvard Alumni Association.
2. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(b) Building self-confidence in others.
(c) Being able to relax.
(d) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
3. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
4. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
(a) United Way.
(d) Boy Scouts of America.
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hug and when to kick.
(b) To walk away and know when to run.
(c) To hold them and when to fold them.
(d) To quit and when to fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American president called for volunteers to fill in where government's role had been reduced?
2. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
5. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)