|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
(a) His father.
(b) His coach.
(c) His mother.
(d) His minister.
2. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
(b) A braggart.
3. How does Jack learn about current events as a child?
(a) By watching them on TV.
(b) By reading papers passengers left on his father's train.
(c) By reading comic books.
(d) By walking several miles to the closest library.
4. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
(a) He flirts with a member's wife.
(b) He shows up for work drunk.
(c) He breaks a window with a golf club.
(d) He insults a club member.
5. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
(a) Dealing with the government and media.
(b) Dealing with sales reps and accounts payable.
(c) Dealing with human resources and internship programs.
(d) Dealing with employees and insurance companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
2. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
3. Which of the following is not a job held by young Jack?
4. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
5. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)