|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) It's less violent than hockey.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
(d) All the big shots play golf.
2. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(b) All American.
(c) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(d) Cheap labor.
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) The R&D Report.
(c) The Management Circle.
(d) Six Sigma.
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Building self-confidence in others.
(b) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
(c) Being able to relax.
(d) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
(a) Dr. Harry Drickman.
(b) Lee Iacocca.
(c) Burt Coplan.
(d) Dr. Dan Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blows up one of GE's factories?
2. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
3. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
4. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)