|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
(a) Being able to relax.
(b) Winning at least 90 percent of the time.
(c) Building self-confidence in others.
(d) Knowing how to get others to do what you want.
2. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To quit and when to fire.
(b) To hold them and when to fold them.
(c) To hug and when to kick.
(d) To walk away and know when to run.
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Paolo Fresco.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
4. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) NPR Radio.
(b) Sun Records.
(c) Fox News Network.
(d) Cox Communications.
5. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Six long years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he becomes a businessman?
2. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
3. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
4. How does Jack lose his college scholarship funded by the country club?
5. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)