|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Paolo Fresco.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Roy Johnson.
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(d) His mother's health.
3. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The Management Circle.
(b) The GE Vortex.
(c) Six Sigma.
(d) The R&D Report.
4. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Devoted time-clock punchers.
(b) All American.
(c) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(d) Cheap labor.
5. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
(c) Mail Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
2. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
3. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
4. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
5. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)