|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(b) In-house financing.
(c) Store credit.
(d) GE Credit Corp.
2. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
(a) Cox Communications.
(b) Sun Records.
(c) Fox News Network.
(d) NPR Radio.
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) His mother's health.
(b) His mother begs him not to move far away.
(c) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(d) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
4. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(c) Internet, TV, and billboards.
(d) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
5. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Reg Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
2. Who greatly influences Jack's work ethic and fondness of current events?
3. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
4. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
5. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)