|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his high school years, who teaches Jack the value of competition?
(a) His father.
(b) His coach.
(c) His mother.
(d) His minister.
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
(a) The GE Vortex.
(b) Six Sigma.
(c) The R&D Report.
(d) The Management Circle.
3. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
(a) Rejection for an ROTC scholarship.
(b) Losing his ROTC scholarship to a friend.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) His mother begs him not to move far away.
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To hold them and when to fold them.
(b) To hug and when to kick.
(c) To walk away and know when to run.
(d) To quit and when to fire.
5. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) More medical plastics to save lives.
(b) Spontaneity and creativity.
(c) Success without failure.
(d) Money and more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
2. Who instills management beliefs in Jack that include both competing and facing reality?
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
4. How does the plastics industry fare in the 1970s?
5. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)