|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins Jack's transition phase in Chapter 4?
(a) The CEO's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His wife's death.
2. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
(a) Dealing with employees and insurance companies.
(b) Dealing with human resources and internship programs.
(c) Dealing with sales reps and accounts payable.
(d) Dealing with the government and media.
3. Where does Jack choose to advertise his plant's new plastics?
(a) Internet, TV, and billboards.
(b) Radio, TV, and park benches.
(c) Radio, TV, and billboards.
(d) Radio, magazines, and newspapers.
4. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To quit and when to fire.
(b) To hug and when to kick.
(c) To hold them and when to fold them.
(d) To walk away and know when to run.
5. What inspires Jack to pursue his Ph.D.?
(a) He gets full tuition paid by the ROTC.
(b) Not being able to find a job due to economic recession.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's father wants his son-in-law to be a "doctor" of some sort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack's vision for GE?
2. What setback keeps Jack from attending one of the two colleges of his choice?
3. Which organization started out as a group of elitists but opened its membership and transformed into a group of volunteers?
4. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
5. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)