|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Dealing with Reality and "Superficial Congeniality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of employees does Jack want at GE?
(a) Cheap labor.
(b) All American.
(c) Self-confident entrepreneurs.
(d) Devoted time-clock punchers.
2. Who says, "When people make mistakes, the last thing they need is discipline"?
3. Jack says it is important for managers to know when...
(a) To quit and when to fire.
(b) To hug and when to kick.
(c) To hold them and when to fold them.
(d) To walk away and know when to run.
4. Why does Jack's father encourage him to learn the game of golf?
(a) All the big shots play golf.
(b) It is his favorite sport.
(c) It's less violent than hockey.
(d) It's cheaper to play golf than hockey.
5. What do young Jack and his friends do to earn a little spare change?
(a) Mow lawns.
(b) Sing on the street corner.
(c) Sweep sidewalks.
(d) Collect bottles to exchange them for the deposit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack give GE managers for empowerment?
2. What does Jack call the phenomenon when usually strong, self-confident managers panic and lose confidence?
3. Which non-labor department does Jack expand at his plastics facility in the 1970s?
4. How does Jack describe himself in Chapter 4 when he was an engineer?
5. Who is Jack's first professional mentor at GE?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)