Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Go Home, Mr. Welch".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the single biggest obstacle facing the television station now owned by GE?
(a) The spread of satellite TV.
(b) The spread of HDTV.
(c) The spread of cable TV.
(d) The spread of reality show popularity.
2. What is Jack's vision for GE?
(a) Money and more money.
(b) Success without failure.
(c) More medical plastics to save lives.
(d) Spontaneity and creativity.
3. What is the key to Jack's solution as he addresses the complaint expressed by trainees at GE's learning center?
(a) All employees going to the training facility.
(b) All employees having the freedom to brainstorm.
(c) All managers getting more training.
(d) More upper level management meetings at the training facility.
4. Which business complements GE in various areas, but does not have products that directly overlap?
(c) British Airways.
5. How does Department of Justice investigation against GE end?
(a) The case is dismissed.
(b) The company makes a plea arrangement.
(c) Jack pleads guilty to a misdemeanor.
(d) Jack gets a not guilty verdict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which GE business sold was the largest aerospace deal in history when it occurred in 1988?
2. In addition to being self-confident, what else does Jack believe is a large part of leadership?
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
4. How long does it take Jack and his team to find a solution to their new plastics product?
5. In which two areas of CEO duties does Jack quickly see he lacks skills?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)